Sign in to follow this  
nmigliore

NHL 08 (xbox 360) League

I feel your pain.. this game has super-goalies.. its really annoying outshooting your opponent like 40-15 and only getting a goal.. im now considering having the difficulty set to Rookie so maybe the games are low scoring as much

Good tough game, you may have outshot me, (please don't go over the top with ridiculous numbers like 40-15), but scoring chances were somewhat even. I had a couple nice setups, so did you, i had a couple nice breaks, so did you... overall evenly matched game and a fun game. Please don't suck the life out of it like that... and I like having it on Pro so the games will be low scoring... cuz if you have it on rookie, it's going to look more like a Lacrosse score, which makes the game boring.

I HATE SHOOTOUTS lol.. notice how i was so aggressive on the PK on that 4 on 3? now u know why =/.. like i said the goalies are just too good, even Luongo denied you alot.. i just dont get it.. I wish the goalies skill level was the same as 07, they are just too good

edit: oh come on i didnt see the final shot total relax i just took a guess, it wasnt too bad :rolleyes:.. just pointing out how the goalies are ridiculous in this game.. especially ones like Mason; hes just above par in reality.. if Brodeur put on that kinda show it would make sense.

edit 2: and again i dont see how im criticizing your play.. i guess i under-estimated ur shots but u beat me and put up a good fight so obviously u were a good opponent.. ..?

Edited by nmigliore

I HATE SHOOTOUTS lol.. notice how i was so aggressive on the PK on that 4 on 3? now u know why =/.. like i said the goalies are just too good, even Luongo denied you alot.. i just dont get it.. I wish the goalies skill level was the same as 07, they are just too good

edit: oh come on i didnt see the final shot total relax i just took a guess, it wasnt too bad :rolleyes:.. just pointing out how the goalies are ridiculous in this game.. especially ones like Mason; hes just above par in reality.. if Brodeur put on that kinda show it would make sense.

Would you have complained if Foresburg never tied it in the shootout and you won? :rolleyes:

It was a good game.. man i hated that powerplay at the end, i couldn't get anything going.. and it was even tougher with your agression

Would you have complained if Foresburg never tied it in the shootout and you won? :rolleyes:

It was a good game.. man i hated that powerplay at the end, i couldn't get anything going.. and it was even tougher with your agression

Yes i still would, its been hindering with me for awhile about the goalies (taking note of all these 2-1, 1-0 decisions).. :rolleyes:

Guess it just took a loss out of me to get frustrated with it, and it seems like SteveStevens ran into a similar problem

Edited by nmigliore

Yes i still would, its been hindering with me for awhile about the goalies (taking note of all these 2-1, 1-0 decisions).. :rolleyes:

But if you don't like 2-1 and 3-2 and 1-0 decisions find a different sport dude... this is still hockey, no matter how much Bettman's fvcked it over.

But if you don't like 2-1 and 3-2 and 1-0 decisions find a different sport dude... this is still hockey, no matter how much Bettman's fvcked it over.

Thats not the point, at all.. ITS A VIDEO GAME.. i still love the real hockey and no video game will ever come SOOO close to being almost real.. but im trying to say how the goalies are so unrealistic; they stop everything.. I wouldnt mind if thats Brodeur or Lundqvist or a Luongo even making the saves but a Mason? A Holmqvist? Er..? It just seems like they made all goalies the same (Despite the ratings)

edit: I think "find a different video game" suits better (ill be getting 2k8 soon anyway i wonder if thats any better).. im a bit ticked u actually should insult that i dont like hockey and low scoring decisions.. b/c i made my point clear it was the goalies in the video game that bothered me about the scoring in the video game.. nothing at all about real NHL games

Edited by nmigliore

I'm just sayin' if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Nothings wrong with where its at right now, the 2-1 games are the most intense and fun to play in IMO... your league though, so do whatever you want.

Sorry...

Ok, I'm out to the Devils game! LETS GO DEVILS!!!!! :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

I'm just sayin' if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Nothings wrong with where its at right now, the 2-1 games are the most intense and fun to play in IMO... your league though, so do whatever you want.

Sorry...

Ok, I'm out to the Devils game! LETS GO DEVILS!!!!! :koolaid::koolaid::koolaid:

We're all going to lose games we think we should have won,but thats why there is 5 weeks of play. I think we should leave everything the way it is, its been intense and fun. :D

edit: nevermind im not available (downloading something on computer and i dont have a router so =/.. )

How about.. hmm Thursday night? Ill get home from Devils game probably around 10 or 10:30.. so around then we could play

Edited by nmigliore

Never said i wanted to quit; i even said your league your rules. I was just thinking dont change what isn't broken.

The option is always open i dont mind. And ill see how things go in the next few weeks (or most likely for the rest of Season 1) but ill leave the difficulty where its at for this season

The option is always open i dont mind. And ill see how things go in the next few weeks (or most likely for the rest of Season 1) but ill leave the difficulty where its at for this season

If you want to leave or not i mean, i dont care, b/c i have another guy waiting anyway..

anyway im home now Stevens if u wanna play

Friesens 2nd GWG of the season lifts Flames past Bolts in OT.

Flames 2 (Jesterdevil) Lightning 1 (ChrisG)

First * - Holmqvist

Second * Kiprusoff

Third * Friesen

Calgary

Friesen 1G

Iginla 1G

Conroy, Tanguay, Hale, Nolan 1A

Tampa Bay

Prospal 1G

St Louis 1A

Good game Chris. Scored the tying goal with less then 2 mins left in the 3rd.

Yes good game Jester. I was playing for the tie in the last minute, figured it would be nice to get a point. Really great game, I enjoy playing against you.

Chris

Friggin' Friesen.....

Random Notes

* Frost your the only one who has yet to complete at least 1 game for Week 2. Please try to get on to face your opponents or I have to give them a win if you dont complete them by Sunday evening.

* Jester is now in first place (1 point ahead of me)

* Chris is 3 points out of a playoff spot, 1 point head of the last place frost (Ill post complete standings once all games for this week are completed, as usual)

Edited by nmigliore

I have contacted Frost, and he gave me some times he was available this week. I need to find one that works for me, and play our game. I am sure he intends to play at least ours, so I would not worry about that. We will get it done...

Chris

I'm hoping me and frost willg et our game done tonight... if i can escape the week 2-0, Looks as if I'll be standin near the top.

Okay good to see you contacted him and he responded.. he hasn't posted here in awhile so i thought me mighta forgot about the league

Edited by nmigliore

Sorry a member of my family passed away tihs morning so i have been occupied all day.

Im free now and some of tomorrow but friday im not.