• Clarkson
    • Pelley
    • Viuhkola
    • Bergfors
    • Tallackson
    • Vrana
    • Fraser

NJ Fans,

With 9 Forwards who are absolute locks (Elias, Zubrus, Gionta, Parise, Zajac, Langs, Pando, Madden, Brylin), and 7 Defensemen (Martin, White, Visnevsky, Rachunek, Matvichuk, Greene, Oduya)...

Who will the other 5 roster slots go to (3 F's needed, and 2 Scratch players, F or D)?

I've listed the popular prospects and guys who have signed contracts.

Select 5 (3 Forward's Minimum).

This is my first attempt at a poll, so hopefully this is done correctly. If not, I apologize. If it is done incorrectly, maybe someone else can fix it or re-list the topic.

Thanks!

Edited by bekim

The guys that interest me the most are Clarkson and Viuhkola. It will be fun to see how Clarkson performs over an entire season (assuming he makes the cut). However, with the top 2 lines likely set, Clarkson will probably be relegated to 3rd and 4th line duty with possible time on the 1st or 2nd PP unit.

So I wouldn't expect him to have as good a campaign as say, Zajac, but it might not be out of the question to expect 30 points (maybe even 15-20 goals).

Viuhkola is the wild card, for my money, who I guess signed a deal with NJ in hopes of making the big club (not the minors). If he is as talented as some people say, he could really provide a nice 4th line center option, with a potential to play center on any line (if needed or given the chance). I'd much rather see this guy at center than Mike Rupp, who is better as a winger.

A line like Clarkson-Viuhkola-Asham would be a nice skilled/hard hitting 4th line that would be able to play more than 3 minutes a game.

But I don't know what his chances are. If Marshall doesn't make the cut, I'd say very good. If Marhsall does make it, maybe not so good. IMO, Janseen, Rupp, Asham are all near-locks, with Clarkson, Marshall, and Viuhkola on the bubble. Most people feel Clarkson will make it, which leaves only one slot for those last 2 guys.

When is hockey going to start already!!

My selection is easy for me. Rupp, Janssen Asham will definatly be on the club. I believe Clarksonn would make the final cut. Hes definatly worthy of playing on the team. I dont think past those 4 anyone is a clear cut but Viuhkola is the best choice i believe, if not its Pelley.

Rupp- Yes, he should have some linemates that can finally create some offense.

Janssen Yes, he brings energy that no one else can bring.

Asham- Yes we had just signed him and I think he is very underated will fit great on the 4th or sometims 3rd

Marshall- No, too old, just isnt good enough. Great leadership for Lowell

Clarkson- Yes, hits hard and I think he will surprise and score quite a few goals

Pelley- No needs some more time, will replace Madden in a few years

Viuhkola- Yes, it should be interesting with him. 3rd, 4th line player who is unkown to the rest of the league

Bergfors - No not ready yet, hopefully next season

Tallackson- No hes been givin chances a few times and never did anything that stands out

Vrana - No dont know much about him

Fraser- No keep him in Lowell

I'm pretty sure i just read that Asham, Pelley and Clarkson are almost certain as that's why Dowd and Ras weren't given contracts. (NorthJersey.com i believe)

So that leaves Rupp and Viuhkola. Viuhkola didn't sign a contract to play in the minors here when he could of stayed in the finnish elite league or whatever they call it!

IMO, it should be Asham, Clarkson, Rupp, Viuhkola and Fraser!

:gd:

DEVILS FAN FOR LIFE, DEATH TO LEAF NATION!

Edited by Devil in Leaf Nation

I selected Rupp, Asham, Janssen, Viukohla, and Clarkson, but I would love to see Sutter make a surprising move towards a younger guy with more potential.

We don't know how Sutter thinks just yet, but we do know he works well with young players...

My ideal scenario...

1. Start the year with the five listed above... Asham with Madden/Pando, giving us a more offensively talented fourth line of Viukohla, Brylin and Clarkson with Rupp and Janssen as extras...

2. Pelley will get some time up with NJ in which case we send Janssen down to Lowell to get playing time and possibly learn how to score (yeah right)

3. If Bergfors impresses in camp and decides to stay in the US instead of go back to Sweden...

- By the end of the year we could see him playing with Madden/Pando if he continues to play well on both sides of the puck in Lowell

- Or if he really explodes this year, wouldn't be surprised if Sutter put him on 2nd line RW and brought back the Madden/Pando/Langs checking line

Edited by empulse27