BEER

TrentonDevils

That beer rules. I don't like it to be too cold otherwise it mutes the flavors, but too warm isn't good either.

Yeah I had it on the warm side and I think it would have been better a little colder but it was still really tasty. They had another beer of theirs at the store that Ill snag today or tomorrow.

They have a moca, java, and a chocolate stout along with an oatmeal stout. They are seasonal beers. They also have a Pumpkin ale called Pumking Imperial Seasonal which I think was on tap at Heartland Brewery.

My friend told me about this beer he heard about that goes for 800 dollars a bottle. It is called Squirl beer and its the strongest beer legally sold. 55%

It is called The End of History by BrewDog. Only 12 are sold.

It's a blond Belgian ale with touches of nettles and juniper berries -- and in order to achieve the brain-blasting alcohol content, it had to be created using extreme freezing techniques.

Oh...and it has a once alive rodent around the bottle:

main1brew.jpg

Yep I have three Pumkings left and I'm also bringing a bottle of Autumn Maple by The Bruery.

"Brewed with 17 lbs. of yams per barrel (in other words, a lot of yams!), this autumn seasonal is a different take on the "pumpkin" beer style. Brewed with cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, vanilla, molasses, and maple syrup, and fermented with our traditional Belgian yeast strain, this bold and spicy beer is perfect on a cold autumn evening."

I've never had it before but I'm looking forward to trying it.

Edited by devilsfan26

I am at oak tree right now and they have a ton of mad elf.

Consider yourselves lucky then. I live about 30 minutes from Hershey (where the Troeg's brewery is now located) and the stuff is disappearing quickly from stores around here.

ok .. now even I'm reading Quinn's posts thinking I wrote that?

let me know if Scott Stevens PMs you by mistake Quinn!

So the old man is grumpy that 6 packs are running $11 now. He also might have gout.... so he just bought 3 reds - looks like we might go on a another wine phase. I love beverages I think. they're fun!

BUT - I think I want to get some other Southern Tiers for Thanksgiving - I love the Pumpking but it IS considered on a par with a lambic in my circles... <_< or Bailey's :giggle:

ok .. now even I'm reading Quinn's posts thinking I wrote that?

let me know if Scott Stevens PMs you by mistake Quinn!

Hahaha Yeah I do that too. I put in the random thread that it was mainly for you and you would appreciate it. I just find it funny that they aim so much at The Jersey Shore and this avatar says come at me bro.

Yeah when SS and I go out to dinner, Ill be sure to invite you. :cheers:

I picked up a jug of Mississippi Mud Black & Tan beer today for $3!!! Hoping itll be nice and cold by tonight. Never tried it before but it was worth a shot for only 3 dollars. 1741.jpg

Yeah I want to get a few bottles of Pumking for Thanksgiving.

Anyone have any other beers they get specifically for Thanksgiving?

I didn't really like Southern Tier's Pumking the one time I tried it recently -- too much of a nut flavor.

For Thanksgiving, I'm looking to get Sierra Nevada's Celebration Ale. I had it last year and liked it.

Im looking to make Apple Pie Moonshine today. My friend let me try a bottle he bought of his friend :rolleyes: so I am going to make mine today.

It calls for 1 gal apple cider and 1 gal apple juice a few cups of sugar (brown and white) and a few cinnamon sticks....along with a lt of everclear. Im going to see if I can get 151 proof so it isnt AS strong.

Last time I had it though it was AWESOME on some ice.

I got Mad Elf (big bottle) last night. I got Southern Tier Oatmeal Stout and a 6-pack of Full Sail Wassail. Full Sail has a lot of Christmas beers. I want to find the dessert-y Southern Tiers.

OH Ship Inn - their Muddy on the Pump is a nice cask brew - PERFECT cask carbonation. It was a little cold but still delicious! the food is so heavy though.. I can't eat like I used to. I didn't like Muddy Waters so much.

Edited by Pepperkorn

I got Mad Elf (big bottle) last night. I got Southern Tier Oatmeal Stout and a 6-pack of Full Sail Wassail. Full Sail has a lot of Christmas beers. I want to find the dessert-y Southern Tiers.

OH Ship Inn - their Muddy on the Pump is a nice cask brew - PERFECT cask carbonation. It was a little cold but still delicious! the food is so heavy though.. I can't eat like I used to. I didn't like Muddy Waters so much.

Yeah from what I have seen Southern Tier I really only see, around me, Oatmeal Stout, Creme Brule, and Pumpking. I would love to get a hold of their moca stout and chocolate stouts.

Went to Defiant for the first time in a long time [3 months or so] tonight and they had changed their beers around apart from the Muddy Creek.

Had the Headless Horseman Pumpkin Spice which was pretty solid.

Also had the Defiant Bach [Don't recall the name 100% for sure] which was also a really damn good beer.

The worst I had was their off-season version of the Prohibitional, and the name completely escapes me at the moment, but it was more bitter than anything.

• 2 weeks later...

Oh Mad Elf was really cute! Like sour cherries even -- I love sour cherry pie! Not too fruity though. I may try some of their other elf I saw.

No, no, no...you've firmly established yourself in the Mad Elf camp now, my friend.

Make yourself comfortable.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/index.ssf/2011/04/troegs_wants_competitor_to_ren.html

• 2 weeks later...

If you're into big-hops and tropical fruit notes, Lagunitas Sucks is a must-try. I've been buying this beer over and over again. Really great stuff. Odd name, but there's a story for those who don't know.

http://blogs.sfweekl...s_the_first.php

While I don't like grapefruit, I do like Lagunitas' IPAs. So I will try to find this new brew and give it a try!

Edited by 95Crash

Had Kentucky Bourbon Barrel ale last night... holy schmoly was that good! It was almost not beer it was so flavorful!

man and I forgot the other ones I had... one you cant get in the US -- it had numbers which I forget -- 685? BTSOM... that was a nice one.

another which was really good - Oh and a hoppy stout - I forget what that was too -- it was cute though - a real something for everyone beer!

then we had single malt an Ardmore 30 year --- that was awesomeness and a Laphroaig 25 year smooth stuff...

I just have no idea how I'll ever be able to get that bourbon barrel ale though.... well I do have friends in louisville....just another reason to go visit.