BEER

TrentonDevils

Yeah their beers all got A's and B's on beer advocate. Ill have to go grab a six pack. Its like 8-10 dollars a six pack which actually is normal. For some reason I though it was in the 6 dollar range? Silly me thinking even passable beer is less then 8 dollars a six pack. :rolleyes:

How do you pronounce Gubna as in Governor with a British accent?

Edited by Quinn01

Picked up a 6 pack of Old Chub....super super smooth. I like it however it wasnt for my friend.

I also got a 6 pack of Mama's litte Yella Pils and it was awesome. I really liked that beer.

I didnt know that Old Chub had a 8% alcohol content. :blink:

Edited by Quinn01

River Horse Brewing Co. in Lambertville has just announced its 2011 Oktoberfest celebration, Saturday, Oct. 8. I am thinking of going. Has anyone ever been to it in the past? And if so, how was it?

Edited by 95Crash

River Horse Brewing Co. in Lambertville has just announced its 2011 Oktoberfest celebration, Saturday, Oct. 8. I am thinking of going. Has anyone ever been to it in the past? And if so, how was it?

Have not been but thanks for bringing this to my attention as it sounds to be fun. I know Triumph across the river in New Hope has an Oktoberfest celebration on a saturday as well and once they release the details I will post on here.

Last year they had German polka and some more contemporary bands playing and they had their special Oktoberfest brew on tap as well. They also had pretezels for 50 cents each (they were outstanding) and selling 1 liter beer steins as well. I won a couple last year and if you bring them to Triumph any day of the year during happy hour or any Tuesday of the year all day when they have beer for $3 a pint, they consider the 1 liter stein as 2 pints so for $6 you get an entire liter of beer. My liver loves it.

Anyone ever go to a DuClaw down here in MD? It's a brew company/restaurant chain with four locations (including the airport, for anyone flying Southwest through BWI) with a pretty excellent rotation.

http://www.duclaw.com/beers.aspx

Last time I went, the Euphoria, Black Jack Stout and Old Flame stole the show.

Up here in Sussex County theres an awesome brew pub called Kroghs in Sparta. They have a great selection.

For August, Krogh's Restaurant & Brew Pub at 23 White Deer Plaza in Sparta will be featuring a "Tom Klosterhoff Cream Ale" seasonal.

Coming up in September, Krogh's will hit the marker of making 1,000 brews! They will be having a 1,000 brew celebration ... details will be made available shortly!

Call them for directions, reservations or questions at 973-729-8428. Enjoy the rest of the summer...hopefully with one of the seven Krogh's brews in hand!

They are having Beerfest on the 25th. Whats that entail?

Edited by Quinn01

Hey forgot to post this article from the SL the other day. Great article about the rise of beer in NJ and has a listing of just opened, about to open, and planned places to get a beer.

They also mention the Deutscher Club in Clark, NJ. My parents have been members for at least 25 years and the last couple of years (and pretty much grew up there myself) they have been hosting one Friday every month a Biergarten. It is an outdoor area with the communal tables set up under some tall trees with music, beer (mostly Paulaner and Hacker-Pschorr) and some food. They also have an Oktoberfest celebration (kinda early?) happening both days this weekend and the crowds are usually quite big. While the club is usually members only, the Biergarten and Oktoberfest are open to all with an entrance fee of $5 per person.

Beer Boom

Also great listing at the bottom of the article of the places and I cannot wait for Flounder Brewing to be open. That is literally less than 5 min from me.

Hey forgot to post this article from the SL the other day. Great article about the rise of beer in NJ and has a listing of just opened, about to open, and planned places to get a beer.

They also mention the Deutscher Club in Clark, NJ. My parents have been members for at least 25 years and the last couple of years (and pretty much grew up there myself) they have been hosting one Friday every month a Biergarten. It is an outdoor area with the communal tables set up under some tall trees with music, beer (mostly Paulaner and Hacker-Pschorr) and some food. They also have an Oktoberfest celebration (kinda early?) happening both days this weekend and the crowds are usually quite big. While the club is usually members only, the Biergarten and Oktoberfest are open to all with an entrance fee of $5 per person.

Beer Boom

Also great listing at the bottom of the article of the places and I cannot wait for Flounder Brewing to be open. That is literally less than 5 min from me.

The Oktoberfest beers are already getting onto the shelves. Enjoying Brooklyn breweries version right now, very dark and tasty.

Thanks for that link, nice six new micro brew pubs coming!

Beer Boom

Cool, I look forward to visiting that beer garden in Hoboken!

Speaking of Oktoberfest, just the other day I purchased my tickets to the annual Oktoberfest celebration in Central Park, which takes place Saturday, Sept. 17. I went last year and a nice time.

If anyone hears about any other Oktoberfest celebrations, please post the info.

