Zubrus or Parise on 1st line?

newjerseydevils

Zubrus or Parise?  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Which one of these would u put on the first line with elias and gio?

• Zubrus
    • Parise
    • Other

The second line of Parise, Zajac and Langenbrunner will not be broken up it appears since they were the best line for the Devils last season. Zubris will play on the Elias and Gionta top line and should get both Elias and Gionta going. I think Zubris will be better on this line with Elias and Gionta.

Noone works harder or deserves to be on the 1st line more than Zach. But the 2nd line with JL, TZ and ZP has great chemistry. I haven't watched Zubrus much, But in Lou we trust.

PZL was the Devils first line last year. They were our only consistent scoring threat.

The Devils, IMO, are going to make an effort to rest players this season so I think we'll see Parise play some center this season when some guys are either hurt or getting a night off.

For the questions I start Zubrus centering the first line since PZL was so effective last season. I think you have to mix it up during the year just to see what else works as well.

I think it has to be Zubrus. Zubrus is big and is a good forechecker, so I think he will be able to create some room for Elias and Gionta. On the other hand, Parise is a very good player but I don't think he would be able to clear up the ice for Elias and Gionta like Zubrus could.

zubrus...parise-zajac-langenbrunner line is gonna play together in years to come...so they should let them build on the chemistry started last year...zubrus is a nice fit with elias

Well shucks guys... no reason to have that silly Training Camp now.. since y'all figured it out anyway FOR the Professional Hockey Team!!!! :doh1:B )

(damn I am snippy this summer :P)

Parise in my opinion is better than Zubrus but you can not split him from Zajac and Langennbrunner... that line had most of our points... it would also be harder for other team's checking lines to cover Zubrus with his size.

Elias-Zubrus-Gionta, Parise-Zajac-Langs, Pandolfo-Madden-Brylin/Pelly, then the fourth line is a free for all between Rupp Janssen Clarkson Viuhkola Brylin/Pelly and Rassmussen(if he's signed)

Edited by Cal914

It's quite simple, the answer is Parise.

The reason i say that is because i stated in a different thread that i believe that Parise-Zajac-Langenbrunner line IS our #1 line so therefore he technically is and should be on the #1 line!

:gd:

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF NATION!