Greetings from Germany

GermanDevil

Hey there,

I'm a Devils-Fan from Frankfurt, Germany. My favourite German hockey team, as you can see in my avatar, are the Frankfurt Lions who currently lead the German hockey league DEL.

Like many other German hockey fans I've been watching the NHL as well since I began showing interest in hockey.

So why of all teams did I become a Fan of the Devils? Whatr really impresses me of them is their philosophy of managing this franchise. I'm absolutly into teams that don't buy player when they already became big stars elsewhere but built them up themselves out of formerly unknown young players. And of course be much more successfull with this way of building a team than a franchise from a big city right next to them that throws away big money for so called superstars :rolleyes:

So that's it for the beginning :koolaid:

Hey there,

I'm a Devils-Fan from Frankfurt, Germany. My favourite German hockey team, as you can see in my avatar, are the Frankfurt Lions who currently lead the German hockey league DEL.

Like many other German hockey fans I've been watching the NHL as well since I began showing interest in hockey.

So why of all teams did I become a Fan of the Devils? Whatr really impresses me of them is their philosophy of managing this franchise. I'm absolutly into teams that don't buy player when they already became big stars elsewhere but built them up themselves out of formerly unknown young players. And of course be much more successfull with this way of building a team than a franchise from a big city right next to them that throws away big money for so called superstars :rolleyes:

Welcome friend!

• 2 weeks later...
Hey there,

Willkommen zum Eis! Die einzige Sprache, die ich spreche, ist Jersey.

Rocky start, but hopefully coach gets the kinks worked out by the AllStar break.

My wife's Oma lives in Aschaffenburg, real close to you. I spent time skiing in Steinplatte in the Austrian Alps. Ever go there? Mein frau's cousin usually had a lead role at Carnival in Cologne when they would put on an all male (dressed all as females) revue. Funny stuff.

I'm looking forward to going back there. I toured the country for 9 days back in '98.

• 3 weeks later...