Players that might actually be traded

Devils Pride 26

Who are the Devils player that have the most chance to be traded? This is not a thread to come and say stupid Єklund (2.3% accurate) (2.3% accurate) rumors and take them seriously.

I think the Devils most tradeble player is John Madden. He's a warrior, a shut down center, but he his getting older, his skills are declining and his contract is pretty high for what he does.

Thoughts?

for those reasons that you'd like to trade madden, are the same reasons the devs wouldnt get much back for him.

white is the player i wouldnt mind waving goodbye to... yes i know hes got a NMC

there is only one reason why white would be traded. he gets injured a lot

I think Cam may be a person of interest to other teams that we would get back a decent prospect in return. And where else but St. Louis, his hometown.

Letsee here, who can we get as compensation?? Stepniak maybe? :-)

I'd trade ANY Devil player not named Parise, Zajac or Langenbrunner as long as we got something(s) of value.

Right now though i'd trade Matvichuk, White, Brylin, Janssen, Madden, and Martin for sure! Time for some younger and/or more skilled guys to get playing time.

My 07/08 line up w/ roster players.... NOT ADDING THROUGH TRADES!

ELIAS ZUBRUS GIONTA

PARISE ZAJAC LANGENBRUNNER

PANDOLFO VIUHKOLA CLARKSON

CLARKE RUPP ASHAM

GREENE VISHNESKI

RACHUNEK MALMIVAARA

ODUYA FRASER

???????

:gd:

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF NATION!

In order for a player to be likely to be traded, he needs to be more valuable to another team than the devils, and also the devils need to be willing to part with him. Although the devils may be willing to part with madden, he has no real value and gets paid a ton.

The most likely players are Zajac, Martin, Matvichuk, and Langenbrunner since they could garner something of value back in a trade. Parise could too but I think Lou has big plans for him. Colin White if someone wants him maybe as well.

edit: gionta has value too, but i think he was hurt last year and lou doesn't want to trade him while his stock is low.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

No one.

This team does have have enough depth at any position to deal any one player. The Devils could theoretically deal two players for two players if they so chose, but no one player has trade value at this time. Either they are too valuable to be traded (Parise, Zajac), on too long a deal to be traded (White, Langebrunner), on too expensive a deal (Madden), or too good a deal (Gionta).

No one.

This team does have have enough depth at any position to deal any one player. The Devils could theoretically deal two players for two players if they so chose, but no one player has trade value at this time. Either they are too valuable to be traded (Parise, Zajac), on too long a deal to be traded (White, Langebrunner), on too expensive a deal (Madden), or too good a deal (Gionta).

No one.

No one.

No one. This team does have have enough depth at any position to deal any one player. The Devils could theoretically deal two players for two players if they so chose, but no one player has trade value at this time. Either they are too valuable to be traded (Parise, Zajac), on too long a deal to be traded (White, Langebrunner), on too expensive a deal (Madden), or too good a deal (Gionta).

Well, that pretty much be said about any team at any time. But teams still make trades.

Overpaid players are dealt, underpaid players are dealt. Good players are dealt, bad players are dealt. Happens all the time.

I don't think a trade will be coming before the season starts. I think Lou and Brent will see what the team we have brings to the table. And we do have SOME wiggle room with the cap, something we've not had before. For the first time since the cap we can trade players and TAKE IN salary. My guess is that sometime between Christmas and the deadline Lou will 'give away something that is over-full for something that needs to be filled". Or however that phrase goes.

If anything players that would be willing to be traded would be like Bobby Holik which would be worth a 3rd round pick and nothing more in my opinion. Nothing great out there i think to be traded. Matvi was great for us in the playoffs but i think unless we ultimatly get more han equal in return id keep him.