Parise Signed

oofrostonoo

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great find.

If that's the case, I'm likin' the deal - average of about 3mil/season as opposed to Penner and Roy, though Parise's contract is for fewer years.

Thanks. Just for the Record (pun intended...heh) it seems that Gulitti has a Batphone or something into the Devils organization--he always seems to break news early.

Tom Gulitti at the Record reported it as 4 years at 12.5 Mil!!

http://njmg.typepad.com/devilsblog/

I'd say that works

I'll clap and giggle when this number is confirmed but if this is true, that's a bargin!!! A potential 40 goal scorer at about 3 mil a year....in Lou I trust!

What nicer about this deal is that Parise will be a free agent in 2011...the only other unrestricted for that year, as of right now is Jamie...shouldn't be a problem to keep those 2 in the fold with a nice bump for Parise, if we survive the offseason of 2009...lots of important free agents to sign then...Brylin, Madden and Gionta to name a few.

Glad to see Lou is planning for the future! :clap:

Good work by both parties. However, if Paul Martin makes more than Zach this year I will quite annoyed.

THE ZACH is Back.

prepare to be annoyed - I don't see Martin making less than 3.5 million, and with the UFA D market next year, he could stand to make 4 easily. On the open market, he'd get 5.

Parise isn't arbitration eligible, Martin is, and Martin's heading into his UFA years.

Zach's due for a slight downturn next year, and I'm unsure of his upside - but the kid's definitely got skills, and having him at this price gives us the opportunity to do a lot of things in trade/free agency in the coming years.

Martin isnt a big name though, compared to others. I would look for him to get around Parises money though. 3.5 at most. It is realistic to say he could go up to 4 million but i believe 3.3 is our magic number.

On the Parise contract, that is a great deal for Lou. Great contract.

Martin isnt a big name though, compared to others.

You don't need to be a "big name". Do you think there is a GM out there that doesn't know who Paul Martin is? Paul eats a lot of ice time and doesn't make a lot of glaring gaffs. Although he doesn't do anything particularly well, there is nothing he does particularly poorly either. Just because the fans, in, say, Nashville don't know that doesn't mean that other team execs don't know the deal.

I hope you can all completely understand how great Lou is now.

Lou has a 23 year old budding star....31G 32A in a defensive system...RFA....4 years, $12 million....

Darcy Regier has a 23 year old budding star...43 goals...80+ points...he sits on his a$$ and lets anyone take a crack at him....7 year, $50 million dollar offer sheet had to be matched.

Word$ cannot describe how I'm feeling right now.

Lou has a 23 year old budding star....31G 32A in a defensive system...RFA....4 years, $12 million....

Darcy Regier has a 23 year old budding star...43 goals...80+ points...he sits on his a$$ and lets anyone take a crack at him....7 year, $50 million dollar offer sheet had to be matched.

Vanek and Parise are different players.

Also, Vanek should finish his career with 100+ more goals than Parise. I think Vanek's upside is still way higher than Parise's - he has monster talent, the only thing that will hold him back is the fact that he's signed from now until the end of eternity.

You don't need to be a "big name". Do you think there is a GM out there that doesn't know who Paul Martin is? Paul eats a lot of ice time and doesn't make a lot of glaring gaffs. Although he doesn't do anything particularly well, there is nothing he does particularly poorly either. Just because the fans, in, say, Nashville don't know that doesn't mean that other team execs don't know the deal.

Im sure they do know who he is. Im just saying, as we all know, the NHL is a buisness. They would expect a more marketable player i guess. I dont know, maybe im just being ignorant, which i can admit too.

Vanek and Parise are different players.

Also, Vanek should finish his career with 100+ more goals than Parise. I think Vanek's upside is still way higher than Parise's - he has monster talent, the only thing that will hold him back is the fact that he's signed from now until the end of eternity.

Do you think Vanek is double the player of Parise, based on money?

I don't at all...

Hey, I thought of that, maybe the agent of Vanek told Regier that he would wait for re-signing(Wait until Vanek is having offer sheets..) Though Darcy could have re-signed him during the season.( I heard Darcy doesn't sign players during the season, is that true??)

Hey..Don't give up on your Sabres(:koolaid:), I know this has been a frustrating season for Buffalo fans...

But yeah, hey guys, do you think Parise refused higher offer sheets from Lowe? If its true..Then the :koolaid: is really working for Lou :P

Edited by TravisZajac

Vanek is a very talented player. The Devils and Sabers are too differant teams. Scoring isnt as often here in NJ as it is in Buffalo. I think the Devils get more valuable out fo Parise because if he was on a team that was offensive he could have scored 40 goals in a season. Vanek is a great player, he is slightly overpaid but he is very probable of a player to someday score milestone goals.