Rangers-Islander Brawl

thefiestygoat

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

awesome!

I know Bettman cringes at this type of stuff and would go overboard with fines and suspensions if this happened in the regular season, pre season they might be able to get away with it.

I would've kept the Isles and Rangers apart until the regular season, so the Simon slash continues to fester. I don't want them blowing off all their steam now.

awesome!

I know Bettman cringes at this type of stuff and would go overboard with fines and suspensions if this happened in the regular season, pre season they might be able to get away with it.

I would've kept the Isles and Rangers apart until the regular season, so the Simon slash continues to fester. I don't want them blowing off all their steam now.

Right before the Islanders won it, Shanahan tried to pick a fight. I don't think all the steam has been blown off yet. Hopefully this is just the beginning of what will be a great physical rivalry this season.

awesome!

Yea it's pretty sad that the first thing I think of when stuff like this happens is that it's only a matter of time before we see none of this anymore.

I may be wrong, but I believe exhbition scheduling is up to individual teams. This is why teams play a variable number of games, normally with local teams. You're not going to keep the two teams apart.

Naturally you blame Bettman.

Edited by Triumph

www.nhl.tv is replaying this game right now. Its almost the end of the first period, the goalie fight was in the second period. Just register, log in, search for Islanders after watching the advertisement. The click on Rangers vs. Islanders. If anyone can record this from their computer that would be most appreciated.