The College Football Thread

LOTCB

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The 4th best team in the history of college football, the Penn State Nittany Lions, were dormant for a few years, but they are back and back big. That bone crushing, ass pounding defense that staples this tradition, is back and just as good as ever. And it's going to stay like that for years and years to come.

We have the best stadium and the best crowd in the country to keep this train going strong. A BCS bid wouldn't be lost if there's a loss this Saturday (with Wisc and the fvckeyes rolling into State College instead of playing them on the road). But I want to finally beat those Michigan fvcks and end this stupid skid. I want back that 2005 win that Lloyd Carr and his whining stole from us.

The 4th best team in the history of college football, the Penn State Nittany Lions, were dormant for a few years, but they are back and back big. That bone crushing, ass pounding defense that staples this tradition, is back and just as good as ever. And it's going to stay like that for years and years to come.

We have the best stadium and the best crowd in the country to keep this train going strong. A BCS bid wouldn't be lost if there's a loss this Saturday (with Wisc and the fvckeyes rolling into State College instead of playing them on the road). But I want to finally beat those Michigan fvcks and end this stupid skid. I want back that 2005 win that Lloyd Carr and his whining stole from us.

I hear ya man!! You guys just keep playing teams like buffalo and you will get there!!Hey btw, has anybody besides me ever noticed that buffalo wings taste like chicken??Whats that all about?

Edited by Guest

I have noticed that, & I have yet to see a buffalo with it's wings still attached. The have gotta be on the endangered list by now at the rate they're eaten. I'd have thought I'd have seen a herd or two by now over the course of my worldly travels.

But I want to finally beat those Michigan fvcks and end this stupid skid. I want back that 2005 win that Lloyd Carr and his whining stole from us.

I see a Hart ass whoopin in your near future.

As a fellow PSU fan, I am going forward with cautious optimism...reason? The Quarterback. Morelli flat out scares me, especially on the road....look a the ND game...granted, State won 31-10...but in the 1st half of that game..Morelli was keeping ND around...

As a fellow PSU fan, I am going forward with cautious optimism...reason? The Quarterback. Morelli flat out scares me, especially on the road....look a the ND game...granted, State won 31-10...but in the 1st half of that game..Morelli was keeping ND around...

On a related note, is Henne going to be back for this game?

On a related note, is Henne going to be back for this game?

I think we may see both in this game, but I hope Henne sits it out again and we get to see the future QB work against a quality Defense. May as well see what we have going for us next year.

That, and frankly, I think Mullet may give us a better shot than the hangin Chad.

I'm very pleased there is an important Wolverine game on with Rutgers on the bye.

Not from Michigan. North Jersey born and raised. TYVM. :evil:

Yeah, I agree with yer mom and dad last year. I was disappointed that Ruitgers and Michigan did not meet for the championship last year. I could not see how Big Blue lost a single game last year. And I was greatly perplexed and disappointed with Chads performance at times.

No, the season is not a goner, we could still win the Big Ten. All we have is two out of cenference losses. The season ain't over yet, but I think Chad stunk it up the first two weeks. He needs to come into a game at 100% and needs to be confident, or feel the team is leaning on him for the win.

On a side note, there is word that he may play Henne news

I think there is an advantage to having Mullet in there, the rest of the team will try all the more to "compensate" for the freshman and overachieve. I hate to admit it, but this is gonna be a dogfight for this win. Our D is gonna need to step up and dominate like they did last week, and we don't need our QB throwing the game away.

And yes, If Lloyd has any more setbacks this year, I think he is in bookoo trouble. Not fired, but he may just step down after a season with anymore setbacks than this one already has (like losing to PSU or not winning the jug)

I feel your concern, but my main concern falls on the other staple of the Penn State tradition, running back. Austin Scott has just flat out lost it. It could be rust or it could be a lack of confidence, I just don't know. Kinlaw is a great replacement, but I hope other defenses don't pickup on his tendencies and learn how to defend it. Royster is the future of the back field, he's sick.

Morelli has been on since the Outback Bowl. That INT vs. ND was a very lazy pass, but most of his other passes have been solid. The trend for the offense so far has been shaky in the first half, but lights out in the 2nd half. I don't know why that is, but it is what it is. Morelli has the ability to take this team. With Quarless, Williams, Norwood and Butler as targets, the offense should be real solid the entire year.

I feel your concern, but my main concern falls on the other staple of the Penn State tradition, running back. Austin Scott has just flat out lost it. It could be rust or it could be a lack of confidence, I just don't know. Kinlaw is a great replacement, but I hope other defenses don't pickup on his tendencies and learn how to defend it. Royster is the future of the back field, he's sick.

Morelli has been on since the Outback Bowl. That INT vs. ND was a very lazy pass, but most of his other passes have been solid. The trend for the offense so far has been shaky in the first half, but lights out in the 2nd half. I don't know why that is, but it is what it is. Morelli has the ability to take this team. With Quarless, Williams, Norwood and Butler as targets, the offense should be real solid the entire year.

You are SO right about Scott...he has been very disappointing thus far...lets hope the Michigan game gets him riled up to have a big game....and Royster, man I cannot wait to see what that kid is capable of doing...

I just hope State survives tomorrow...defense needs to be huge, just win baby, get through this and Penn State is setup to have a 2005-type season, hopefully minus the $crewjob Penn State got in that Michigan game in 2005

Syracuse is up 21-7 AT Louisville at the Half? Man what happened to the Cardinal? The Orangemen are PITIFUL!

Two BAD losses in a row for "powerhouse" Louisville... again it doesn't look good for the Big East in establishing itself as a big conference with crap losses like this