BEER

TrentonDevils

I just had Weyerbacher Heresy last night. It's an oak aged imperial stout. There's not much hype about this one, but I found it to be a poor man's KBS. Much easier to attain and more affordable too, and still a hell of a beer. KBS is definitely better, but if you are devoid of any, Heresy is a fine substitute.

That's funny. It just so happens a friend of mine brought some over when he came to my house last week. Good stuff. I still have one bottle left.

It's that time of the year again for Washington's Crossing Brewfest in Washington Crossing Park, PA (about 5 min south of New Hope, PA)

It is less than a month away and will be held on Saturday, May 12th, 2012 from 12:30PM to 4:30 PM. Tickets are $40 and for designated drivers the tickets are $10.

I went to this last year and had a blast and they have about 50 breweries who are confirmed to attend for this year. With your ticket you get a 2 oz souvenier sampling cup and unlimited samples for the entire duration of the festival.

Washington Crossing Brewfest

Edited by DevsMan84

I was in Philly again this weekend. Went to Manny Browns on South Street (an awesome place with TONS of specialty beers) Anyway had Unibroue la fin du monde. Holy hell my mind was blown. I have NEVER had such an amazing beer before. Go out and find this brewery's beers. They are from Quebec.

I was in Philly again this weekend. Went to Manny Browns on South Street (an awesome place with TONS of specialty beers) Anyway had Unibroue la fin du monde. Holy hell my mind was blown. I have NEVER had such an amazing beer before. Go out and find this brewery's beers. They are from Quebec.

Been drinking them off an on the past year or so. I am partial to their Blanche de Chambly.

Their whole lineup is solid. Not bad for a brewery that is now owned by Sapporo lol.

Been drinking them off an on the past year or so. I am partial to their Blanche de Chambly.

Their whole lineup is solid. Not bad for a brewery that is now owned by Sapporo lol.

Yeah this was the first time that I had any of their products. I cant wait to get my hands on any of their others beers.

Had a Ten Fidy imperial stout (made by Oskar Blues, the same people who make Dale's Pale Ale) over the weekend and it was outstanding. I don't think I've ever had a beer with such a high ABV (10.5%, as the name alludes to) that didn't have a flavor that suffered so little for it. Friggin phenomenal stuff.

Had a Ten Fidy imperial stout (made by Oskar Blues, the same people who make Dale's Pale Ale) over the weekend and it was outstanding. I don't think I've ever had a beer with such a high ABV (10.5%, as the name alludes to) that didn't have a flavor that suffered so little for it. Friggin phenomenal stuff.

Just bought a four-pack of that beer yesterday. Good stuff! I also bought a six-pack of Mama's Little Yella Pils -- another from Oskar Blues Brewery -- looking forward to trying it.

Just bought a four-pack of that beer yesterday. Good stuff! I also bought a six-pack of Mama's Little Yella Pils -- another from Oskar Blues Brewery -- looking forward to trying it.

Be sure to let us know how that turns out. Oskar Blues is two-of-three for me (liked Dale's and Ten Fidy, not a fan of Old Chub) and I likes me a good pils.

• 2 weeks later...

I think I will buy a Mr.Beer Home Brewing just to see how i do with brewing.

You don't need to buy any of those fancy kits, one of my teammates has one and it seems like the ingredients and recipes it comes with are subpar. My buddies and I just use a big pot to boil everything in and then let it ferment in a five gallon bucket, and we find our recipes online and have made some pretty good beers, especially considering we just started a little over a year ago. There are a few pieces of brewing equipment you do need to go out and buy though, so maybe those kits make it easy if you're just getting started. This link does a great job of explaining everything.

You don't need to buy any of those fancy kits, one of my teammates has one and it seems like the ingredients and recipes it comes with are subpar. My buddies and I just use a big pot to boil everything in and then let it ferment in a five gallon bucket, and we find our recipes online and have made some pretty good beers, especially considering we just started a little over a year ago. There are a few pieces of brewing equipment you do need to go out and buy though, so maybe those kits make it easy if you're just getting started. This link does a great job of explaining everything.

I been thinking about home-brewing for year now, visited a couple websites about brewing and stuff along the years , But i'm leaning towards Mr.Beer mostly because i never brewed before, and i just want to get a feel of brewing, if anything i will waste $60 and two batches of sh!tty beer hahuau..

But if i really start to enjoy brewing i will be doing the more traditional approach, buying the hops unstead of the MrBeer mix and so on.

My Grandma used to brew a Non-alcahoolic beer, she used two kings sized bottle of balck- non alcoohilic beer, mix with hops and stufff i dont rmemeber now. then she would put the mix on a 5 gallon used paint container. let stand for a week or so. then she would bottle the beer into used 2 liter soda bottles and let ferment ther for one more week.

It tasted great the downside was i don't think my grand make really measured the sugar she put on the bottles so 25% of the bottles would eventually explode i mean really explode due the pressure building up.

Great article today on mycentraljersey.com about NJ craft brewing industry

MyCentralJersey.Com

Great read. I've been to some of the places the mentioned, I've got a couple places to try this summer now.

Ship Inn is great. Awesome food, good beer. I had a porter there a couple years ago that was to die for.

Tried another Oskar Blues brew tonight ... G'Knight. It's an imperial red. Decent brew. Very hoppy, as one can tend to expect from an independent brewer these days (when in doubt, add more hops). No complaints as it seems to be done in fine balance, but I'd prefer a can of Dale's Pale Ale if I'm going for a can of hoppy brew from Oskar Blues.

The second half of my evening beering came from Deviant Dale. More Oskar Blues. Love that brewery.