NFL Season Preview

CRASHER

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Giants are definitely worse this year - I love Jacobs but the Giants are probably going to use Droughns too much even though he is garbage.

You know Coughlin's going to lose a game all by himself either with blown challenges, poor use of timeouts, poor decisions to not go for in on 4th down, and bad field goal attempts.

You know the kicking game is going to lose a game by itself - Lawrence Tynes is a joke.

Giants are a 7-9 team. Tiki was cancerous, but when you have 5 other guys just like him on the roster it doesn't help.

The Giants are not waiving the fines for Strahan. He is getting a reduced fine.

Coming from the person who posted this:

The Niners could really go either way...at best I have them at 11-5, and at worst 8-8.

it would seem that you really aren't a good judge of NFL teams.

Edited by TrentonDevils

Heres a list of FA acquisitions that were better than Kevin Curtis:

Adalius Thomas

Willis McGahee

Nate Clements

Jeff Garcia

Ahman Green

Reuben Droughns

Jamal Lewis

Tatum Bell

Thomas Jones

Maybe even Stallworth....but Ill give you that one, Curtis was a better pick up than Stallworth.

But there are 9 players who are CLEARLY better acquisitions than Kevin Curtis

Oh, and yes the Niners WILL finish somewhere between 8-8 and 11-5. Write it down.

so, how bout you just

shutup_bitch.gif

RAVENS: the sky could be the limit for an aging team trying for one last hurrah.

How very true, we would have been the Super Bowl champions if our "offensive genius" would have lived up to his rep. I mean, MantaRay Lewis and the Ryan crew clamped down and stopped Indy COLD. Vinatri earned his paycheck that game.

Billick blew that game and our season.

This year, even with the loss of Thomas, MaGhee will run wild behind Ogden.

Edited by MantaRay

RAVENS: the sky could be the limit for an aging team trying for one last hurrah.

How very true, we would have been the Super Bowl champions if our "offensive genius" would have lived up to his rep. I mean, MantaRay Lewis and the Ryan crew clamped down and stopped Indy COLD. Vinatri earned his paycheck that game.

Another internet tough guy post by TD. Well done, my child.

If you really think that Jeff Garcia is a top FA pickup, it simply means you don't watch football with anything other than a copy of the USA today in your hand. Curtis' is perfect for the eagles.

Jamaal Lewis?- plays for the Browns now, nuff said. He'll be running for the same team that allowed Reuben to rush for an earth shattering 700 yards last year.

Thomas Jones- A good pick up for the Jets.

Willis McGahee- We'll see if he can stay healthy.

Ahman Green- You amaze me with your continued willingness to showcase your ignorance. a 30yr old rb going to the Texans?

Reuben Droughens- He is the #2 back on a team with a makeshift o-line. Good pick TD!

Tatum Bell- Another winner by TD! Another back from Denver destined to mediocrity elsewhere. At least he is going to a good team. Whoa, hold it he is on the Lions? Ha Ha Ha.

Nate Clements- You already posted earlier that he is overrated. hmmmm

Adalius Thomas - I'll give you a cookie on this one.

So out of your list I'll acknowledge Thomas, Jones and McGahee. McGahee goes to a running team so IMO is the the strongest of the lot if he stays healthy.

Perhaps I could search the web and come up with a picture for you. Hmmm. lets see what is the most appropriate picture for you. Lots of ideas but, nah. I don't need to do that. I am older than 13.

Edited by devilsadvoc8

Another internet tough guy post by TD. Well done, my child.

If you really think that Jeff Garcia is a top FA pickup, it simply means you don't watch football with anything other than a copy of the USA today in your hand. Curtis' is perfect for the eagles.

Jamaal Lewis?- plays for the Browns now, nuff said. He'll be running for the same team that allowed Reuben to rush for an earth shattering 700 yards last year.

Thomas Jones- A good pick up for the Jets.

Willis McGahee- We'll see if he can stay healthy.

Ahman Green- You amaze me with your continued willingness to showcase your ignorance. a 30yr old rb going to the Texans?

Reuben Droughens- He is the #2 back on a team with a makeshift o-line. Good pick TD!

Tatum Bell- Another winner by TD! Another back from Denver destined to mediocrity elsewhere. At least he is going to a good team. Whoa, hold it he is on the Lions? Ha Ha Ha.

Nate Clements- You already posted earlier that he is overrated. hmmmm

Adalius Thomas - I'll give you a cookie on this one.

So out of your list I'll acknowledge Thomas, Jones and perhaps McGahee. McGahee goes to a running team so IMO is the the strongest of the lot.

Perhaps I could search the web and come up with a picture for you. Hmmm. lets see what is the most appropriate picture for you. Lots of ideas but, nah. I don't need to do that. I am older than 13.

Edited by TrentonDevils

Here's something you asked for (found in 10 seconds) that indicates that Curtis will be a good pickup. I am disappointed that I didn't get another graphic from from you or some more name calling. Is your mom looking over your shoulder while she makes you a PB&J? Oh, and what does Kevin Curtis being "white" have anything to do with it? Can I add racism to this list of adjectives that describe you?

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2800006

Just some excerpts for you. Oh and the article is co-authored by John Clayton.

"The Eagles beat out the Minnesota Vikings and two other teams for the chance to land the heavily-coveted Curtis, who will be guaranteed $9.5 million in the deal."

"The addition of Curtis is a coup for the Eagles and team president Joe Banner, not just because of the intense competition for his services, but also because he figures to be such a good fit with the team's young corps of receivers. "

Sure the article rates him at 23 but my point echoes the article in that Curtis will fit very nicely with the Eagles and will surprise many. We'll see. Carry on TD, I eagerly await your response. I can wait until after you finish your homework.

