Toronto Blue Jays....

NJayDevil

fvcking win something. Whiny little bitches.

They threw at A-Rod yesterday, they're even. Then they go and do it again tonight. Bush league, Canadian baseball.

Glad the Yankees went back at them in the 7th with the up and in pitch to Rios. I guess 14 years of really, really terrible baseball will make a team act like idiots.

The New York Yankees are a coming.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate the Blue Jays as much as the next guy (you should have heard unbearable play-by-play guy Jamie Campbell go nuts when Posada was thrown out at 2nd when the game was pretty much out of reach), but....

Bush league, Canadian baseball.

I'm a huge Jays fan and I'm pretty torn between this. I honestly don't know if this was Gibbons call or Josh Towers making a statement.

The fact is you had a rookie pitcher who wasn't even on the team at the time when A-Rod possibly yelled "Mine" and he missed anyway. I don't think that is getting even. So Towers went ahead and nailed him. At least he went low and didn't go up high like Clemens did.

I got a lot of respect for Josh Towers though. This guy has shown some heart this year, something that is missing badly in that locker room. He called out his team last week and didn't back down against the best player in the game. I loved his quote about Tony Pena.

"I heard somebody chirping when I was talking to Lyle [Overbay] and I didn't think it was Alex and I asked who it was," Towers said. "Tony Pena is running his mouth off and I was like, 'What's this guy running his mouth off for?' This dude is a quitter. He managed a team and quit in the middle of the season because he couldn't hack it. He's going to run his mouth off? So I ended up getting into it with Alex a second time."

The fact is the Jays got embarassed tonight. They didn't rise to the occasion and got beat pretty badly.

As for your comment about 14 years of bad baseball? What a dumbass comment. How many of these guys have been on the team for more than two years?

You want to call out someone. Call out Gibbons or Towers but don't come with a dumb comment like that.

The bottom line is A-Rod deserved proper payback for his bush league act and tonight he got it. Just a shame the Jays got it handed to them.

I'm a huge Jays fan and I'm pretty torn between this. I honestly don't know if this was Gibbons call or Josh Towers making a statement.

The fact is you had a rookie pitcher who wasn't even on the team at the time when A-Rod possibly yelled "Mine" and he missed anyway. I don't think that is getting even. So Towers went ahead and nailed him. At least he went low and didn't go up high like Clemens did.

I got a lot of respect for Josh Towers though. This guy has shown some heart this year, something that is missing badly in that locker room. He called out his team last week and didn't back down against the best player in the game. I loved his quote about Tony Pena.

"I heard somebody chirping when I was talking to Lyle [Overbay] and I didn't think it was Alex and I asked who it was," Towers said. "Tony Pena is running his mouth off and I was like, 'What's this guy running his mouth off for?' This dude is a quitter. He managed a team and quit in the middle of the season because he couldn't hack it. He's going to run his mouth off? So I ended up getting into it with Alex a second time."

The fact is the Jays got embarassed tonight. They didn't rise to the occasion and got beat pretty badly.

As for your comment about 14 years of bad baseball? What a dumbass comment. How many of these guys have been on the team for more than two years?

You want to call out someone. Call out Gibbons or Towers but don't come with a dumb comment like that.

The bottom line is A-Rod deserved proper payback for his bush league act and tonight he got it. Just a shame the Jays got it handed to them.

What A-Rod did wasn't bush league--if professional baseball players get distracted that easily then, well I guess they aren't professionals.... The only thing bush league here is how the Jays handled themselves--what a bunch of losers

A-Rod did something that happens more then most might think..but he was less discreet about it, the cameras were all over it, it looked bad, and the Jays 3rd baseman IMO overreacted...but A-Rod should have not did what he did...

A-Rod gets hit, Clemens retaliates, end of story...I have no problem with it.

Clown...I'm not sure if that happens very often. On the Jays broadcast, they had former CY Young winner Pat Hentgen on during the top of the third when everything went down and they were explaining to him what A-Rod did to start this whole mess. He said in his entire 14 year career he had never seen or heard of someone doing that on the base paths. However, he did say that it was common for players in the other team's dugout to yell mine when a pitcher and catcher would go for a ball in foul territory.

Towers is a punk, his statement on Pena was way out line. Maybe before he criticizes other people not being able to do their jobs, he should learn how to do his, the guys is garbage. I also thought it was funny how he bragged about how none of his teammates backed down from the Yankees who he said were talking tough. He is right the Jays don't back down, they bend over.

I loved how Shelly Duncan ran out and intercepted Stairs yesterday during the second bench clearing. Larry Bowa also looked like a madman out there, gotta love that. Clemens also did a great job of sticking up for his teammates. It sucks he will get suspended though. I understand the retaliation rules, but I think it sucks that the Jays can throw at A-Rod multiple times intentionally, but suffer no consequences. The again, not suspending Towers probably hurts them more than suspending him.

I doubt we see more fireworks tonight, but maybe later in the year something else will happen.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Towers is a punk, his statement on Pena was way out line. Maybe before he criticizes other people not being able to do their jobs, he should learn how to do his, the guys is garbage. I also thought it was funny how he bragged about how none of his teammates backed down from the Yankees who he said were talking tough. He is right the Jays don't back down, they bend over.

I loved how Shelly Duncan ran out and intercepted Stairs yesterday during the second bench clearing. Larry Bowa also looked like a madman out there, gotta love that. Clemens also did a great job of sticking up for his teammates. It sucks he will get suspended though. I understand the retaliation rules, but I think it sucks that the Jays can throw at A-Rod multiple times intentionally, but suffer no consequences. The again, not suspending Towers probably hurts them more than suspending him.

I doubt we see more fireworks tonight, but maybe later in the year something else will happen.

I don't mind the back and forth...I equate it to hockey (but then again, I equate everything to hockey...work, money, sex...he shoots...he scores!!)

In hockey, if somebody goes after one of your star players, that somebody is going to get hammered...thats just the way it is. So, when the Toronto guy (sorry, not a huge baseball fan) goes after A-Rod, I see nothing wrong with Clemens, at the end of his "shift", taking a throw at a Toronto batter. Only difference is that in hockey he have enforcers to do the dirty work.

It's all about intimidation and getting in your opponents head...which didn't work for the Jays 'cause they lost 9-2. Personally, I would love the two of them to start fighting on the mound, get 3 inning majors and have to sit in tiny penalty boxes next to the kid who catches the foul balls and tosses them into the crowd...that would be hilarious :D

Edited by Bulletproof

Edited by devilsrule33

I may be the biggest Yankee fan of them all....

But, what A-rod did was mostcertainly bush league, he deserved to get hit....The Blue Jays HAD to hit him, and Roger threw back at them....Thats baseball....people throw at eachother, get over it

It should be done now, and the Blue Jays can continue wishing they were in any other division but the east, and the Yankees will now overtake Boston, and hopefully the Red Sox entire team will die in a fiery plane crash and the city of boston will be nuked.

fvcking win something. Whiny little bitches.

They threw at A-Rod yesterday, they're even. Then they go and do it again tonight. Bush league, Canadian baseball.

Glad the Yankees went back at them in the 7th with the up and in pitch to Rios. I guess 14 years of really, really terrible baseball will make a team act like idiots.

The New York Yankees are a coming.

It should be done now, and the Blue Jays can continue wishing they were in any other division but the east, and the Yankees will now overtake Boston, and hopefully the Red Sox entire team will die in a fiery plane crash and the city of boston will be nuked.

Geez..Get over it, Its only a damn fvcking sport.

Lache la drogue tit copain :P

Edited by TravisZajac