BEER

TrentonDevils

:lol:

When I was like three or four, my dad took us to a family party...I was soda like crazy, and I vaguely remember there being none left and whining to my dad that I wanted more root beer or something. He cracked open a beer and gave it to me, I ended up drinking like two or three and got pretty damn drunk. My mom wanted to kill my dad.

I like beer. It's good. I could never drink it daily though. It's fun to have while watching a hockey game or going out to the bar every once and a while. My brother loves doing beer tastings and sh!t like that -- he knows everything there is to know about beer. It's crazy.

And TrentonDevils -- sorry, I need my painkillers, I'm in blinding pain without them :P

I had a similar experience when I was 4. We were sitting in the back of some guy's pickup truck at the package delivery company my father used to work at, listening to the Mets/Astros playoff game (would, does this sound hickish enough yet?) when my father let me drunk his beer. My mother nearly killed him when he told her (exactly why he told her I have no idea).

Honestly it kept me off beer until a few years ago, I drank it then because I was thirsty but it tasted horrible. Most of it still tastes horrible but I understand the effect better than I did when I was 4. :clap:

Edit: Yuengling, Miller and occasionally Blue Moon are the beers of choice on my end.

how old are you? beer tastes bad?

Why do you ask everyone how old they are if they give a response you question? It's quite odd.

I know plenty of people who think beer tastes bad and they range anywhere in age...what does that have ANYTHING to do with it?

The reason I ask, is because when I was maybe 16-17 beer tasted bad to me....I didnt develop an appreciation for the taste until I was mabe 20 or so.

And by everyone im assuming you mean when I asked you how old you were in the trapper keeper thread, and that was merely to gauge when you were in school to see if it matched up to the time I remember trapper keepers being popular.

So its really not that odd.

If i asked what color socks he had on last Thursday, that would be odd.

25. And I just don't like the taste of most beer. I've found stuff I like, but they are typically more expensive than your usual Bud/Coors/Corona crap.

And black socks.

I always wear black socks.

Fair enough. Im Irish and Ukranian....so if I didnt drink beer, well, that would just never happen :rofl:

I really honestly don't like beer. Some of it just tastes bad to me. And I'm not saying that I only drink to get drunk, but I hate the way beer makes me feel when I've had a few. I'd rather drink vodka tonics and such. The few beers I do like: Blue Moon, Corona, Guinness.

Edited by LA03

stout.jpg

St. Ambroise Oatmeal Stout. Don't know if you can get it down there but it's just great.

I mostly drink local micros that nobody here has probably heard of. Kokanee is surprisingly good for a cheap mass-produced beer.