Training Camp Preview : ESPN

njskaguy33

Thought I would share this everybody...good off season reading from ESPN's worst hockey writer...he always says something that annoys me! I just copy/pasted the Devils blurb but he goes through the whole conference.

Training camp preview: Eastern Conference

Atlantic Division

New Jersey Devils: For the third straight post-lockout season, critics will be busily predicting the demise of the Devils. And, as the Devils continue to hemorrhage cornerstone players, why not? This summer saw the departure of veteran puck-moving defenseman Brian Rafalski and slick center Scott Gomez. Yet GM and master of the Devils' domain Lou Lamoriello always finds ways to plug holes -- no matter how gaping. So, into the breach come Vitaly Vishnevski and Dainius Zubrus, not to mention highly coveted coach Brent Sutter. But, at some point, the toll of losing players such as Gomez, Rafalski, Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer since the lockout is going to catch up to the Devils. Well, isn't it?

Dearly departed: Brian Rafalski, Scott Gomez, Brad Lukowich.

Joyously welcomed: Dainius Zubrus, Vitaly Vishnevski, Arron Asham, Kevin Weekes, Karel Rachunek, Brent Sutter (coach).

Burning questions

And, as the Devils continue to hemorrhage cornerstone players, why not?
But, at some point, the toll of losing players such as Gomez, Rafalski, Scott Stevens and Scott Niedermayer since the lockout is going to catch up to the Devils. Well, isn't it?

Hi, I'm Scott Burnside, I really hope these statements are true as I'm the guy who keeps saying the Devils are going to fall off a cliff and I'm the guy who keeps being wrong. This year I've decided to hedge my statements so I can be right either way. Thank you.

Hi, I'm Scott Burnside, I really hope these statements are true as I'm the guy who keeps saying the Devils are going to fall off a cliff and I'm the guy who keeps being wrong. This year I've decided to hedge my statements so I can be right either way. Thank you.

:rofl:

Well said...well said....

That about sums it up!

Lou is dating Britney Spears?
Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Flyers still suck. Their defense is slow and their goaltending remains inconsistency (remember that "king of inconsistent" Cechmanek held the NO.1 the longest since 2000). See the idea??? Flyers suck. Forsberg cannot do and I don't think Briere will be that much different.

Isles suck. Yeah, for sure.

Pens suck. Malkin slows down in the latter half. Recchi and Roberts??? two old machines!!! So, that means only Crosby and Staal are two legitimate scoring threats. Yes, they are still a good team but I don't think they are an excellent team, especially the team defense is underachieving.

Rags suck. Their defense suck and I guarantee Gomez will be the next McCabe (good on O, bad on D)