Music tastes...(Lets talk about them!!)

TravisZajac

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a huge range of musical tastes...I spend more money on music in a year then anything else, excluding food!

If I had to pick a favortie type of music it would be ska...if you don't know what it is think a reggae/dub/dancehall mix, slightly sped up with (sometimes) a punk rock feel. Reel Big Fish, Sublime, Mighty Mighty Bosstones are examples of typical ska bands.

I actually do a ska podcast that doesn't suck...www.myspace.com/skankinhepcatshow if you care to give a listen. Shameless plug, I agree...

My top 5 bands are....

1) Smashing Pumpkins

2) Dave Matthews Band - I'm a drummer...I'm allowed...

3) Green Day

4) Reel Big Fish

5) the Toasters

http://www.last.fm/user/NickGerli/

dredg, Rishloo, A Perfect Cirlce, VAST, Codeseven, Kaddisfly, 10 Years, Shun, Incubus, The Butterfly Effect, Memento, At The Drive-In, Hood, Cog, Radiohead, Explosions in the Sky, Hopesfall, The Mayan Factor, Minus The Bear, Thursday, Tool, Clann Zu, Oceansize, Karnivool, Queens of the Stone Age, TV on the Radio, Shiny Toy Guns, Pain of Salvation, etc., etc.

Okay, this is probably a "J. Evans Pritchard"-esque way of doing things, but here are the bands that have the most songs in my iTunes collection:

Leonard Cohen (and Leonard Cohen covers) - 110 songs

AC/DC - 109 songs

Weird Al - 100 songs

Consolidated - 67 songs

Sarah McLachlan - 66 songs

Nirvana - 63 songs

Alanis Morissette - 59 songs

R.E.M. - 57 songs

Led Zeppelin - 53 songs

Enya - 49 songs

Holly Cole - 46 songs

Don Henley - 43 songs

Sarah Brightman - 40 songs

Artists floundering somewhere in the 30s: Guns'N'Roses, Tracy Chapman, Rolling Stones, Chantal Kreviazuk, Primus, R.A.T.M., Rankin Family, Sinead O'Conner, Tara MacLean.

http://www.last.fm/user/NickGerli/

dredg, Rishloo, A Perfect Cirlce, VAST, Codeseven, Kaddisfly, 10 Years, Shun, Incubus, The Butterfly Effect, Memento, At The Drive-In, Hood, Cog, Radiohead, Explosions in the Sky, Hopesfall, The Mayan Factor, Minus The Bear, Thursday, Tool, Clann Zu, Oceansize, Karnivool, Queens of the Stone Age, TV on the Radio, Shiny Toy Guns, Pain of Salvation, etc., etc.

I listen to everything from blues, jazz to speed metal. At this point, my favs would probably be Mickey Avalon, Staind, Nickelback and Linkin Park

Here is some of the music/bands that I like: (in no particular order)

1. Guns N Roses (Obviously)

2. Pearl Jam

3. Alice in chains

4. Nirvana

5. Faith No More

6. Red Hot Chili Peppers

7. The Cult

8. Stone Temple Pilots

9. The Sex Pistols

10. The Clash

11. The Black Crowes

12. Living Colour

13. Black Sabbath

14. U2

15. The Replacements

16. The Cars

17. Pink Floyd

18. AC/DC

19. Van Halen

20. Skid Row

Basically I like Hard Rock/Rock/Alternative/Punk... BUT I am also into 80's music and some of the pop bands from that era, but we will not be getting into that today!!! :lol: Oh yeah, and I also like Old School Rap.

This is just a feeling of what I like.

I had the Raspberries on one of the many lists I've posted here. :evil: Not so much an intentional power pop fan... my sister just bought the 45 back in the day... Yes I like Go All the Way when it came out... trauma I'm old!! I like the Buzzcocks too though.

Oh yeah and I love John Denver -- as everyone who's been here a while well knows :evil:

Edited by bostondevil11

....Hum..He can listens to what ever he wants, just respect that,...
Edited by empulse27

I'm late for the party but these threads are right up my ally.

I listen to aaaaaaaaaaaaall sorts of music. Mostly stay in the realm of indie, but I listen to a lot of punk, rock, heavy metal, alternative rock, pop, pop punk, funk, dance, and a little bit of r&b and rap. I also will totally listen to a good country song too, and same goes for classical music. I really like it all, music is just an amazing thing to me.

Favorite bands --

311, garbage, our lady peace, Daft Punk, Third Eye Blind, The New Amsterdams, Mae, The Juliana Theory, LCD Soundsystem, Days in Grief, Kid Down, Imogen Heap, Midtown, Unwritten Law, Brandtson, Sublime, old Metallica, Oleander, Chantal Kreviazuk, Anberlin, The Honorary Title, boysetsfire, In Flames, Children of Bodom, Jenny Owen Youngs. ...I could easily go on.

My favorite music is probably 80's metal like Metallica, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, etc. I wish I could have lived through that time period to enjoy those bands more. I'm not really a big fan of most of today's metal bands where every song is just nonsensical whiny screaming. There are a few more modern metal bands that I like though, like Kataklysm, Devildriver, 3 Inches of Blood (if you're a fan of Judas Priest's Painkiller album, you should check these guys out), and Lamb of God (even though they have been on the decline since As the Palaces Burn, but it would be pretty hard to match that).

I also listen to a lot of classic rock, some punk, some ska (mostly just Streetlight Manifesto...I should probably take the time to check out other bands), and I have a few rap songs on my ipod.