Old Style Jersey vs New Style Jersey

CMONPETEYD

Unless you are intending to dish out the dough for an authentic, definitely get an old style jersey. The new replicas are trash. They have that tag on the front of the bottom, and the slits on the sides that clearly put out there that it is not authentic and it just looks like garbage in my opinion. The new replicas also do not seem to be made as well as the old ones.

Also if you someday decide you want a new one, you can always get one easily, they might even go down in price by then. The old ones are going to be impossible to find soon, so you might as well snatch one up while you still can.

Personally i like the new ones more. The material is better and i think theyre more comfortable. If you want one, you should either go with an authentic, or buy a replica and have it stitched for 100 dollars, which is alot.

If you want it cheaper, the older is definatly more accessible and higher quality for 115 dollars.

Get the old style, because frankly, these new RBK's wont be around in two years. Many of the players are already complaining about them, and when it comes to equipment, what the players want the players get = RIP RBK soon. The #1 player complaint is that they dont breathe and get really hot.

Every time I've dealt with them, they've majorly fvcked something up. I bought a Devils practice jersey off of ebay from them just to get an email saying they don't even HAVE the jersey anymore. They wouldn't even substitute for a regular Devils jersey...took more than three weeks just to get my refund. Another time I ordered a jersey from them, it took over four months for the jersey to even come. They wouldn't respond to any e-mail messages and when I called the phone number, it was said to be out of service. They're just really shady there.

hmm I live near Pequannock (Wayne area) and there's a new sports uniform shop on Newark Pompton Tpke that looks like it does sell some jersey (prob more for local HS teams n such) but I thought I saw Devils stuff in the window when I drove past... I think they do stitching too.. I can't remember the name at the moment...

k. so I drove past this place just to catch the name... I looked them up too on the web.. the have a website too... they don't seem to sell much merchandise but do pro-athletic embroidering of names/numbers/etc.. if any one is interested in a local place... I've never used em but I thought it might be an option for some to use a local shop! They're off Rt 23 close to Rt 80 and Rt 46...

" ProStitch can letter one jersey or a complete team with that professional look.

Licensed N.H.L. jersey lettering and numbering available to match

your favorite player or create one with your name and number."

ProStitch Embroidery

163 Newark-Pompton Tpk.

Pequannock, NJ 07440

Phone: 973-305-1123

Fax: 973-305-1124

E-mail: info@prostitchemb.com

http://www.prostitchemb.com/athleticlettering/

Edited by JerseyGirl71

k. so I drove past this place just to catch the name... I looked them up too on the web.. the have a website too... they don't seem to sell much merchandise but do pro-athletic embroidering of names/numbers/etc.. if any one is interested in a local place... I've never used em but I thought it might be an option for some to use a local shop! They're off Rt 23 close to Rt 80 and Rt 46...

" ProStitch can letter one jersey or a complete team with that professional look.

Licensed N.H.L. jersey lettering and numbering available to match

your favorite player or create one with your name and number."

ProStitch Embroidery

163 Newark-Pompton Tpk.

Pequannock, NJ 07440

Phone: 973-305-1123

Fax: 973-305-1124

E-mail: info@prostitchemb.com

http://www.prostitchemb.com/athleticlettering/

Thanks for the info. They seem to be cheaper than IceJerseys based on the info they gave me over the phone. I'll probably stop in and see if I can check out some of the stuff they have done.

Thanks for the info. They seem to be cheaper than IceJerseys based on the info they gave me over the phone. I'll probably stop in and see if I can check out some of the stuff they have done.

Glad I could help! :dance: If ya need directions, let me know. I live next town over...

Edited by JerseyGirl71

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Having just purchased a brand new authentic home jersey, I woul dsay that they do fit more snug, and in general I like the older style.

If you go a la carte you can save a few bucks. For example:

NHL.com price, auth, customized $320.00

Jersey: $185.00 - 200.00

Sew kit: $40 - 45.00

Auth. Tackle/Twill embroider: $50 - 70.00

Rough cost: $275.00 - 315.00 w/tax

Just be aware that a lot of the sew kits are on back order right now (per info from Hockey Giant) and it may take some time to order - try Ebay.

Hope this helps!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.