Here is another that ranks him in the top 25, you may know the publication, sports illustrated? its the one that has that swimsuit issue you so eagerly await each year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi...content.13.html

Edited by devilsadvoc8

Here's something you asked for (found in 10 seconds) that indicates that Curtis will be a good pickup. I am disappointed that I didn't get another graphic from from you or some more name calling. Is your mom looking over your shoulder while she makes you a PB&J? Oh, and what does Kevin Curtis being "white" have anything to do with it? Can I add racism to this list of adjectives that describe you?

Link:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2800006

Just some excerpts for you. Oh and the article is co-authored by John Clayton.

"The Eagles beat out the Minnesota Vikings and two other teams for the chance to land the heavily-coveted Curtis, who will be guaranteed $9.5 million in the deal."

"The addition of Curtis is a coup for the Eagles and team president Joe Banner, not just because of the intense competition for his services, but also because he figures to be such a good fit with the team's young corps of receivers. "

Sure the article rates him at 23 but my point echoes the article in that Curtis will fit very nicely with the Eagles and will surprise many. We'll see. Carry on TD, I eagerly await your response. I can wait until after you finish your homework.

Here is another that ranks him in the top 25, you may know the publication, sports illustrated? its the one that has that swimsuit issue you so eagerly await each year.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedi...content.13.html

I'm relatively new at this posting on this site, and i'm probably not in any position to make such an aquisition, but TrentonDevils, to me, seems to be the most frustrating annoying and stuck up person on this entire board. It honestly seems like every single one of his posts are for the sole porpose of pissing other people off. You honestly sound as stuck up as a... rangers fan....

If Crasher had said that the 49ers were going to win the division and Frank Gore is going to be the best back in the league, you would have said "This is the best analysis i have ever heard", instead you throw a pissy and annoying shot at him for making some damn good predictions.

Now again with my limited time and experience on this site i am in no position to be saying this, but I am basing it n what I've seen the last couple weeks... and frankly it annoyed me so i decided to share my 2 cents....

Anyway i can't wait for sunday either.. hopefully Wade can direct this cowboys team to where it should be...

Carry on...

Heres a list of FA acquisitions that were better than Kevin Curtis:

Adalius Thomas

Willis McGahee

Nate Clements

Jeff Garcia

Ahman Green

Reuben Droughns

Jamal Lewis

Tatum Bell

Thomas Jones

Maybe even Stallworth....but Ill give you that one, Curtis was a better pick up than Stallworth.

But there are 9 players who are CLEARLY better acquisitions than Kevin Curtis

Oh, and yes the Niners WILL finish somewhere between 8-8 and 11-5. Write it down.

so, how bout you just

Jeff Garcia?Ahman Green?Reuben Droughns?Bell?Lewis?

Those are ....Mediocre FA Signings, Thomas Jones wasn't even a free agent, same goes for Willis McGahee..

And IMO Clements got wayyyy wayy too overpaid.

Curtis along with Adalius Thomas were the best Free Agent guys.

SHHHSHHH...That's biased.

Wasn't you who was saying the Niners would won the Superbowl, and Alex Smith=MVP?

DANRG!

Go find a SINGLE piece of media, written by anyone with a shred of NFL knowledge, indicating that Kevin Curtis is a top free agent pick up, and then show it to me.

All of the guys I listed are better acquisitions than Kevin Curtis. And I posted a picture to display for you, visually, what I did to you verbally.

Nate Clements is overrated for the money he gets. Hes a top tier corner.

Tatum Bell, while destined for mediocrity, is better than Kevin (im a white wide receiver that has 12 career tds) Curtis.

And how good the team a FA goes to has nothing to do with whether it was a good move or not., by that logic the Browns picking up LT would be a 'bad move'.... I know youre trying desperately to somehow turn this around and make it look like IM the one who doesnt know what the hell hes talking about, but lets not forget that you said Kevin Curtis was the best FA move this year.

Youre so wrong its not funny, oh wait, it kind of is a little funny.

Let me state this again: 12 CAREER TOUCHDOWNS.

Ok that was slightly to moderately incoherent. But a)joking about Niners and A.. Smith OBVIOUSLY, and b) Kevin Curtis is not even in the top 20 FA signed.

So...The names you provided are better signing than Kevin Curtis, So...

Reuben Droughs wasn't even a Free Agent he got traded by the Browns to the Giants(I Forgot about that)

Thomas Jones wasn't even a Free Agent he got traded by the bears to the Jets(2nd Round pick..)

Willis McGahee got traded by the Bills to the Ravens for future picks(In 08-09...2-3-4rth round picks..)

And make me a damn list, Who free Agents were better than Curtis.

So far..The list you provided, only 1Free Agent was a better signing than Curtis: Adalius Thomas.

?

As I stated earlier IMO Curtis will be the pick up of the year. He is certainly on the radar screen as being one of the top ones in this year's crop (the two sources had him listed as 13 and 23). He is a great fit for the team he went to. He is very highly ranked at a football stats site (football outsiders) and should excel in the eagles WCO.

TD can continue to make Ad hominem attacks and post pictures all he wants. As others have noticed he is nothing more than an internet tough guy who makes big claims and statements and then never responds with CONTENT to responses. If TD actually looked at the links I provided, Curtis was ranked 13 on the SI list not 25. Insults and snide comments are his game.

As crasher said this is about getting fired up about football, not insults and silly schoolage pictures posted by racists.

Edited by devilsadvoc8