Lets go Mets!!!

Devils Pride 26

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, just his pressence alone is a boost. Now if he could win 4-5 games that would be tremendous. For the PLayoffs we have a great problem of too many starters. I think it should be:

1 Perez (big game pitcher this year, beat the Yankees and the braves 3 times)

2 El Duque (only if hes healthy)

3 Glavine

If Willie wants 4 then Maine

Urgh its too tough to decide

Yay a Mets thread!! LETS GO METS!!

Anyway.. If we end up being top team in the NL i hope the Padres dont get the Wild Card spot.. But so far so good since the Padres are coming back on the D-Backs for the division lead (I much prefer playing the D-backs rather than the Padres).. As for today, I thought Pedro pitched extremely well, he was very sharp and in control on almost all of his pitches.. He even said after he pitched he still felt like he had more in him, which is a good sign.. If it wasn't for Alou's bad judgment of that fly-ball and Beltran's error he would've only given up a run..

But glad to see the Mets kicking Harang's ass.. no way he deserves Cy Young, Alou beat up on him badly.. Only thing I'm worried about is Aaron Sele.. I really hope we dont use him in the playoffs as a relief pitcher, he really isn't that good.. Also glad to see Pelfrey have an awesome outing against the Braves on Saturday!

Edited by nmigliore

I hope that it ends up like this:

1 Mets

2 Diamondbacks

3 Cubs

4 Dodgers

None of those teams scare me one bit.

Keith was talking in the game about some of the wildcard teams have great 1-2 starters (i.e. Padres, Braves) While I wouldnt want to play them, I like our rotation much better because of the great depht.

I dont think Pedro is the number 1 or 2 pitcher for the playoffs. Maine has been the best throughout the year so i think hes 1, glavine is 2, perez is 3 and pedro is 4. A 4 man rotation for the playoffs works like that. Orlando could be used also in the bullpen as if main, glavine, perez or pedro gets in trouble fast he comes in with his starter role.

I hope that it ends up like this:

1 Mets

2 Diamondbacks

3 Cubs

4 Dodgers

None of those teams scare me one bit.

Keith was talking in the game about some of the wildcard teams have great 1-2 starters (i.e. Padres, Braves) While I wouldnt want to play them, I like our rotation much better because of the great depht.

Yeah the Padres have the good "1-2 punch" with Peavy and Young as Keith stated.. As of now, Padres are up a game on the D-Backs (leaving the D-backs in the Wild Card spot up 3 games on the Dodgers and Phillies for the wild card race).. So I'm pulling for the Padres to win their division, but hopefully the Mets keep winning to stay ahead of them to earn the top spot in the NL..

The Pedro magic is back B ) Even aside from his pitching he brings so much to the team in terms of his demeanor loosening everyone up and taking pressure off a group that pretty much has been leaderless (other than Wright, who's more a leader by example) for much of the year.

Wright should get some MVP consideration. He's in line for a 30/30 season and will drive in over 100. Since May, he's been the one constant in their lineup.

There are plenty of candidates from Prince Fielder to Matt Holliday to Chase Utley. Ryan Howard and maybe Jimmy Rollins too. Of course Pujols too.

Perez was below par tonight, good thing he didn't pitch the 6th.. Nice to see that 5-run 6th inning to tie the game and take the lead.. I really hope Green continues to get more playing time than Milledge, hes wayy better in the field and with the bat.. Also nice to see Mota with a good inning, hes been doing good lately.. Lets just hope the 'Pen keeps this for us..

edit (8/5): Well I just knew the sweep wasn't gonna happen with the line-up, but this loss doesn't hurt us since the Phillies lost as-well.. My big worry from this game though is with John Maine.. He looked very bad and much like Perez was last night except even worse.. If he does get that post-season rotation spot I really hope we don't see any of these kind of Maine games (same goes for Perez and his walks).. But overall its just good the Phillies lost too.. Next up is Houston, I think its a must sweep with Phillies/Braves coming after.. Phillies have Florida next, I have a feeling they're gonna sweep them.. Lets just hope everything goes well versus Houston.

Edited by nmigliore

Bye Bye Braves! :hi:

Great job by the Mets kicking it into another gear after that disasterous Philly trip. Even though the race is pretty much over now (thanks to the Phillies going in the tank since then) revenge would still be nice this weekend :evil:

After that just a matter of getting everyone healthy for the playoffs which is no guarantee. Duque's foot acted up again, Delgado just started hitting off a cage and Castro apparently had something of a setback in Brooklyn.

Bye Bye Braves! :hi:

Great job by the Mets kicking it into another gear after that disasterous Philly trip. Even though the race is pretty much over now (thanks to the Phillies going in the tank since then) revenge would still be nice this weekend :evil:

After that just a matter of getting everyone healthy for the playoffs which is no guarantee. Duque's foot acted up again, Delgado just started hitting off a cage and Castro apparently had something of a setback in Brooklyn.

BOOOOOOO!!! Thats almost as bad as rooting for the flyers.

the only thing worse than rooting for a philadelphia sports team, is actually living in philadelphia.

Glad to see that Wags is back on track. Mota needs to never pitch again. Hopefully he'll take steroids again so the league will suspend him, because I don't think Omar would ever trade a hispanic player OFF of the team.

anyone watching the mets/phillies game right now? 2-2 going to the Bot. 9th.. what a top 9th for Wagner! Struck out Burrell, Howard, and Rowand - arguably the teams top hitters.. LETS GO METS lets get a walk off winner now!

edit: ha i laugh at the home-plate ump.. funny how he calls the CLEARLY outside/away pitches for strikes on the Mets (anyone remember Reyes' earlier at-bat?).. Of course then he tosses LoDuca.. fvcking biased umps I tell ya..

Edited by nmigliore

The ump was an absolute joke, he definitely had a moving strike zone depending who was at the plate. I don't blame LoDuca one bit for getting tossed, I wish Willie'd show more emotion and get tossed in a situation like that too.

Another annoying loss though. The Phillies it seems have replaced the Braves as the team the Mets invent ways to lose big games to in excruciating ways. Can Willie run a damn squeeze in the eighth with probably the best bunter in the league at the plate and the defense playing back?! Noooo, he has to have Castillo try to get a hit (since any fly ball he hits will probably be too shallow to be a sac fly) and he and Beltran strike out back-to-back. Again they make this garbage pitching staff look good.

Still the division lead better be safe. Even with a sweep the Mets would be 3.5 up with only games against Florida and Washington left (plus one makeup against the Cards). But having the Phillies in the playoffs would not be good if they're going to keep beating us in the crunch.

This was a game we should've one.. too bad for Glavine, just that one mistake to Utley costed him a no decision.. the only plus out of this game was Glavine's great performance and Wagner owning the 9th.. Heilman couldn't get in done in the 10th (hes becoming Mota #2).. Not good for the bullpen again (excluding Wagner/Feliciano)

It's official, the Phillies have replaced the Braves as the team we cannot get out of our own way against. Seven straight losses, the last five of which the team basically invented ways to lose and now inventing a new one today, by walking the pitcher on four pitches then having Reyes boot a grounder and turn it into TWO unearned runs. For a guy with his numbers and talent, Reyes has had a lot of uninspiring play this season.

Why am I even watching this game when the Jets are going to annoy me in three hours and probably the Chargers are going to annoy me tonight by crapping the bed :P