NJDevs FHL returns for a fifth season!

NJDevs4978

Well for those of you who have played in the past (as well as the noobs) as usual, this will be a Yahoo! league with 20 teams and rotisserie scoring. Rosters will remain the same size with sixteen players and an IR spot. Starting lineups are going to stay the same with 2 C, 2 LW, 2 RW, 4 D and one goalie spot to keep the game limit reasonable.

As far as game play goes, I

PIM is better than GWG in my opinion as it forces you to make a more well rounded team and GWG is pretty random but heavily geared towards high goal scorers anyway.

Is there any options for hockey to do a weekly H2H roto format as opposed to a season long roto format? I'm good to go either way but I've found in baseball it tends to keep teams more involved.

Edited by Devils731

You 'can' do head-to-head but I'd rather not since head-to-head's based on luck as much as anything else while rotisserie truly rewards the best teams. Plus we've actually had some pretty tight races with the roto format, last year in particular with Swede and LOTCB heh.

Ohhh (and congrats), well it's subject to change if enough people don't like the date. I'd rather not have it on a Sunday since a lot of people watch football :P And I probably won't have it Friday cause I'm not usually around then, but any other night of the week would be fine by me.

Edited by Hasan4978

Eh I knew I should have put it for a weekday, generally more people are around then for the board fantasy football draft :P

Okay I changed it to Thursday the 13th at 9. Hopefully this isn't a problem for too many people.

Well we're at 15/20 teams now, with bostondevil as the sixteenth team (just sent the info).

I still have a few question marks (DM, Derek, Sue, RD) who I haven't heard back from yet. DM and Derek probably will do it but one hasn't logged in and the other hasn't responded yet :P I doubt the other two have the time and/or the interest to do it anyway but one asked me off-board a while back and one has been a part of the league every year so I'll wait on them a couple more days.

I want to fill out the league by Monday night at worst - and I won't be around for two days this weekend (Friday-Sunday afternoon). If I don't hear back from the above by Sunday when I get back from vacation then I'll open their spot. After the league does get filled I'll randomize the draft order except for Swede who will get the #1 pick thanks to winning the league last year.

LGD I don't wanna leave you hanging but I don't want to leave anyone out in the cold either. I'm pretty sure you'll get in eventually with the way things look though.

Edited by Hasan4978