Who Here Plays Hockey?

Chimaira_Devil_#9

Were you the goalie with the BLue or black with the Red stripes??If it was you.. A real Marty Brodeur :P

Wow the guy really flyed(Flought???) out at the end of the video...That's remembering me when my friend flyed like that while we were playing soccer 2-3days ago :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's flew dude :lol:... and yeah I kinda didn't see him coming and I was covering the rebound... in ball hockey it's a BITCH to control a soggy ball when it's getting too hot like that one was

and yeah that's me in goal... I have a better save sequence on my myspace page too :thumbsup:

damn shame no one got video from last Thursday... that was a WAY better game!! :clap:

Edited by TravisZajac

TEAM: Baltimore Clippers (winter), Annapolis Misfits (Summer). Men's "D" beginner HNA league based in Columbia, Wheaton, and Rockville, Maryland.

POSITION: Usually center but I also play left wing which is my off-wing (I shoot right handed)

Equipment: CCM 452 Tacks skates, Eagle gloves, Easton composite sticks (removable blades).

TEAM #: Normally #29 but this summer I'm wearing #1 because the league supplied us jerseys and being a big guy #1 was the only jersey that was XXL. I've worn #29 because it was my number when I played high school baseball in Red Bank and Connecticut. Its also a number which can swing between a skater and goaltender which I plan on trying to see some shots soon.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING: I've played street hockey since I was a kid in Shark River Hills, NJ. I didn't learn how to ice skate until I lived in Massachusetts in college. I've been playing recreation men's league hockey, all here in the DC area, since 2004.

MY STATS: this year this is how my stats look between the two teams:

GP G A P PIM

21 7 7 14 8

I'm pissed because I missed a wide open net last game hammering it wide.

Edited by mdsieve

I played in some organized and mostly unorganized roller hockey games as a kid. Mainly from age 13 to now (19). I spend most of my time playing at the roller hockey rink in Liberty Corner (Basking Ridge). When it comes to roller hockey I have played every position, although I prefer to be a forward. In most of my organized leagues I wore number 15, just because it happened to be the first number I got and I liked it.

I always wanted to play ice hockey but my parents never would shell out the money for it and I never made enough at jobs to pay for it myself. I played my first year of ice hockey last year at Mount Saint Mary's University. We played in the American Collegiate Hockey Association Division 3. We sucked but it was a fun season full of fights. We almost had an all out brawl with Catholic University during the handshake line and in the tunnel by the locker rooms. I played RW and got some action on the fourth line. I wore number 28 because Rafalski was my favorite player and 15 was taken.

Here is my pic (with short hair) from MSMU:

post-754-1185808121_thumb.jpg

post-754-1185808121_thumb.jpg

Ok...here goes...

TEAM: Eastern Parkway Flying Dragons...we don't play in any leauges just yet but we should be soon...as soon as we get more gooder!

POSITION: As Crasher said....goal...there is NO other position!!!

TEAM #: 33...and no it's not a Roy thing. I'm actually a crazy Smashing Pumpkins fan and 33 is the name of an SP song...been my favorite number ever since Mellon Colllie came out :D The only other number I've ever taken was 55 when I played a season at ISCA.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING: I've been playing street hockey off and on since I was 15 and my only love has been goal. Don't even bothering giving me a shooter stick...I don't know what to do with it!

STATS : Statistics?!?! We don't need no freaking statistics!!! Actually, I've never bothered to keep stats but I'm sure our team captain has them memorized for me...he's good like that.

Funny this should come up now. Finally, at the ripe old age of 41, I will be playing ice hockey in an adult rec league in South Lake Tahoe. I've played on ice before, but only pickup games in the middle of winter in Maine and on Long Island.

Started out by playing street hockey. Picked number 25 for that immortal hall of famer, Billy Carroll. A 3rd/4th liner on about 3 or 4 Stanley Cup Winning teams (the '82 and '83 Islanders and 1 or 2 with the Oilers). I started as a defenseman.

