The College Football Thread

LOTCB

I am not arguing what is "more popular" (although the next time an NFL game has an attendance north of 100,000 let me know) I am arguing which is better. College is so much better than the NFL it is not even funny. You really don't want to bring up competitive games. I mean Sunday afternoon I got to see New England 38 Jets 14 and Minnesota 24 Atlanta 3. Not to mention the NFL's showcase Thursday game that featured a nailbiting 31 point victory by the Colts. Is McDonalds more popular than say Shake Shack? Sure. But there is no contest on who makes a better burger.
Edited by TrentonDevils

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love when people argue moronic points to the death....

So here are some rebuttals for your ridiculous argument that college football is better than the most popular sport in America, the National Football League

-First of all name one NFL stadium that has a capacity of 100,000....what would posess you to think that was a good point?

Edited by PeteyNice

I don't see why you have to belittle other posters making them feel like crap. When did that become cool exactly?

So because someone gives an opinion that doesn't match up with yours, they don't know what they're talking about and are a moron? Come on. It's a message board. There are bound to be differing opinions on a plethora of topics. Wishing bad stuff on people is nonsense even though I'm pretty sure it wasn't meant that way. He probably just touched off a nerve and you panicked and made a dumb remark which I see was deleted. It looks even worse though cause you were quoted.

You want to gain respect here? Show some class and take others' criticism well instead of coming back with immature cheapshots which make you look even more childish.

Okay. I'm not going to say anymore about this because it's a waste of space.

As for my opinion on what's better? I think both college and the NFL have their appeal. I guess it depends on what floats your boat. Some people live for NFL Sundays while others like my friend John get all amped up for college Saturdays.

College football has their share of blowouts much like the NFL even in games which are hyped like the LSU/Va Tech game. How did that turn out?

The NFL sometimes has that too. Who had the Pats devouring the Jets? They had to cheat to do it.

If you love more high profile match-ups, I guess I'd say college because sometimes you'll get those big games between two top 20 schools which decide so much in terms of the BCS.

Not that the NFL doesn't have that. There are games that you want to see like next week's Pats-Chargers clash.

It depends what you enjoy better. College has a lot more games to choose from. You might be impacted depending on who you root for. As a Canes' fan, it's kind of tougher to get into it when they're not even in the Top 25 and got their asses handed to them by Oklahoma who btw looks legit. But I'll still try to catch some of the big games.

NFL, you now have three days to watch which is a little over the top. But if the game is good, cool.

Anyway, I think I've said enough here. It's just nice to be able to watch a game and enjoy it unless it's the Giants blowing what should've been a big win because they didn't go to tackle school.

See ya all later.

I don't see why you have to belittle other posters making them feel like crap. When did that become cool exactly?

So because someone gives an opinion that doesn't match up with yours, they don't know what they're talking about and are a moron? Come on. It's a message board. There are bound to be differing opinions on a plethora of topics.

....Its TD, I don't know actually what he wrote, since I ignored him.

Some good matchups today...

USC at Nebraska is a big time matchup...will USC be rusty?

Tennessee at Florida...always an interesting matchup...

Alabama vs Arkansas...

Michigan vs Notre Dame, will be worth some laughs!

and of course the gritty Norfolk State Spartans come in with all their mega-talent to play at Rutgers :rolleyes:

Edited by LOTCB

Alabama vs Arkansas...

and of course the gritty Norfolk State Spartans come in with all their mega-talent to play at Rutgers :rolleyes:

Alabama vs Arkansas...

Edited by TravisZajac

:doh1: I didn't even get back to the original post. TrentonDevil just doesn't read posts too deeply. We're all guilty of it it's just that most of us are a little more diplomatic in our responses so we don't look quite as childish when we misspeak.

I have no idea what the dude gleened but I am a Michigan fan -- always have been always will be - I was born in Michigan -- true Detroit - only my sister was born in Ann Arbor - most of my extended family went there, Parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, grandparents. So using TrentonDevils own logic anything I say about them is right because I know -- anyone who thinks I dont is just plain stupid and uninformed -- END OF STORY.

*edit *

Oh I went back to read some NJay posts and saw what trenton wrote. No big deal there -- he said nothing (as usual) He didn't understand anything I wrote, nor the spirit in which it was written - thanks for trying to help him get it but -- it's pretty pointless :evil:

Edited by Pepperkorn

They ARE ranked 11.

Next week is going to suck. No RU game and ... who's Michigan playing again? :unsure:

:argh:

Sooooo glad I'm going to the inlaws house. My parents and Aunt and Uncle an... well.. just the last few years it's like we all watch the Michigan games on teleconference. Cup finals are getting just as bad too - but they're all Wangs fans... and I like dirty cheapshot artists <_<

nailbiting.gif

just nervous

vomito.gif

this is my classic vomitting nervous smilie

lalala.gif

oh wait -- that's me after the game...

Seriously -- I'd be shocked if it wasn't a laugher. Penn stunk last year so they won't take Michigan lightly. Michigan's only hope is people under-estimating them this year. I just dont see that happening -- except to Ohio State :evil: I don't even expect the little brown jug this year <_<

Edited by Pepperkorn

nailbiting.gif

just nervous

vomito.gif

this is my classic vomitting nervous smilie

lalala.gif

oh wait -- that's me after the game...

Seriously -- I'd be shocked if it wasn't a laugher. Penn stunk last year so they won't take Michigan lightly. Michigan's only hope is people under-estimating them this year. I just dont see that happening -- except to Ohio State :evil: I don't even expect the little brown jug this year <_<

Stunk last year? They were 9-4! They lost to Ohio State, who was in the championship game, Michigan, Wisconsin, and Notre Dame - all top 25 teams. And they beat a higher-ranked Tennessee in the bowl game.

They haven't stunk since 2004.