BEER

TrentonDevils

DM84, this is right up your alley. I went to Philly this weekend with a friend. Hit up a few bars. Theres one really awesome bar, Manny Browns, that has about 100 different beers.

Anyway, I ordered The Lost Coast Brewery's Tangerine Wheat beer.....fantastic beer. It was amazing. The scent was a freshly peeled tangerine and it tasted like it also. It was an awesome summer beer to crack in the 90 degrees.

photo-6-e1280887450236.jpg?w=448&h=597

My friend got a raspberry beer that I sipped and that was also great. I or he does not remember which beer that was.

Anyway, if you ever are in Philly, go to Manny Browns on South Street. Awesome food and beer selection.

http://manny-browns.com/index.php

Sounds great I might have to stop by there. Been meaning to go down to Philly one Saturday soon with my buddy cause we also want to visit the M & N store there.

DM84, this is right up your alley. I went to Philly this weekend with a friend. Hit up a few bars. Theres one really awesome bar, Manny Browns, that has about 100 different beers.

Anyway, I ordered The Lost Coast Brewery's Tangerine Wheat beer.....fantastic beer. It was amazing. The scent was a freshly peeled tangerine and it tasted like it also. It was an awesome summer beer to crack in the 90 degrees.

photo-6-e1280887450236.jpg?w=448&h=597

My friend got a raspberry beer that I sipped and that was also great. I or he does not remember which beer that was.

Anyway, if you ever are in Philly, go to Manny Browns on South Street. Awesome food and beer selection.

http://manny-browns.com/index.php

I want to drink this!

Anybody know of any real ales or ciders that I should look out for in Southwest England. Already tried Tribute, it was served slightly below room temp and from a tap that the barkeep must physically pump, no gas to propel the beer.

I have had Blackthorn Cider before and that is from England and that is very very good. Strongbow is decent as well.

Ye olde Cheshire cheese. My b-I-l is recommending. Sam smiths good fresh in the uk. Haha I'm with Lew now (at my sisters). Just cider. Try scrumpy. Unfiltered cider. Where are you? My husband is DYING to get us there we get Christmas cards from his B&b owners. Fishing buddies for life now. Somerset. Port lock weir I'm partying. I can't write on this phone

Edited by Pepperkorn

Ye olde Cheshire cheese. My b-I-l is recommending. Sam smiths good fresh in the uk. Haha I'm with Lou now. Just cider. Try scrumpy. Unfiltered cider. Where are you? My husband is DYING to get us there we get Christmas cards from his B&b owners. Fishing buddies for life now. Somerset. Port lock weir I'm partying. I can't write on this phone

What just happened? :unsure::giggle:

Anyone know any good cheap bars (1-2 dollar beers) in the city? Or where I can find a list of good cheap bars to hop once night with some friends in nyc?

Don't really know of cheap places but check out peculier in the village. They have about 200 different beers.

I did the Wegman's 6 pack thing -- it's $9.99 per 6pack.

I just couldn't do the Purple Haze thing even though I thought I wanted to try it ... it's a malt beverage ... lambic is bad enough but Malt beverage is too Zima for me. BUT I did do Leinenkugel's Shandy. I liked it -- it's like you squeezed a lemon into a beer. My husband HATED it. but his face made it worth losing the sip. It wasn't sweet at all so I like it. Tonight I'm trying the Long Trail Belgian White... it's pretty lemony as well.

I also got Flying Dog Raging Bitch, Terrapin Rye lager -- which I know we've had before but I forgot what it's like. and Blue Point Toasted Lager and Smutty Nose Star Island Single -- that might be weird but I had to try it.

What did you end up doing?

Nothing yet, still organizing and planing. :lol: Once I have a game plan Ill let you guys know where we end up going and what not. I have found a few places that have dollar beer nights and one that actual has a 50 cent pitchers!!! :yea:

Had the Dog Fish Festina Peche off tap at the bar the other night:

festina-peche.png

Fantastic Summer Ale. Dangerously smooth.

Edited by Quinn01

Hey I know this is not exactly beer-related, but I went to the Capital K9 Association fundraiser at Katmandu this past weekened.

They had a tricky-tray where I won a Rolling Rock gift set (Not a huge fan of RR, just put tickets in cause not many other people did) and I also won a 1.75 liter bottle of Grand Marnier in the chip throwing contest.

My inner alcoholic had a great time lol.

Edited by DevsMan84

Grand Marnier is good if you blend it into deserts. (I went to culinary school for almost 3 years before I switched majors and schools).

I actually dont mind Rolling Rock when it comes to lighter beers. Id much prefer it over....bud or coors.

Grand Marnier is good if you blend it into deserts. (I went to culinary school for almost 3 years before I switched majors and schools).

I actually dont mind Rolling Rock when it comes to lighter beers. Id much prefer it over....bud or coors.

Cool and yeah people were telling me at the event that it tastes great over ice cream. Gotta try that.

Anyone ever try Old Chub?

OldChubCan_2010_3MarchSUPERCROPj.jpg

Saw a guy drinking one once at a party and Ive seen it in the store never went to get it though. I think it was cheap also so Im sure its not the best but on beer advocate all this brewery's (Oskar Blues) beer has good ratings.

Edited by Quinn01

hat was one of my earlier posts -- in teh late Spring we had cases of Oskar Blue's beers. Old Chub is great (women in their 60s love Old Chub :noclue: maybe not cool, but true). Dale's is solid American ale. Gubna used to be seasonal - now it's year round -- it's like drinking a spruce tree I love it! Ten'fiddy didn't impress me as much.

The whole line is really good beer at great value -- it's beer, not a craft beer art house creation though. Each is flavorful and distinctive while remaining beer - if that makes any sense. :P

Edited by Pepperkorn