2007 NLCS: Diamondbacks vs. Rockies

thefiestygoat

I never would have thought that these two teams would be competing for the NL title and a chance at the World Series. My pick is the Diamondbacks to win this. The Rockies have been so hot for so long, they are bound to run out of luck. Baseball is a streaky sport and I just don't see there streak going too much further. Nonetheless it is an interesting matchup and should be fun to watch.

I never would have thought that these two teams would be competing for the NL title and a chance at the World Series. My pick is the Diamondbacks to win this. The Rockies have been so hot for so long, they are bound to run out of luck. Baseball is a streaky sport and I just don't see there streak going too much further. Nonetheless it is an interesting matchup and should be fun to watch.

I have family near Denver so I became a defacto Rockies sympathizer when they came into the league.

I also have family near Phoenix so I also became a defacto Diamondbacks sympathizer when THEY came into the league.

So yeah, I'm cool with this series. I think it'll be a fun one to watch. Everyone seems to be picking D-Backs but I think I'm going to stay with the Rockies. I think they have one more series in them in this streak, before they fall in the World Series.

Mahatma Gandhi once said, If not for the British, I may have become a Christian

Now, nearly one hundred years later (or since the last time the Chicago Cubs won the World Series :rofl: ) I say, if not for front-running Colorado sports fans, I may have become a Rockies backer (actually, I would never forsake those St Louis Cardinals)!!

What a difference a month makes:

282153991.jpg

... and last night:

282153986.jpg

Edited by littleton_devil

Mahatma Gandhi once said, If not for the British, I may have become a Christian

Now, nearly one hundred years later (or since the last time the Chicago Cubs won the World Series :rofl: ) I say, if not for front-running Colorado sports fans, I may have become a Rockies backer (actually, I would never forsake those St Louis Cardinals)!!

I'm not entirely sure what you are trying to point out here. It is better not to support your local team when they are playing well?

Well, whatever your point may be, I can tell you that everybody here is now crazy for the Rockies. The vast majority may be bandwagoniers but that is fine with me. It's good to see everybody excited about the Rockies! :dance:

Can I nominate a POD? Coz this one totally is it.

You could if I hadn't beaten the gimmick to death :P

seems you can only be the Dallas Cowboys and survive (and I do mean SURVIVE :P) the SD-Hex-Smackdown!

I'm really looking forward to the World Series. I don't think that they layoff will affect the Rockies. Frankly, I hope the other series goes 7 games and the remainder of the games are all extra innings. I certainly wouldn't mind a tired out AL team coming here.

As for which AL team, I'm pulling for the Indians. There are just too many Red Sox fans all over the place. I went to the game when they came here a couple of years ago and it was ridiculous! The vast majority were Sox fans. Of course, I hope this would be different in the World Series, but there are still bound to be too many Sox fans there.

Tickets go on sale next Monday. I'll be taking a very early lunch to attempt to get some. :boogie: