CRASHER

NJDevs Football 2007  

14 members have voted

1. 1. How many Teams?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Voted for 12. 14 is way too high, talent becomes too diluted and it becomes a game of who's waiver picks are luckier.

With all due respect, I will never, ever get this point...because going into the draft, with 14 teams, you me, CRASHER, everyone, are in the same advantage/disadvantage going in...and if the talent is diluted, what does it matter...EVERY team will have less talent with 14 teams vs 12...how does that help or hurt you?

Me thinks you enjoy seeing a stacked roster vs not as stacked, but agai, in the context of competition..it makes zero difference.

With all due respect, I will never, ever get this point...because going into the draft, with 14 teams, you me, CRASHER, everyone, are in the same advantage/disadvantage going in...and if the talent is diluted, what does it matter...EVERY team will have less talent with 14 teams vs 12...how does that help or hurt you?

Me thinks you enjoy seeing a stacked roster vs not as stacked, but agai, in the context of competition..it makes zero difference.

I guess for me it's all a paranoid issue... the more I need to depend on one guy all season the more I know the odds are he's gonna get hurt (you of all people I think understand that one B ) )

it's not about stacking rosters... I hate 8 team leagues because of that :P... I personally think and feel the ideal number of teams in a league is 10 or 12 teams, I won't pitch a bitch if we go 14, but I prefer 12... and as such I lobby for what i want... can ya blame me ?? :P

I can't agree more with the fear of depending on one player.

I am the King of injuries in my leagues. I am hoping that changes. I had Drew last year :puke: Trent Green for 2 years (not the good one) :puke::puke: And Drew again the year Tom came into power. I can't help but feel partially responsible for Bledsoe's demise. :(

risky draft picks can be surprising, for example ;

I had Troy the season when he threw an interception on his first pass of an early season game and got put on IR.

-2 for me from the ole QB position and the following weeks were a circus act of Johnson & Johnson (Brad & Rob) switching weeks of injuries. Every week I'd have to start the "healthy" one and he'd get hurt. :doh1:

Though I did win it all that year, mostly because of two youngster sleepers, Antwain Smith and Marcus Robinson. So yeah, you gotta go deeper into the lineups, but it can be very rewarding.

Anywho, it will be interesting if the last two votes make this a Tie Poll. :rofl:

Fantasy Football Vote, How many teams, 12 or 14? Options

NJDevs Football 2007

How many Teams?

14 [ 6 ] [60.00%]

12 [ 4 ] [40.00%]

Total Votes: 10

I voted 12. I think 14 is too many but if two people really really want to be in it...I could swing my vote back.

no it's ok... don't worry about it... I just found it funny that as we were talking about it (Laflamme has not voted yet) that it changed!! B )

Aug 20, after I get back from Gen Con... we'll do the draft order... I'm gonna take one from the money league where in... and when I pick the order.... you can then CHOOSE what spot you want... like for example:

I draft #3, Laflamme gets #2, Brian gets #1

Brian wants to go first.. he chooses too... so he takes the first spot.. Laflamme wants to be second, so he goes second... I chose to instead of going #3, I pick the LAST spot and go 12-13 in the order.. and so forth

(I did this last year in my 8 team league, got the RB I wanted ANYWAY and then got the next best one too... it can pay off to drop down sometimes)

Aug 20, after I get back from Gen Con... we'll do the draft order... I'm gonna take one from the money league where in... and when I pick the order.... you can then CHOOSE what spot you want... like for example:

I draft #3, Laflamme gets #2, Brian gets #1

Brian wants to go first.. he chooses too... so he takes the first spot.. Laflamme wants to be second, so he goes second... I chose to instead of going #3, I pick the LAST spot and go 12-13 in the order.. and so forth

(I did this last year in my 8 team league, got the RB I wanted ANYWAY and then got the next best one too... it can pay off to drop down sometimes)

12 guy league. 12 votes. looks to me like flames voted. or is my math all fooked up?