Who Here Plays Hockey?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

I think there was a thread on this ages ago but i cant seem to find it so i though i would start it again, especailly since we have so many new members on the board.

The idea of the thread is to post a bit about your team, where you play, your position, your number, how long you have been playing and anything else you want. Ice hockey roller hockey, whaterver it dosnt matter.

TEAM: Bracknell Blizzards, we are a recreational team, we have only been going for about 10 months.My Team the site isnt running at full potential yet , and it isnt that up to date for the games we have played.

POSITION: I play center on either the 3rd or 4th line, mostly the 3rd.

TEAM #: I wear 26, i asked for 11 beacuse its my luck number, but it was taken, so i did a Parise and asked for 9, but unlike Zach that got taken as well, so i went with my 3rd option wich was 26 after Patty and John Terry of Chelsea FC.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING: I have been playing hockey for about 6 months, but i have been skating for about 2 years, i have only really been able to get into hockey in the last few years in terms of playing as i could finally get to my local rink on a regualr basis.

I did have a university leauge (collage) try out, but i couldnt make training regularly becuase of the distance the team was from my house.

MY STATS: this year this is how my stats look:

GP G A P PIM PPG

6 0 2 2 16 0.33

Not to great but i registerd the 2 assists in my last 3 games.

So What about everyone else?????

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well, i used play Hockey cosom when i was 12 to 14, and i was wearing the number 6(Don't ask, that's my Soccer number.) and i also played Hockey on ice with a real league here in my city(1year, i was too bad(Even Janssen would have been better than me..I preferred to continue with soccer ,but i stopped last year..Miss it.)

But atm, each week i go play with friends and start games...

I played from the time my parents could find a pair of skates to fit ( age 3, I think). I still play to this day in a "beer league" mmmm beer :cheers:

TEAM: No team we just play pickup games on Tuesday, Thursday and some Saturdays when we can get people....

POSITION: Goalie... there is no other position :P

TEAM #: I usually pick #40 cause of when Chris Terreri played his best hockey in Chicago and it's a number you can wear as goal or skating (when I have to)

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING: I think my first game was 1996-ish....

MY STATS: 2 goals B ), 25 assists (about I usually get 1-3 night)... I'd say I average about 4 goals per hour played allowed (depends on who shows and how intense the game is... I'll suck more in a less involved games cause it's hard to get into it when it's two tired fat people walking back and forth for an hour :P)

Last Thursday it was like 815 and it was getting dark.. games were split 1-1 (lost the first game like 13-8 and won the second 4-1)... and we decided ... next goal wins.... it took 45 minutes to get that one goal in maybe the best hockey game ever played in maplewood nj!! B )

played from when I was a mini-person until i was 19 and was captain for the pennington red raiders here in NJ in HS

now every once in a while I do open hockey, but I am looking for a league after not really playing competitivley for 7 years

Urban Threads (urban clothing) on Liberty ave, next to the pizzeria.

the rink is not far at all...could definetly work. You guys playing next week?(this week im got issues)

Played ice senior yr of high school, 92-93. Inaugural season. Cranford, NJ.

Played a few years of inline hockey following high school.

Played in Whippany NJ, Morristown NJ, Aberdeen NJ, and Bridgewater NJ

94-97

Played ice for County College of Morris, junior college hockey, 01-02 and 02-03.

Invited to Nationals the first year, won the Conference the second year.

Back to inline from 03-04 to present.

Bridgewater NJ, now Edison NJ.

Have played defenseman for the most part, but play up as well depending on team or team needs.

Jersey #: Usually and currently 27, sometimes 72 in the past.

Started playing street and pond hockey around 87-88, first organized was senior yr of h.s.

Play for the Patrons, a 5 on 5 league, and play for the Pizza Mill, C league- 4 on 4.

http://www.inmansportsclub.com/cgi-bin/lgestat/league.cgi

Edited by sean1827

Alum: William Paterson - '87-91 - RW #9 (wanted #13 but was not allowed)

Played Roller 92-00

Playing since I was 12

Have not played since, miss it like hell but at 38 not sure what I'd bring.

Skate to workout up in Kinnelon.

Edited by John Wensink

I've been playing in competitive leagues since I was 6 years old.

The greatest time I ever had was playing for my high-school team from 2001-2004. I've traveled around the country a few times to play in tournaments before - my favorite was nationals in St. Louis.

I wear #44, for none other than my childhood favorite, Stephane Richer :evil: I play LW usually on the 1st or 2nd line, but do most of my damage on the PP from the point.

About 3 years ago I was hanging around the local arena that I play at when a team in a Men's league asked if I could fill in for them because they were short on players for the night. Luckily I had my gear with me so I suited up and ended up scoring 4 goals, including the game-winner on a breakaway. I've been a full-time member of that team ever since, and we've won the championship twice in that span.

Our most recent season just ended with us getting bounced in the 1st round :doh1: . Here's my stats for that one: (including playoffs)

13GP / 16G-20A-36PTS

CRASHER, I wish I lived closer, I'd love to turn you inside out once or twice! :ph34r::evil:

Edited by puckrock

i play for clinton and i started when i was 4 on a team w/ a current devils prospect... i play any forward position i wear # 91 and i average 10 goals and maybe 30 assists a year and 5 hits a game... my most memorable moment was putting a kid into the penalty box... i loved that... i have a pic of it i'll try to find and post it

i play for clinton and i started when i was 4 on a team w/ a current devils prospect... i play any forward position i wear # 91 and i average 10 goals and maybe 30 assists a year and 5 hits a game... my most memorable moment was putting a kid into the penalty box... i loved that... i have a pic of it i'll try to find and post it

Hehe nice,...

I knew you would post here since your canadian and you play Hockey..

Kidding, but on a serious note, i'd like to see the picture, post it :P:evil: