The Anti-Americans

MantaRay

I can't f**king believe that I actually read all FIVE pages of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!

If I had put Sammy and TD on ignore maybe this would have made more sense, but then, the entertainment aspect of the "who's on first" routine would have been lost.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can you get any stupider? "Boot camp". You are a real jerkoff. Are you like 11?It's the New Jersey State Police Training Facility, Sea Girt, NJ. Boot camp is for the military. It's paramilitary........no sh*t. So is every other law enforcement agency. And if I told you how much more I make then my brother-in-law who's Sergeant in the NJSP, you'd once again by eating your garbage.You must have one hell of a driving record for such bitterness at your local saviors.Actually, you couldn't cut it........ah, now I get it a :hah: "wannabe"
AND FYI, LOCAL POLICE ARE MOST CERTAINLY NOT A PARAMILITARY ORGANIZATION YOU fvckING DOLT
I can't f**king believe that I actually read all FIVE pages of this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!If I had put Sammy and TD on ignore maybe this would have made more sense, but then, the entertainment aspect of the "who's on first" routine would have been lost.
It was abbott and costelloesque....just not funny

Thats the joke. Wow. Between you, Leeds and that other JO with the stupid british cartoon for his avatar there is a dearth of intelligence on this board that is really staggering.
You could always leave and find a board that is closer to your intelligence level. I mean why waste time here?
If I had put Sammy and TD on ignore maybe this would have made more sense, but then, the entertainment aspect of the "who's on first" routine would have been lost.
You'd put me on ignore? Then you'd miss all sorts of other cool sh!t! :P

You could always leave and find a board that is closer to your intelligence level. I mean why waste time here?

No its really just you and Jimmy that are the problem. But hes a cop and you live in Texas, so I guess I really shouldnt hold it against you. I can deal. Everyone else has been great.

No its really just you and Jimmy that are the problem. But hes a cop and you live in Texas, so I guess I really shouldnt hold it against you. I can deal. Everyone else has been great.

I can actually see this guy sitting :giggle: as he writes this and waits for an angry reply :rolleyes:

hey ! Don't forget.. i'm French !

BTW... can I hate USA now ? Let the hate for american people to non-american people !

We're better :dance:

I went to Montreal with a couple of friends of mine once and it was pretty much my worst experiance in Canada or any road trip for that matter I have ever had. I was only there for the day but everyone there picked up on the fact that I was american and was super snobby. We went to a coffee shop and the waitress started speaking french, when I told her I couldnt speak french she threw the menu down on the table and told me to point at what I want. Most of the shops we visited had similar service.

Now its possible I just happened to go on "everyone is reaaally uptight day" but idk I dont think Ill be going back to Quebec anytime soon. On the otherhand we went to Ottawa that night and had an amazing time just walking around and going to local bars where people could tell we were American's but it didnt bother them at all.

I went to Montreal with a couple of friends of mine once and it was pretty much my worst experiance in Canada or any road trip for that matter I have ever had. I was only there for the day but everyone there picked up on the fact that I was american and was super snobby. We went to a coffee shop and the waitress started speaking french, when I told her I couldnt speak french she threw the menu down on the table and told me to point at what I want. Most of the shops we visited had similar service. Now its possible I just happened to go on "everyone is reaaally uptight day" but idk I dont think Ill be going back to Quebec anytime soon. On the otherhand we went to Ottawa that night and had an amazing time just walking around and going to local bars where people could tell we were American's but it didnt bother them at all.
Edited by TravisZajac

I went to Montreal with a couple of friends of mine once and it was pretty much my worst experiance in Canada or any road trip for that matter I have ever had. I was only there for the day but everyone there picked up on the fact that I was american and was super snobby. We went to a coffee shop and the waitress started speaking french, when I told her I couldnt speak french she threw the menu down on the table and told me to point at what I want. Most of the shops we visited had similar service.

Now its possible I just happened to go on "everyone is reaaally uptight day" but idk I dont think Ill be going back to Quebec anytime soon. On the otherhand we went to Ottawa that night and had an amazing time just walking around and going to local bars where people could tell we were American's but it didnt bother them at all.

My experience has been that Americans get a pass for not speaking French, but if they think you are an English speaking Canadian they have little use for you. As far as the separatist stuff is concerned, when I go on wilderness canoe trips in PQ, the number of maple-leaf flags increases the further from the border you are. All the fleur de lis flags are in the metropolitan areas.

The only problem we had language wise was getting large mugs of beer, We were served one 40 oz bottle instead of 6 pint glasses. We got that straightened out.

If you make any attempt at all to speak or stumble thru the menus, servers are very helpful, even if they can't speak a word of English, which is mostly the case north of the major metro areas. I have never run into any snobby folks. We had to hitchhike from a canoe takeout back to the train station were we were starting from and a guy was more than happy to bring us back. On another trio when we got to the takeout, the car we had left there had a dead battery. Funny thing is, they never teach you really useful phrases like" Can you give me a jump start?"

OTOH, a friend of mine has a summer place in Buckingham PQ ( Home town of Claude Lemieux) and he says the locals are pretty standoffish, and he lives in Bay Head.