Variable Ticket Pricing in Buffalo

msweet

They should switch NJ from the Value over to Bronze and replace them with either Nashville, Columbus or Florida. So the Devils are considered a "value" game but the Panthers, Blue Jackets and Predators aren't? LOL.

I agree with what you are saying. However, the only argument against you would be that it is a Wednesday game in February.

so here's my idiot question.... does this gouging count season ticket holders too or god forbid do they get some REAL benefit for buying all the games FiNALLY??

Here is an answer to your question:

Sabres Season Ticket Prices

Now here is an interesting question: It says the SEASON ticket price for the best seats in the house are $74.00..now the INDIVIDUAL games are $208.00...if the person who bought the ticket for 74...goes and sells the ticket for the individual price to some $lobbering Leaf$ fan named Gordie who needs a seat and will block the view of the Sabres fan behind him wit his mullett...is that considered scalping???

Here is an answer to your question:

Sabres Season Ticket Prices

Now here is an interesting question: It says the SEASON ticket price for the best seats in the house are $74.00..now the INDIVIDUAL games are $208.00...if the person who bought the ticket for 74...goes and sells the ticket for the individual price to some $lobbering Leaf$ fan named Gordie who needs a seat and will block the view of the Sabres fan behind him wit his mullett...is that considered scalping???

It is scalping but theres nothing wrong with doing that.

Personally I think the timing of this decision is awful. Buffalo had a decent team last season and won the Presidents Cup but they have lost many of their leaders and won't be the same team this season I believe they will be worse.

I know they had one of the lower priced arenas last season. However for this plan to not be price gouging they need to lower some ticket while raising some.

Soon with the pricing of ticket for this sport there won't be any fans in the seats.

The NHL continues its policy of trying to bleed the few die hards dry of every last penny they own. If you charge more for those games fans will expect more from them. They better be good or else you will alienate your customer. That is never a smart business decision.

Its the same thing, just how you state it.

Say ticket prices are currently $15.00

They could raise the ticket price to $20.00, but then say select games are now only $13-19.

I never said anything about raising the ticket prices. Just keeping the face value for 'Premium' games, and lowering them for other games. So the tickets would either stay the same or go lower, never higher.

The other side of that argument would be that if you're really a fan of the team, you'd be just as excited to see the Devils play the Panthers as you would be to see the Devils play the Rangers.

Not saying I'm particularly a fan of variable pricing myself, just wanted to point that out.

That was going through my mind as well.

This idea makes a certain amount of sense but only if it is done within a certain range and with certain rules:

Ticket prices should not vary more than 50% from the average price of a ticket. A $20 ticket should not cost more than $30 nor should it cost less than $10. A $90 ticket should not cost more than $135 nor should it cost less than $45.

Ticket prices should be set for games not more than two weeks in advance of a game. This way it is easier and more accurate for the team to tell what are the high priced matchups and what aren't.

Season tickets should be set at a 25% discount of average price. This way you reward people who pay for it all in advance.

Any ticket paid for more than a month in advance would get a 10% discount off average. Once again, there is a certain risk involved in paying in advance. A ticket bought before the price is set but not more than a month in advance would cost the average. In this way it would still be possible to get tickets to high ticket games at reasonable prices.

Edited by NewarkDevil5

two weeks? under your plan nd5, why even bother to raise the prices at all? the team is the one who loses if it's not a great matchup.

jacking the prices up for leafs games in buffalo makes a ton of sense. unfortunately, they couldn't've chosen a worse time to do it.