BEER

TrentonDevils

This will help you track it down. Don't forget to call the places before you go to make sure they have it in stock.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks, dude! I'm gonna be in the Bay Area in a couple weeks, and I'm def gonna try to pick some up now.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Thanks, dude! I'm gonna be in the Bay Area in a couple weeks, and I'm def gonna try to pick some up now.

The Bay Area? That's where'll I be the last week in August. I am hoping to take a tour of the Anchor Steam Brewery in San Fran while I'm there.

The Bay Area? That's where'll I be the last week in August. I am hoping to take a tour of the Anchor Steam Brewery in San Fran while I'm there.

I'm trying to get to them or Lagunitas.

I'm trying to get to them or Lagunitas.

Lagunitas? I drank a lot of Lagunitas the last time I was out there a couple of years ago. :)

Where I really want to go to is the Sierra Nevada Brewery. But that one, in Chico, might be a little too far out of the way for me.

Edited by 95Crash

Just tried Climax Golden Ale, and am less than impressed. Do they have any better brews?

Just tried Climax Golden Ale, and am less than impressed. Do they have any better brews?

I've never even heard of that one, but their nut brown ale is great. I enjoyed their IPA although I thought it tasted more like Fruity Pebbles than an IPA, but I love Fruity Pebbles.

I'm a little picky when it comes to the wild and crazy craft beers I've seen lately (Rogue maple & bacon stout??!) But as far as real microbrew...My GF is from Riverhead on Long Island originally, she took me out to Greenport on the North Fork over Memorial Day weekend and we went to Greenport Brewery. Right now they run out of a converted old firehouse, but are expanding. They were doing beer tastings then and I didn't have a single type I didn't like there. Too bad they only do growlers and kegs for restaurants right now. I hear they may be doing bottling at some point soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked up a variety pack of River Horse on Sunday which was National Beer Day or something like that. Nothing special was going on and didn't know about it until my gf sent me an article about it.

Also went to the Office recently in Bridgewater, NJ. They always have a good beer selection but last time was awesome. Had a bottle of Three Philosophers by Ommegang and a pint of Carton Boat from the taps.

Anyone ever go to Maloney's in Matawan? I was there a week or so ago and was blown away by their awesome beer selection. I don't think I've seen a draft list of such quality and quantity anywhere in New Jersey. While there I had:

Flying Fish Exit 16, wild rice IPA

Carton 077XX imperial IPA

River Horse Hefe-Ryzen rye hefeweizen

Ramstein Classic dunkelweizen

Southern Tier Creme Brulee imperial milk stout

I don't remember what my roommate had except for Founders Devil Dancer triple IPA and Founders Imperial Stout.

The Ramstein Classic was one awesome beer, I'm usually not too big a fan of wheat beers but the banana flavor from the yeast in this one was really nice. I need to drink more dunkelweizens, I've only had two or three and at least two of them were really good.

Anyone ever go to Maloney's in Matawan? I was there a week or so ago and was blown away by their awesome beer selection. I don't think I've seen a draft list of such quality and quantity anywhere in New Jersey. While there I had:

Flying Fish Exit 16, wild rice IPA

Carton 077XX imperial IPA

River Horse Hefe-Ryzen rye hefeweizen

Ramstein Classic dunkelweizen

Southern Tier Creme Brulee imperial milk stout

I don't remember what my roommate had except for Founders Devil Dancer triple IPA and Founders Imperial Stout.

The Ramstein Classic was one awesome beer, I'm usually not too big a fan of wheat beers but the banana flavor from the yeast in this one was really nice. I need to drink more dunkelweizens, I've only had two or three and at least two of them were really good.

Nice and that rivals the Tap Room at Somerset Hills Hotel in Warren, NJ. Here is their current tap list in case anyone is interested:

Tap List

Nice and that rivals the Tap Room at Somerset Hills Hotel in Warren, NJ. Here is their current tap list in case anyone is interested:

Tap List

That's a pretty good list. Maloney's must have had around 100 beers on tap though and even more in bottles. I thought it was just what they had listed on the website, but apparently that is just what they have recently added.

