Cop Caught on Video

Nature's Minister

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow that was horrible. Complete abuse of power. That kid was smart and knew his rights, I give him credit because cops always try to trick people into admitting to stuff they aren't doing.

I remember when I used to believe cops were out there to protect us, but after seeing things like this, and going through a family dispute where I was assaulted by a family member and the cops took my attackers words over mine, and then proceeded to fvck me over by believing my mom saying I was crazy which made me go away (don't want to get into too much detail except for the fact that I am in the process of getting restraining orders against my family and getting my record expunged). I can't stand cops now, especially when I have seen cops after my incident who bad mouth me in public and try to intimidate me. Sure there are some good cops who genuinely care about society, but whenever I see a cop, my first thought is God, please let this guy leave me be so I can live my life.

I'm sorry if I come across strong by anyone who is a cop or has one in their family or friends. I do respect cops who try to do good, but the bottom line is there are a whole bunch out there that seem to be against us.

Commuter lot, I'm assuming for a university. Could have been picking up someone who was staying late, or dropping off a package at a dorm, or any number of valid reasons.

I've had to stay on campus well past midnight doing research or a group project before. By the time you get out of the library / dorm study / dorm room / whatever, the campus is pretty barren, especially the commuter district.

Edited by Nature's Minister

Amazing that lightning struck 3 times for this kid. Of course he does immediately give attitudes in both these videos...which is weird why he has video going to begin with. Does he just video himself driving whenever he gets in his car?

I don't know, just seems strange to me. Like Sammy was asking, this parking lot appears to be off a highway, in the middle of the night, and the kid parks in the middle of it. That does seem like weird behavior to me and a cop going to ask what he is doing doesn't seem too crazy but the kid can't handle that and then the cop goes overboard. The cop isn't right but the kid isn't helping.

Edited by Devils731

I doubt the cop was in on it, but the kid definitely was pulling the "I know my rights I've seen ACLU videos" crap to deliberately antagonize him. It's quite possible he was trolling for police to videotape overreacting in such a manner.

That being said, he did know his rights, and nothing he said was deserving of such a response. Just because he was, possibly, looking for such an encounter doesn't make it any less disturbing or shocking when he does record it.

What did he say to warrant an officer fabricating charges? You could be the meanest, most snot-nosed kid on the planet and it still would not justify an officer making up sh!t to have you sent to prison.

If I tell a cop to fvck off, does that mean he has free reign to plant heroin on me?

Did the officer do that? I'm pretty sure he said he could but didn't. I also doubt it was an idle threat, I bet there is almost always some minor violation that can end you up in jail for the night. The kid did swerve around when making his initial turn almost hitting the cop, that could be suspicious enough right there.

If I tell a cop to fvck off, does that mean he has free reign to plant heroin on me?

Wow, talk about inventing stuff to try and argue a false point. Hey, let me ask one, if I just murdered someone do I have the right to ignore the police if they come to arrest me?

Edited by Devils731

There was a part where, I believe, he was writing a ticket for failure to use a turn signal. If you watch the opening of the video, you can clearly see that the turn signal was, in fact, engaged when he made the turn.

There were also the threats of further acts against the boy.

Not to mention that the only reason it wasn't escalated further was because of the presence of the video camera in the back. It's likely he would have ended up in jail otherwise.

What I am saying is that I'm not shocked when someone actively goes out and tries to find trouble and all of a sudden there is trouble.

You said you weren't disturbed by a cop resorting to such measures in the face of minor antagonization. How am I supposed to interpret that statement?

He didn't do that and I didn't say that. How many times do you have to keep saying he did? How many times do you have to change what I say or what has been said to try and make a point? The cop threatened the kid because he was being evasive and not cooperating. If the kid hadn't been a JO I bet there are no problems.

Edited by Devils731

It's the nature of the trouble that's so troublesome.

It's not so shocking when you flash gang symbols during a turf war and you get shot. It is shocking when you ask, "Did I do something wrong?" and a cop is threatening to bring you to jail on trumped up charges.

The fact that he even THREATENED to do it should be grounds for a dismissal from the force. It's not something to even joke around about.

Edit:

Part of the job description of being a police officer is working with the public in some capacity. To fly off the handle at someone who is innocent, even if he is being a jerk, is completely unacceptable.

But he could bring the kid in, I'm betting, just for the erratic driving he showed pulling into the lot. The kid was putting up a lot of red flags.

So you can't admit in any way that the kid was trying to make something like this happen? When it isn't the first time it's happened to him that he just happens to be recording?

I did admit he was probably trying to make it happen. All the way up at post #7.

It doesn't change that the cop was completely unreasonable, unethical and juvenile in his handling of the situation, and if the kid didn't have a camera with a secure feed, the situation would have likely been escalated even further. If he had exercised best judgment and decided the kid should have been arrested based on his erratic driving, that is one thing. But to yell, scream, and threaten to (illegally) ruin his life is quite another. He doesn't deserve to be a police officer.

I already said the cop didn't act properly but stuff like that is going to happen when you're purposefully being a jerk to anybody, be they cops, waiters, teachers, etc... so it doesn't shock me.

BTW, we still didn't determine if he was going to "illegally ruin the kids life" so to say that is to again try and throw up something false to support yourself.

Edited by Devils731

You do understand that to state that he could arrest that kid is reasonable if true, which is probably was since you saw him almost hit the cop and then partially drive off the road.

Edit: And just to say again, i don't think the cop acted properly, but to give the kid all the benefit of the doubt and then to give the cop none isn't fair. Just trying to provoke the cop and purposefully pulling him off the speed trap is probably enough to get him thrown in jail.

Edited by Devils731

Absolutely, and if he had done that, there'd be no issue. But at 2:20, he says that if the kid talks back again, he'll say he resisted arrest. A little later on, he says that he's writing him a ticket for failure to use turn signal when he obviously did. Several times he mentions taking him to jail for "some fvcking reason that [he comes] up with."

At 5:06, he talks about, "never taking it out on a cop," because the cop will, "ruin your career and your life."

As long as that reason to arrest the kid is a valid one, which I think I've already come up with a few that he could have used, then the officer isn't stating anything false. It's a warning he is giving the kid for not cooperating and while not being very couth it doesn't make it illegal.

As for the turn signal perhaps the office has trouble seeing it or just missed it? Remember, we got to see it all on video tape, not real time. Also, we don't know his turn signal hasn't burned out, we're making the assumption it isn't but it doesn't have to be.

Edit: You dont have to argue with me that the cop was over the top, I've said he was, but I think I can see the kid being a prick and wanting this to happen is what starts all this. If the kid doesn't want this to happen it doesn't happen.

Edited by Devils731