Red Sox to win World Series!

newjerseydevils

im gonna say one thing then im done w/ you... GROW UP... im 17 and im way more mature thatn you... your about 30... wow... i bet everyone is laughing at you... they expect it from a teen... haha wow... would anyone like to join me in a chuckle... :rofl:

It was a joke and a quote from a movie. Godfather 2. its a good one.

Listen, youve done nothing but call me an idiot, and all sorts of other sh!t, non stop, even when I dont insult you. I dont know what youre refering to in the maturity department. However, I have, since learning of your young age, gone easy on you, and not tried to attack you personally. But so far you have told me,

1)the Yankees always choke in August.

2)You need speed guys on the checking line

3) That NJ sucks and is full of retards

4)That I am a sh!t whore, and all sorts of other ridiculous names.

So really I have had no reason to respect you at all....so deal with it

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a joke and a quote from a movie. Godfather 2. its a good one.

Listen, youve done nothing but call me an idiot, and all sorts of other sh!t, non stop, even when I dont insult you. I dont know what youre refering to in the maturity department. However, I have, since learning of your young age, gone easy on you, and not tried to attack you personally. But so far you have told me,

1)the Yankees always choke in August.

2)You need speed guys on the checking line

3) That NJ sucks and is full of retards

4)That I am a sh!t whore, and all sorts of other ridiculous names.

So really I have had no reason to respect you at all....so deal with it

i wasnt refering to the pic as being imature... i was reffering to you pickin fights w/ people... like ME and TravisZajac and RD... i only said the yanks choke in August.. you insulted me first... i later apologized to my homies of NJ for the Retard coment... and you insulted me after apologizing... were you on another forum doing the same thing and got kicked off... so grow up... i dont pick fights... i just coment and defend myself if it is nessacary... :P

i wasnt refering to the pic as being imature... i was reffering to you pickin fights w/ people... like ME and TravisZajac and RD... i only said the yanks choke in August.. you insulted me first... i later apologized to my homies of NJ for the Retard coment... and you insulted me after apologizing... were you on another forum doing the same thing and got kicked off... so grow up... i dont pick fights... i just coment and defend myself if it is nessacary... :P

what?

You said the Yanks choke in August, ppl from nj are retards, and that you need speed on the checking line, no?

I mean dude, Im at my job when Im on here, Im just keeping myself amused....Im not trying to pick fights with anyone, but when you constantly make ridiculous statements, and then when someone tells you youre wrong, you call them a sh!t whore, its not going to turn out pretty

But I will be the older one (although im not 30 yet, jerky, lets not push it :evilcry: ) and say lets stop the fussin and a feudin, b/c this is not a forum where you can launch obscenity-laden tirades at each other, although I do find that amusing.

Anyway I will be the 'big man' and be the first to say, I apologize for anything I said to insult you personally, and lets move on. We are both, after all, Devils fans.

Edited by TrentonDevils

what?

You said the Yanks choke in August, ppl from nj are retards, and that you need speed on the checking line, no?

I mean dude, Im at my job when Im on here, Im just keeping myself amused....Im not trying to pick fights with anyone, but when you constantly make ridiculous statements, and then when someone tells you youre wrong, you call them a sh!t whore, its not going to turn out pretty

But I will be the older one (although im not 30 yet, jerky, lets not push it :evilcry: ) and say lets stop the fussin and a feudin, b/c this is not a forum where you can launch obscenity-laden tirades at each other, although I do find that amusing.

Anyway I will be the 'big man' and be the first to say, I apologize for anything I said to insult you personally, and lets move on. We are both, after all, Devils fans.

alright dude... i could go on and on but im gonna be mature and say im sorry too... sorry for the disturbance people... go back to pretending to work play time is over... ok guys... the Admins are no longer needed

alright dude... i could go on and on but im gonna be mature and say im sorry too... sorry for the disturbance people... go back to pretending to work play time is over... ok guys... the Admins are no longer needed

Well, it sure got boring without all that fighting huh?

ummm...lets see......

Edited by TrentonDevils

I always like to pull this out of the archives when a good Red Sox/Yankmees argument unsues:

oct. 21,2004

Bill Simmons is a columnist for Page 2 and ESPN The Magazine:

You have to be from here to understand. You just do. It wasn't just that the Yankees always win. It was everything else that came with it -- the petty barbs, the condescending remarks, the general sense of superiority from a fan base that derives a disproportionate amount of self-esteem from the success of their baseball team. I didn't care that they kept winning as much as they were a-holes about it. Not all of them. Most of them. In 96 hours, everything was erased. Everything. It was like pressing the re-start button on a video game. And yeah, I know. We need to win the World Series to complete the dream. But you can win the World Series every year. You only have one chance to destroy the Yanks. As my friend Mike (a Tigers fan) wrote me last night, "Everyone outside of Yankee brats are celebrating quietly with you guys. It's like you killed Michael Myers, Jason, Freddie Kreueger and Hannibal Lecter in one night."It was the choke of chokes, an unprecedented gag job. For once, finally, the Yankees have some baggage. Just like every other baseball team. One last story: I rolled into my dad's house at 1:30, only to find him in the living room, sound asleep, holding the TV remote in his hand like he'd been cryogenically frozen. On the television in front of him, Fox25 was showing live footage from Kenmore Square, as thousands and thousands of Boston fans were celebrating the impossible. After I muttered "Dad!" a few times, he finally jolted awake, glanced at me, then glanced at the TV. I can't believe it," he mumbled. "We beat the Yankees."And it wasn't a dream.

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/story...=simmons/041021

hmmm... "petty barbs, the condescending remarks, the general sense of superiority from a fan base that derives a disproportionate amount of self-esteem from the success of their baseball team."..." Deja vu all over again", sorry yogi. Oh what the hell...LETS GO RED SOX!!!

Edited by Guest

um... not startin anything but... Sox do have a better chance than the Yanks as of the current moment i do have to say... whoo

(i never knew so many NJ fans were Yanks fans... i hate all NY teams)

Most people from NJ (90% i would say) are either Yankees or Mets fans, I guess real south jersey is all Phillies.

Its because most people from NJ have some link in their families to NYC, either parents/grandparents grew up there, work in the city, whatever. And Baseball gets passed from generation to generation I think more than any sport, especially Yankees and Sawx fans. If I wasnt a Yankees fan, my family would crucify me..Ive been one ever since I could watch baseball

And obviously the sox have a better chance at the moment they are six ahead. DUH. BUt the Yankees have been playin well, and they are one back of the WC.

Proctor and his amazing WHIP of 1.5 with a significantly diminished K rate? Yeah, okay.

That Joba guy they brought up to replace him is such a scrub, too. He only has two ++ pitches and two more that are at least league average (with one bordering on being a plus pitch). How could that possibly stack up to Proctor's amazingly inaccurate and straight (albeit fast) fastball and mediocre breaking stuff.

If they lose the wildcard, it'll have been their starting pitching. You can't trust Mussina, Pettitte has reverted to the numbers his WHIP and K / 9 have suggested he should have all season long, Hughes is a rookie and Clemens is old. All the pitchers on the staff are capable of shutting down an opposing line up - it's just a matter of consistently doing so.

Also, the Yankees wildly underperformed their pythagoreans earlier in the season. The baseball they're playing now is what the stats suggested they should have been playing all season. So I wouldn't necessarily count on them cooling off, really.