NJ Transit info for Pru Center

skeeter

Thanks for the info, that's helpful :)

Coming from Long Island, I'll have to take the LIRR to Penn Station in Manhattan. From there, I'm assuming (not really sure) that I'll have to take the NJ Transit to Newark Penn Station. Good to know I won't have much walking to do on top of all that!!

I believe the North Jersey Coast Line, Northeast Corridor Line and (possibly, don't quote me on it) Raritan Valley lines all go through Newark Penn from New York Penn. It's definately easy once your in NY Penn, about 20 minutes via train from there.

I'm interested in this talk of an enclosed walking area (at least that's what it seems like everyone's talking about here, I could be wrong)...I always assumed we'd have to leave Newark Penn and walk three blocks...am I right in assuming that this Gateway Complex is directly accessable from Newark Penn?

I believe the North Jersey Coast Line, Northeast Corridor Line and (possibly, don't quote me on it) Raritan Valley lines all go through Newark Penn from New York Penn. It's definately easy once your in NY Penn, about 20 minutes via train from there.

I'm interested in this talk of an enclosed walking area (at least that's what it seems like everyone's talking about here, I could be wrong)...I always assumed we'd have to leave Newark Penn and walk three blocks...am I right in assuming that this Gateway Complex is directly accessable from Newark Penn?

If you look at the far right of the pic I posted you'll see a pedestrian bridge going over McCarter Hwy into the Gateway Center.

At New York Penn, you look on the board for a train that says EWR, and that takes you to NJ Penn.

The Raritain Line does not go to NY Penn.

The Gateway Complex is accessible from Track 5, and up a flight of stairs from the main concourse. Then you can walk indoors almost all the way to the arena. You will still have to go outside for a block or so walk. The Gateway Complex is a longer walk, because it takes you a bit out of the way.

For people living near the Boonton Line you should just try parking in Denville, Morris Plains, Montclair State University(their garage is NEVER full), etc. and go from there. Anyone west of Raritan should just park at Raritan or anything east of it(i.e. Bridgewater, which is huge and has free parking), or take the risk of leaving from one of the stations between High Bridge and Penn Station and leave the game early on weeknights.

Last train from High Bridge to Penn(weekdays): 4:42pm undefined

Last train to High Bridge(weekdays): 9:08pm undefined

Do you, or anyone for that matter, know anything about the Gateway complex? The Pru Center website suggests walking through that from Penn Station and when you come out, the arena is a block over to your left. From what I understand, it's got some restaurants and bars and stores in it and was wondering if it would be a decent place to hit or hang out at pre-game....

To figure out how to get to Prudential Center on transit go here:

http://www.trips123.com/trip_planner/default.asp

Prudential Center isn't recognized yet but you can use the address or Penn Station and it will take it. That doesn't just work for NJTransit but will give you directions (with schedules) from almost anywhere in the Tri-State Area.

No there is no convenient direct train service from Wayne but there is plenty from other North Jersey points and as has been pointed out trains from Montclair run pretty frequently.

Can't make the drive to Montclair State? Trains from there run more frequent on weekdays.

Sure I can. I guess I'm just a bit disappointed.

I've been a huge proponent of the newark arena & mass transit solutions, only to find out its currently not so convenient for me.

I live about 10 miles north of Wayne, so I'll just have to drive 5 more miles to the Montclair station.

Hopefully with the new $20 million train station/park & ride that they're building in Wayne, the train service will begin to go there in the evenings.

Thanks for all the info.

worst case, if you have to drive and don't want to deal with Newark traffic/parking, park at the Harrison PATH station, directly across the river from newark Penn Station, easily accessible from route 280 (turnpike or parkway to route 280). Path train into penn station will cost you $1.50 each way (one stop, about a 30 second train ride), can't imagine that evening parking at the path station would run more than $5 or so. I think there's also a light rail that runs from grove street in bloomfield down to penn, as well as one that runs from broad street station to penn.

here's the nj transit and path links:

http://www.njtransit.com/sf/sf_servlet.srv...ion=LightRailTo

http://www.panynj.gov/CommutingTravel/path...arkingGuide.pdf

Harrison

Frank E. Rodgers Boulevard South between

Somerset and Cape May Streets in Harrison

Served by Newark