GDT: DEVILS @ THRASHERS 7:00PM TV FSNY Radio 660 XM 237

Devilish34

• Replies 253
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Without diving too deep into the usual stuff (Marty stunk, Oduya isn't an NHL defenseman, nice of Elias to show up)...one big positive note is that the first pp unit looked amazing. Elias up top with Martin and Gio, Parise, and Zajac up front really seemed to be able to do what they wanted with the puck. If they keep that unit together, there won't be much need for a second unit...thankfully so because what is left over isn't exactly offensive dynamite.

Edited by Beck27

Without diving too deep into the usual stuff (Marty stunk, Oduya isn't an NHL defenseman, nice of Elias to show up)...one big positive note is that the first pp unit looked amazing. Elias up top with Martin and Gio, Parise, and Zajac up front really seemed to be able to do what they wanted with the puck. If they keep that unit together, there won't be much need for a second unit...thankfully so because what is left over isn't exactly offensive dynamite.

Mottau was far worse than Oduya this evening in my eyes. Not that Oduya was good, but Mottau's errors were far more glaring.

I agree - and I hate to rain on a parade - but the Atlanta penalty kill is terrible, both their execution and their strategy. There's no way a passive box is the best way to beat the Devils' PP. The Devils have excellent passers but no one on this team has a big shot. Force them to make that shot.

But it was great to see them all on the same page... baby steps.

yes and no funny colored hair this season ;)

Considering Sutter made Team Canada players have a certain length of hair....I don't think it would have been a good idea for Elias to go with the funky hair color. :giggle:

Remember during playoff games when they would show how Elias would just encompass the entire offensive zone by putting him in fast motion replay?

It looked that glorious way again tonight.

Considering Sutter made Team Canada players have a certain length of hair....I don't think it would have been a good idea for Elias to go with the funky hair color. :giggle:

Random point: Sutter and Al Bundy = Separated at Birth.

I was surprised to see Marty in the third. I thought for sure Sutter puts Weekes in and perhaps the game doesn't go to the wire.

Good thing about the game, they scored goals! Confidence booster. Now Marty must bounce back against the Pens. Do you think he plays back to back games or sits againsts the Flyers?

Can someone please tell me who replaced my all-universe goaltender with Dan Cloutier? 5 goals on 18 shots is rediculous. I really hope that Marty snaps out of this soon. In either case, I think that Weekes should get at least one more start on this road trip from Hell. We really need some more depth on defense, what about bringing up more kids for a tryout?

Take a look at the highlights to tonight's game, currently available in the "Last Game" section of the Devils website.

What you'll see is the Thrashers local broadcast and what you'll notice, other than Red Bulls play-by-play man JP Delacamera going to the lowest-common-denominator of homerism, is that it really is quite dark-looking in that arena.

Could that have had something to do with the goaltending tonight?

Take a look at the highlights to tonight's game, currently available in the "Last Game" section of the Devils website.

What you'll see is the Thrashers local broadcast and what you'll notice, other than Red Bulls play-by-play man JP Delacamera going to the lowest-common-denominator of homerism, is that it really is quite dark-looking in that arena.

Could that have had something to do with the goaltending tonight?

I was thinking about that too

I couldn't find this game on any live video feed tonite, so I just listened on the radio.

Did anybody manage to get this on DVD or something? This would be one heck of a game to watch!

Of course this game won't be replayed anywhere. Not in Atlanta or New York. fvckers.

What a game though! That arena turned so fast. It went dead quiet when Brylin scored. They didn't even play any music at the next TV time out until the very end.

Atlanta does this really nice thing that we need to copy. After home games in their club level they do a live radio post game that people can go to. There were maybe 30 people there tonight, it was a good time.

ETA: It wasn't nearly as dark as the highlight package online made it look.

ETA2: Also wanted to add that Atlanta has a really cool sound guy. He knew who was in town and played a lot of Springsteen and Bon Jovi even a little Sinatra.

Edited by PeteyNice