POD: My last rant.

olp

Not that anyone knows who the hell I am, nor do they care, but this is my last rant. I can't take Devils fans any more. What a spoiled, whiny group we are. 8 Games into the season and my head is already spinning from all of the constant complaining from this group. 8 fvcking games people!

Let me just try to recap all that's been said on this board the last few weeks.

1. Elias is done. He sucks, he can't do anything, he blows, and did I mention he sucks. No wait, he's great. He's Captain material again, we love him and he can do it all. He deserves every penny he gets, only because he probably has to listen to whining fans every time he goes to the mall.

2. Sutter's system is a failure - in fact, it appears the Sutter experiment has failed. Yes, the term was failed already. I hope to god none of you are coaches - only because you have no patience for players to adjust. Give it time for Christ's sake.

3. Oduya is a piece of crap. I think Oduya would be the first to tell you he's not a #2 defenseman. On his very best day he's possibly a #4. But, the Devils are asking him to be a #2 - against Crosby, against LeCalvier - you get the point. You fans are throwing this kid under the bus because he's being asked by the organization to play over his head. Then again, this is the same group of fans who berated Niedermayer for years (and no, I'm not comparing Niedermayer to Oduya) - I got tired of defending him too. Guess the coaching staff sees something you clowns don't - what a surprise there.

4. Brodeur should be traded, he's done, he's fat, he's banging a new sister-in-law. I guess he should adapt to the new system overnight as well.

5. Mottau is our best defenseman. Right.

6. Madden should be Captain because he's vocal and now he's the leading scorer. Sure, the same guy who shot a puck at his coach to see his reaction. How quickly we forget.

7. Fans love the "road is not an excuse" line from Sutter. That's bullsh!t from Sutter and everyone knows it. Please - a 9 game road trip to start the season doesn't affect, and shouldn't affect the team? Please. Of course it should, it's all a mindset. They started the season knowing they had this unpresedented road trip, because of an arena no one is going to go to is being built, and it's in their heads they have to at least be 500 coming into their new "home" (as temporary as it may be - that's another rant though). It was an issue before the season started with the media and they beat it into the players heads - so why shouldn't it be an issue now? What, like it's not some sort of disadvantage right now? Uh huh.

8. This is my own personal bitching - I can't take Chico one more second. He's getting worse too. I'm sorry, but isn't the home announcer supposed to know who players are? You can't tell the difference between Rachunek and Oduya? You can't ever say Marty f'd up? He has no problem saying the defense did. I think I want to punch him in the face he's so damned annoying. Sure he's nice and all, and he did get a better rug, but boy is he pissing me off with his goalie lovefest.

Anyway. You get the picture. Spoiled rotten fans is what we are. We expect perfection right off the bat. The old system hasn't gotten us sh!t lately. It was time for a change. With change comes some adversity. With change comes mistakes. Give it time. I can't. I've had enough - this board is the worst I've seen since the old NJO days. Take me off the member list.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Chico always makes mistakes, but he completes the perfecto pairing of him and Doc.. Devils telecasts are gonna suck when both or one of them leave.. I actually find the errors Chico makes humorous and its not like a big deal since in the replay they show you can clearly see who it was its not like your missing anything b/c Chico got the wrong guy.. But judging by your post or comment on it you probably yell and scream and bust open your TV everytime Chico makes a mistake

...dosent this put you into the group with all the devils fans that complain?

i dont want to be put into a group of spolied complaining fans, yes there are adjustments but its only 8 games in, you cant make moves and complain until atleast mid to late novemeber when things settle out. At this rate the flyers will be like 60 something wins and less then 10 loses, will that happen? No. theres no need to complain right now.

Recently? This happens all the time. Only difference is, seems to have gotten worse with the new crop of posters. The solution is simple: don't take any of it seriously. There really are only a handful of posters here anymore that have anything meaningful to add to the board...but if you don't take the other stuffs seriously, it's quite a fun place to hang around.

Not that anyone knows who the hell I am, nor do they care, but this is my last rant. I can't take Devils fans any more. What a spoiled, whiny group we are. 8 Games into the season and my head is already spinning from all of the constant complaining from this group. 8 fvcking games people!

While we're having fun with stereotypes and generalizations, all people who makes posts like the first one in this thread are idiots.

It's not fair to define a message board by a few peoples' opinions that you disagree with. People get angry and they want to vent on a message board, so whats the problem with that?

Try to find a message board where people are happy all of the time, and never get mad at anybody. That will consume most of the you gain from not visiting here again.

I agree with everything you said except for the fact that I find Chico's stupidity funny and I think adds another element of entertainment to the broadcasts because you never know what kind of dumb comment he is going to make next.

And yes it seems as though most Devils fans are very spoiled these days. Part of me wouldn't mind if the Devils went into a long rebuilding period just so these fairweather fans can finally leave and be happy and leave the team's supporters alone. You can not win the Cup every single year, it is impossible because there are 29 other teams trying to do the same thing. Some people just have a hard time getting that through their heads for some reason.

What I've done last season and probably will this season is choose not to read most of the negative threads (including gameday threads) after a loss because it is just ridiculous. This place is more enjoyable that way.

I still say everyone complains because its only human nature to point out someone who does something bad in a game and say "OMFG BENCH HIM, TRADE HIM, WAIVE HIM SIGN SOMEONE ELSE" .. And yeah i've done it too and been really pissed off at Marty when he will give up a goal that looks somewhat stoppable.. Thats my conclusion on the matter, and I dont think the ranting or complaining about anyone will end.. for example: if Gionta turns over the puck and the opposing team wins everyone will single him out and complain about it (on these boards)..

Edited by nmigliore