I had Shiner Ruby Redbird tonight. I loved it... but it's got ruby red grapefruit and ginger in it. I really liked the ginger. The ol' ball-n-chain made his yucky face when he tried it though. It's not at all sweet.

That's the stuff I mentioned a month or so ago! So was it just me, or did it drink more like a soda than a beer to you too? Poured like a soda, was carbonated like a soda, and kinda tasted like ginger ale with beer and a splash of grapefruit juice in it. Weirdest beer I've ever drunk.

That's the stuff I mentioned a month or so ago! So was it just me, or did it drink more like a soda than a beer to you too? Poured like a soda, was carbonated like a soda, and kinda tasted like ginger ale with beer and a splash of grapefruit juice in it. Weirdest beer I've ever drunk.

Mine wasn't at all sweet -- a belgian white is much more citrus-ee and sweeter even. But it's the ginger that's just weird.... it's what you expect when you see Ginger Beer! I didn't really taste the grapefruit -- it gave it a cool sort of bitter citrus - it wasn't like shandy - where you expected to see lemons floating in the stuff.

Mine wasn't at all sweet -- a belgian white is much more citrus-ee and sweeter even. But it's the ginger that's just weird.... it's what you expect when you see Ginger Beer! I didn't really taste the grapefruit -- it gave it a cool sort of bitter citrus - it wasn't like shandy - where you expected to see lemons floating in the stuff.

Out of curiosity, did you pour or drink straight from the bottle?

Out of curiosity, did you pour or drink straight from the bottle?

Are you joking? Not only am I not permitted to drink out of the bottle it must be the appropriate style beer glass/stein/horn... I think a boot is out of the question even...

I used a standard conical pint glass - I am with you on the carbonation -- no head whatsoever - freaked me out a little.

oh and it was the US pint measure not the UK -- which we do of course own in the dimpled mug or the nonic (the little bulge at the top) style. We have pilsner glasses but we don't have tulip pints. and we have goblets and stemmed tulip for belgians of course. It's ridiculous...

my brother in laws latest hate is Peroni in a stupid tall glass....

Edited by Pepperkorn

Cool, I look forward to visiting that beer garden in Hoboken!

Speaking of Oktoberfest, just the other day I purchased my tickets to the annual Oktoberfest celebration in Central Park, which takes place Saturday, Sept. 17. I went last year and a nice time.

If anyone hears about any other Oktoberfest celebrations, please post the info.

Do you have a link for the Oktoberfest in Central Park? I might be interested in going to that.

Are you joking? Not only am I not permitted to drink out of the bottle it must be the appropriate style beer glass/stein/horn... I think a boot is out of the question even...

I used a standard conical pint glass - I am with you on the carbonation -- no head whatsoever - freaked me out a little.

oh and it was the US pint measure not the UK -- which we do of course own in the dimpled mug or the nonic (the little bulge at the top) style. We have pilsner glasses but we don't have tulip pints. and we have goblets and stemmed tulip for belgians of course. It's ridiculous...

my brother in laws latest hate is Peroni in a stupid tall glass....

haha OK, just making sure I wasn't the only one who thought it poured weirdly.

Shiner is a Texas brewery, so maybe the soda-ness is refreshing on one of those sunny, million-degree days out there? I'm gonna be in El Paso next week so maybe I should test that theory.

Side note: Regular Shiner Bock is pretty bangin', regardless of weather conditions.

Do you have a link for the Oktoberfest in Central Park? I might be interested in going to that.

I can't find much online info about it. It coincides with the annual German-American Parade in NYC. (I'm not German, but my wife is. Of course, much like the more popular St. Patrick's Day Parade, one doesn't have to be German to celebrate Oktoberfest!) Here is a document I found online detailing last year's Oktoberfest. I imagine this year's celebration will be much the same.

http://www.germanpar...tral%20Park.doc

You can buy tickets online here.

http://www.germanpar....org/store.html

From past experience, I find that if you wait till the day of the event to buy tix, you might not get in because it sells out quick. That happened to me two years ago.

CUTE! Check this out -- I'm sure you've all already seen it. I should post it on my fridge so as not to offend guests with the wrong glasswear :rolleyes::giggle:

glasswear (beer advocate)

Thanks for posting that link. Now that I am getting into trying different beers, the next step for me is learning which beers go in which type of glass. Not that I'm a beer snob or anything, LOL. It's more of a fun interest. Just like some guys (and girls) who like trying different types of cigars.

Side note: Regular Shiner Bock is pretty bangin', regardless of weather conditions.

I guess Shiner Bock is getting to be a popular beer. It seems like within the past year or two, it is turning up almost everywhere I go. I tried it for the first time a few months ago. Not a bad brew.

Edited by 95Crash