Played a little organized floor hockey at the University of Denver. I was the goalie. Still have the T-Shirt with #1 on it.

TEAM: Unkown. Maybe the Zephyrs

POSITION: Unknown. I'll probably start out at forward, then move to goalie once I can get the equipment.

TEAM #: The jerseys I just purchased are numbers 16 and 53. Prefer 25 if I'm a forward or on defense. 28 for goalie (Bob Sauve)

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING: Street/floor? I dunno, maybe off and on for about 25 years. Ice.....a few months than a hiatus of about 20 years. Wednesday is my first ice game.

MY STATS: None as of yet. But I did get a shutout in the DU league. A playoff game, too.

Edited by GA Devil

yo TravisZajac i cant load the pic onto my computer and i have one hit on my computer but its no cooperating w/ me... so if i can get it or the other one i will post it... by the way what is your name... idk why but i feel weird saying TavisZajac

While we are on the topic of playing hockey, I have a question for any of the posters who play adult hockey in NJ. I am transferring schools and will be spending a year at Raritan Valley Community College. There is no ice hockey team there but I still want to play so I figure I should join an adult league. I'm still fairly new to the ice so I want to play in something that isn't too hard in skill, but still decent. Do any of you guys know or play in any leagues at Bridgewater Sports Arena or the Rock Ice Pavilion in Dunellen? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I play in a floor hockey league. Nothing too exciting. It is a 4 on 4 league I am better playing offense but last season I was playing more on Defense. I usually score a few goals a season.

I do put together so pick up ice hockey games at least once a year. On ice I play goalie since my skating isn't too hot well either is my goaltending. It is a lot of fun though and can't wait to play again.

TEAM: Rutgers University Scarlet Knights Roller Hockey

We play in the National Collegiate Roller Hockey Association. www.ncrha.org

Right now I'm playing ice hockey on the Talons at the Woodbridge Community Center with some buddies and we got some of my Rutgers team together to play in a house league at Inman to stay in shape during the summer until training camp starts in September.

POSITION: Defense. I used to be a more offensive defenseman but this past year we had a few guys who were faster than me so I took up more of a stay-at-home shut-down type of role. I think it was good for me because it's made me more versatile since now I have experience playing both as an offensive and defensive defenseman.

TEAM #: 9 has always been my favorite number to wear ever since I played soccer and baseball as a little kid, so I wanted 9 for the Rutgers team, but someone already had it, so I went with 26 since my birthday is the 26th of November. I wear 9 for my summer ice hockey league team, though.

HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN PLAYING: I've been playing roller since I was 5. I did ice during my senior year of high school at the same rink I play at now. My school didn't have a team despite my efforts in trying to start one, so I just played in roller and ice house leagues throughout high school. Of course now that I have graduated, they are starting up an ice hockey team for next year.

MY STATS: I don't even keep track of my stats too much. They have them on the leagues' websites but they are always wrong. I have about 2 goals and around 4 assists and 2 or 4 penalty minutes in I think 10 games on my ice team. The summer roller league I'm in just started, so far I have an assist in one game.

I play rec league roller hockey for Total Logistic Control and Team Branns at Rivertown Sports in Grandville Michigan. Jersey # is 11 after Maddog. I play foward. I've won a few championships, but haven't won in a couple years. This next season is our season though, we're going to take it all.

To those who already play:

What would one's recommendation be to someone who is 25 and never played any kind of organized hockey but desperately wants to? Are there beginners leagues or thinks like that where one wouldn't be a total liability?

Also, does anyone know anything about the Woodbridge community center in terms of hockey? Leagues, free skating, things of that nature?

What would one's recommendation be to someone who is 25 and never played any kind of organized hockey but desperately wants to? Are there beginners leagues or thinks like that where one wouldn't be a total liability?

Also, does anyone know anything about the Woodbridge community center in terms of hockey? Leagues, free skating, things of that nature?