NJDevs' FHL Season #5 Thread

NJDevs4978

Well I randomized the draft order the old-fashioned way, by turning over 20 pieces of paper and this is what came up - after giving last year's champion Swede the #1 pick:

Helsinki Horrors (Swede) #1

Iselin Ice Cows (devilsfan26) #2

Sarge's Squad (Sarge18) #3

Centersessed (Derek21) #4

Dynamo Nation (redruM) #5

The Canadians (IAmCanadian27) #6

WolfPack (LGD) #7

Valeri Zelepukin FTW (Devils731) #8

halfshark (halfshark) #9

New Jersey Swamps (Hasan4978) #10

MantaRavens (MantaRay) #11

Vancouver Voodoo (Vinnie) #12

Darcy's Fax Machines (LOTCB) #13

Sworn Defenders (aylbert) #14

Mad fer it (NJayDevil) #15

bostondevils (bostondevil11) #16

HeShootsHeScores (devilsrule33) #17

eat a cookie (RD) #18

tsdevils (tsdevils82) #19

metalidevils (metalidevils) #20

So I guess I should come up with a new system considering Derek and IAC are drafting exactly where they were last year :lol: I'm probably in no-man's land with drafting in the middle each round but at least I won't have to wait too long for any one pick.

You can check out the settings on the league home page - or refer back to the first post of the original thread. Anyone that has any concerns over the league format speak now in this thread or forever hold your peace :P The draft will be next Thursday at 9 PM, I believe Yahoo! sends out an automatic reminder but I'll try and remind everyone via PM too the day before.

A new twist this year, as a couple of teams wanted to do this last year: If two teams want to trade their positions for the entire draft, agree to it up to 24 hours before the draft and I'll switch your positions - but Yahoo! has a snake draft, remember. If you draft last in odd-numbered rounds (metalidevils) you'll draft first in even-numbered rounds. Each position has its advantages and disadvantages.

Edited by Hasan4978

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we were playing for money it would be one thing, but since we're not it's basically the only reward you can get for winning. Technically he could have chosen to draft wherever he wanted but everyone's chosen having the top pick overall.

Plus since it's a snake draft it all evens out for the most part anyway, since he's getting the first pick he's also getting the 40th pick. Everyone gets two out of the first forty picks regardless. Really, draft position would be much more of a big deal if it was a linear draft (i.e. you pick the same spot every round).

If we were playing for money it would be one thing, but since we're not it's basically the only reward you can get for winning. Technically he could have chosen to draft wherever he wanted but everyone's chosen having the top pick overall.

Plus since it's a snake draft it all evens out for the most part anyway, since he's getting the first pick he's also getting the 40th pick. Everyone gets two out of the first forty picks regardless. Really, draft position would be much more of a big deal if it was a linear draft (i.e. you pick the same spot every round).

Well hopefully most everyone else can make it, less than an hour away now!

Today really is the start of the hockey season both with the draft here and the Devils opening camp :evil:

EDIT: Less than a half hour off now, but the draft room is open (from the league home page) if anyone wants to come in and talk smack :P Or just chat and look around :)

Edited by Hasan4978

Well how does everyone think they did? I'm glad with my draft for the most part though it was really a struggle trying to fill out my wing positions. It would have been even worse if PIM's weren't back :P At least I have Kozlov and Bouchard (should be eligible for RW), and Radulov should be good though. Anyone that actually has a LW to spare, I'll be willing to trade a D in the right deal. I wound up surprisingly stacked there.

I'm glad I wound up with the goalie I wanted though, after my struggles there the first part of last year. I haven't had much of a chance to look at other teams but I was stunned the big two goalies fell to #4-5. Some decent-good goalies lasted a lot longer than I thought, but I wasn't gonna wait around and hope someone I liked would be there later :lol:

Edited by Hasan4978