GDT: 10/04 DEVILS @ LIGHTNING

Devilish34

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oduya cant play defense.. No excuse to leave Vinny so fvckin WIDE open.. Brodeur was obviously clearly shocked he was so open, hence the reason he barely even attempted to save the puck.. Sutter, please understand that Matvichuk > Oduya!! Mottau was alright, i liked how he took the body (checking) on some people but if he wants to sit someone, do it to Oduya.. not Matvichuk

edit: and yes elias did nothing.. gionta had some nice touches here and there and of course the goal but after than he really didnt get much (except maybe the shot on that 2-on-1?).. we need an ACTUAL PP line too.. No clue why Sutter has MAdden out there for PP

Edited by nmigliore

I thought Zubrus played pretty well. He took the body and controlled the puck real real well. Elias though was kinda MIA, had a ffew good chances. What else can ya say about Gio/Parise/Zajac...those guys work their butts off. I actually thought the Devils played real well, but didn't capitalize on the PPs they had when Lightning were playing real bad.

Mottau actually wasn't horrible, but Oduya is just by far the worst defensemen on the roster. It's really really bad.

Zubrus and Elias were virtually invisible

That's bothersome. We can complain about Johnny, but the problem tonight wasn't Tampa getting 2 goals (not including the ENG). It was the Devils getting one. You are not going to win many games with 1 goal.

The power went out across Kanata at 8:10 until 9:30, so I really didn't see much of the game. However, from what I did see, I'm scared sh!tless. Big giant salaried, incredibly long contract players doing dick all.

So I'll put all the blame on Oduya so I'll feel better. :)

Mottau actually wasn't horrible, but Oduya is just by far the worst defensemen on the roster. It's really really bad.

Has his play seriousley fallen off that much since thistime last year.

Because he was only solid at the start of last season.

I cant imagine what he is like if he has regressed.

:blink:

That's bothersome. We can complain about Johnny, but the problem tonight wasn't Tampa getting 2 goals (not including the ENG). It was the Devils getting one. You are not going to win many games with 1 goal.

The power went out across Kanata at 8:10 until 9:30, so I really didn't see much of the game. However, from what I did see, I'm scared sh!tless. Big giant salaried, incredibly long contract players doing dick all.

So I'll put all the blame on Oduya so I'll feel better. :)

Zubrus was fine. PLayed very physical and well in both ends. No problem with Zuby tonight don.

Of course they need more than one goal to win this game, but no even strength goals. THat's a problem.

I hate to take Oduya out to pasture but that 2nd goal was just brutal. This is the second time that he has cost the Devils at least a point in Tampa. He definitely experienced a brain fart on that play

I though the Devils played well. Their lack of finishing bit them in the ass tonight big time. When it comes down to it, Oduya's f*ck up probably shouldn't have mattered. Gotta bury your chances

Zubrus needs to learn to stay on his skates. For such a big guy he really gets pushed around quite a bit.

Only one game but that was a tough lost. Points are gonna be hard to come by and not getting a point out of this game is a shame considering the team played well tonight

Oduya played horrible. He shouldnt even be on the NHL team compared to the minor league players.

Elias was invisble tonight, he didnt do anything at all to wow or help the team.

I think Zubrus did great, even when off the puck he was completly everywhere, he might not have scored but he did a hell of alot.

I agree with most, Oduya stinks.

He left Marty out to dry on that 2nd goal, seriously what was he doing?

Only one game but that was a tough lost. Points are gonna be hard to come by and not getting a point out of this game is a shame considering the team played well tonight

Think of it this way. They played well, with a full lineup and the effort they gave tonight, they'll be fine.

Sucks to lose the first one. The Devils' defense did pretty good all game by only giving up 1 goal, but the last one really hurt at the end (Oduya needs to step up his game since Raffy left). But only giving up 2 goals should usually win us the game. The Devils offense got shut down tonight. So a lot of things to improve on, it's a long season... we got time.

LETS GO DEVILS!

Edited by NYGDevils32

Once Tampa went up 2-1 it was clear it was over. I switched off the game when the Devs pulled Marty for, my husband was why'd you do that? I said because the final score will be 3-1 and I don't need to see Tampa get an EN. I switched back to see the final seconds and to see that I was right. Nice to see the Devils haven't really changed much. Virtually powerless power play and rubber, rubber everywhere but in the net. :rolleyes: Can't wait for the new look Sutter Devils to get their game going.

Oduya looked promising once upon a time, not anymore.

Losing an opener is always deflating, but its game 01 out of 82, and you gotta roll with the punches, we have a beat up Panthers team on Saturday. If Oduya doesn't make that very bad gaff we'd be watching OT right now, but with a dangerous team like the lightning those are the things that put you out. I don't see scoring becoming a problem again, this team is aggressive enough to score more, a mixture of HORRIBLE ice and a solid outing for the Lightning goalie kept us off the board tonight.

the devils started out well tonight but didn't convert and then turned into last years team in the 3rd.

i disagree with brylin getting as much time as he did late.

elias was last year's elias - namely invisible except when he made bad decisions.

oduya was bad besides the vinny goal.

rachunek is rafalski II with his shot. i don't know why i thought he had a better one. the shovel shot lives.

its one game but a tough night in that the yanks get the sh!t kicked out of them, the rangers win going away and the devils lose scoring only one goal.

Think of it this way. They played well, with a full lineup and the effort they gave tonight, they'll be fine.

Eh, I'm not so sure. They just lack shooters up and down the lineup. I only saw the third and parts of the other two periods though.

Clarkson's got to play more.

Oduya has had aliens invade his brain - ones which never played hockey.

Not bad, but not great. It's got to be better than this. I liked how Zubrus played but Elias was nowhere to be found. Bergfors is clearly a step slow for the NHL, and Sutter replaced him with Brylin in the later stages of the game.

Once Tampa went up 2-1 it was clear it was over. I switched off the game when the Devs pulled Marty for, my husband was why'd you do that? I said because the final score will be 3-1 and I don't need to see Tampa get an EN. I switched back to see the final seconds and to see that I was right. Nice to see the Devils haven't really changed much. Virtually powerless power play and rubber, rubber everywhere but in the net. :rolleyes: Can't wait for the new look Sutter Devils to get their game going.

Oduya looked promising once upon a time, not anymore.

I didn't agree with the move to take out Marty before the face off. I like the strategy they did last year, when they didn't pull the goalie until they had full puck possession.