Edited by devilsfan26

Just got back from St. Louis, which has a great beer scene. Urban Chestnut had a ton of good beers, especially German styles, bocks and weisses. Also hit up Buffalo brewing co., a decent downtown brewpub. My brother lives out there and volunteered at a festival and filled a ton of water bottles with some great local stuff.

Just got back from St. Louis, which has a great beer scene. Urban Chestnut had a ton of good beers, especially German styles, bocks and weisses. Also hit up Buffalo brewing co., a decent downtown brewpub. My brother lives out there and volunteered at a festival and filled a ton of water bottles with some great local stuff.

I was in St. Louis for about a day on a baseball games and breweries road trip I did two years ago. Did you go to Schlafly while you were there? We took a tour of that place.

I was in St. Louis for about a day on a baseball games and breweries road trip I did two years ago. Did you go to Schlafly while you were there? We took a tour of that place.

We skipped it, because my brother likes Urban Chestnut better, and we didn't have that much time. I think they opened in the last 2 years, so you wouldn't have been able to get there. We just hit Buffalo up because it was in the same building as the barbecue place we were doing dinner in, though it turned out to be completely worth it.

Had my first beer from Ommegang Brewery up in Cooperstown, NY. Fantastic beer and I plan on getting other beers from their brewery.

Ommegang is good stuff. I know the office in bridgewater on 22 has bottles of them and once on a while they have one on tap. Had three philosophers last time I was there and it is good stuff but also set me back $9 for one bottle.

Ommegang is good stuff. I know the office in bridgewater on 22 has bottles of them and once on a while they have one on tap. Had three philosophers last time I was there and it is good stuff but also set me back $9 for one bottle.

Yeah I think I spent over 10 for a 4 pack. Such is life I guess when it comes to decent beer.

Forgot this thread existed!

Just tried the Sam Adams White IPA last night. Really excellent, especially since this is the only time of year I like wheat beers. A good combination of wheat beer refreshment with an IPA funk. Well balanced and tasty. Also, I'm glad there's some love for Founders as you generally can't go wrong with them, in my opinion. A couple of people mentioned the Cherise which, if that's their cherry beer, it's the only one from the brewery I found terrible. The Dirty Bastard, Old Crumuggedon and Double IPA are fantastic.

Also, Ommegang makes a damn good beer. I've tried most of the line, including the Witte, Rare Vos, Hennepin, Abby Alle and Three Philosophers. The Abby Ale is probably my favorite but the Rare Vos is an excellent everyday brew. Medium bodied, excellent flavor. One of those beers I could drink alot of with no problem.

Any Allagash fans here? The Black is ridiculous and the White is pretty damn good as well.

Forgot this thread existed!

Just tried the Sam Adams White IPA last night. Really excellent, especially since this is the only time of year I like wheat beers. A good combination of wheat beer refreshment with an IPA funk. Well balanced and tasty. Also, I'm glad there's some love for Founders as you generally can't go wrong with them, in my opinion. A couple of people mentioned the Cherise which, if that's their cherry beer, it's the only one from the brewery I found terrible. The Dirty Bastard, Old Crumuggedon and Double IPA are fantastic.

Also, Ommegang makes a damn good beer. I've tried most of the line, including the Witte, Rare Vos, Hennepin, Abby Alle and Three Philosophers. The Abby Ale is probably my favorite but the Rare Vos is an excellent everyday brew. Medium bodied, excellent flavor. One of those beers I could drink alot of with no problem.

Any Allagash fans here? The Black is ridiculous and the White is pretty damn good as well.

I like Allagash too and sometimes forget about them. I am partial to their White.

• 2 weeks later...

Nice, the only lively brewery I have been to so far has been magic hat and it was only because the crowd was fooling around. Bands? Nice

I like the vibe at Triumph, though to be fair it's a brewpub and they don't do tours.

Which triumph? I felt each location has its own vibe and it's mostly due to the area it's located in.

I've only been to New Hope.