NJDevs' FHL Season #5 Thread

NJDevs4978

I usually don't trade one elite player for two very good ones. RWs and LWs are rare and Centers are easy to come by. Morrow's a solid fantasy winger, and Sakic is a good Center but Alfreddsson is a top ten skater. The trade will end up hurting your team because you are gonna lose elite production from one roster spot in exchange for decent production from two roster spots. Unless you have absolutly no depth (and since you say you would be loaded at Lw and C you sound like you have depth) I wouldn't do it.

As to the league being dead, I guess its because everyone has already accepted the fact that I'm gonna run away with it. Sorry I'm so good at fantasy hockey.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I usually don't trade one elite player for two very good ones. RWs and LWs are rare and Centers are easy to come by. Morrow's a solid fantasy winger, and Sakic is a good Center but Alfreddsson is a top ten skater. The trade will end up hurting your team because you are gonna lose elite production from one roster spot in exchange for decent production from two roster spots. Unless you have absolutly no depth (and since you say you would be loaded at Lw and C you sound like you have depth) I wouldn't do it.

As to the league being dead, I guess its because everyone has already accepted the fact that I'm gonna run away with it. Sorry I'm so good at fantasy hockey.

I just put up the archives of the first four Fantasy Hockey seasons on the league home page, you can access standings, rosters and draft results just by changing the year displayed above the standings (or hitting the 'All Time' link and picking a year).

interesting to see that the winner usually have between 240 and 270 points... this year there is only one team over 200, ah its still early

edit, braincramp :D... there are much fewer categories this year

Edited by Swede

I just put up the archives of the first four Fantasy Hockey seasons on the league home page, you can access standings, rosters and draft results just by changing the year displayed above the standings (or hitting the 'All Time' link and picking a year).

Ah, thanks Has allow me to relive the devestation of losing in the last 4 days of the season 2 years ago. Then again my best placing so far.

But anyway i think part of the lack of activity is due to the lack of any depth from waivers. So people may try a trade to get better, but there arent many options for team improvement. Though i havent looked at the other teams roster activity lately. Hopefully some others will pick it up some, as it really does effect the rest of the league.

*sigh* 2003...so close to a championship. My one and only good year in playing so far. :evilcry:

It was a tough decision for me to make since Henrik has played so well but I worry that he hasn't had a whole good season yet and he has struggled for almost all of December. I guess I just felt more comfortable with Marty's consistency going forward but it wouldn't surprise me if Henrik has a better rest of the year compared to Marty. I don't expect that to be the case though. :D

For my team, at the end of the day, it doesn't matter since my 2 best offensive players were hurt most of the year and one isn't coming back most likely. :angry:

• 3 weeks later...

That's why I usually hate lateral trades, they can really bite you in the ass...although I have to say I'm amused that Brodeur's been traded twice and both times it's killed the team trading him.

My team would be pretty good if I didn't STILL have 25% of my roster on IR :rolleyes: I wonder who if anyone will be the obstacle for Swede as he goes for back-to-back glory, he's led by an arm's length for about a couple months now.

Edited by Hasan4978

The Sworn Defenders have traded Alexander Ovechkin and Johan Holmqvist for Mats Sundin and Ryan Miller.

Sworn Defenders, leading the leauge in goals scored, trade from their position of strength to significantly improve their goaltending hodge podge and massively improve their faceoff totals (17th out of 20).