Arlette?

NJDevs26

Guys, take it from someone who has worked in the studio with Rossum....she's not all that

Don't be decieved by the makeup and image. Having worked with a host of pro's in music... I found her to be not quite the brightest bulb in the set, rude, and self-absorbed.

The fact was there was purely to promote her own album...she's probably never even been to a game before.

Then the 10 minute interview about her career while most guys sat mesmerized. (Yeah, singers can write songs - words on a page are poetry...try putting some chords and notes together...oh wait someone else comes in and does that for me....come one!) :puke:

The whole thing screamed sell out to me.

They should have took the time to interview the person whose sung at so many Devil games to get her take on the experience that night.

Who's are next special guest...Hannah Montana, Hillary Duff :doh1: ?

Ah yes, the classic insider who thinks someone is crap because they have worked with them or some sh!t. She may be all those things you've said but who cares? Lots of people are like that. Maybe even Arlette is...unless you've worked with her as well.

So she can't write songs, again, who cares? What good is a songwriter if he/she can't sing what they write? I'm sure there are plenty of songwriters out there that can't sing and leave it to those that can.

Anyways, just playing devils advocate.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was pretty and sang good for the minute i heard her, i dont care about her besides that.

But for Arlette, i care for her since shes an enjoyable singer the dev fans love, and you could tell she appreciates our cheers for her. Yay Arlette. ^_^

Edited by SteveStevens

I was thrilled to see Arlette come out to sing the Canadian anthem and so disappointed when she didn't sing the SSB. :saddevil: This was the Devils night and the night for their fans. Bad move by Vanderbeek to have this self promoting interloper sing the anthem. This is not a knock her talent or resume, just that Arlette should've sang them both. New arena doesn't mean out with all the old. Glad that Arlette got such an ovation.

I was thrilled to see Arlette come out to sing the Canadian anthem and so disappointed when she didn't sing the SSB. :saddevil: This was the Devils night and the night for their fans. Bad move by Vanderbeek to have this self promoting interloper sing the anthem. This is not a knock her talent or resume, just that Arlette should've sang them both. New arena doesn't mean out with all the old. Glad that Arlette got such an ovation.

During intermission the girl that sang the SSB said that she was asked to come less than 48 hours before the game. Maybe Arlette could only sing so much? Voice, lung, throat etc. problems are very common in singers, plus Arlette sung the shortest of the two.

During intermission the girl that sang the SSB said that she was asked to come less than 48 hours before the game. Maybe Arlette could only sing so much? Voice, lung, throat etc. problems are very common in singers, plus Arlette sung the shortest of the two.

Maybe Bon Jovi backed out last minute. :P

If you're going to have both singers sing once I don't get why you didn't have this other actress sing the Canadian anthem and then trot out Arlette for the US anthem? That would have gotten a much better response I think :P

Maybe she didn't know the Canadian anthem?

For all we know Arlette might have thought this was a good idea!

Ah yes, the classic insider who thinks someone is crap because they have worked with them or some sh!t. She may be all those things you've said but who cares? Lots of people are like that. Maybe even Arlette is...unless you've worked with her as well.

So she can't write songs, again, who cares? What good is a songwriter if he/she can't sing what they write? I'm sure there are plenty of songwriters out there that can't sing and leave it to those that can.

Anyways, just playing devils advocate.

I recorded three demo tracks for her, before she got this record deal. I'm a studio player (Guitar) here in L.A. its what I do for a living on a daily basis (when not watching the devils). SO, am I the classic insider...I don't know?

I just thought that OPENING NIGHT was NOT the time and place to PIMP out the national anthem to the next up-an-coming cute singer (or her record company)for promoting their next album(an obviouslly had no associating eith the team or hockey), much less have to hear about it on the break - while the veteran singer of so many games wasn't even acknowledged by the media. There seemed to be a lot of raves at good or pretty she is - which I feel is unfair to Arlette - a proven Devils fixture. Given the proximity to NY I think there could have been many better choices for this scenario - thats all. :noclue:

Guys, take it from someone who has worked in the studio with Rossum....she's not all that

Don't be decieved by the makeup and image. Having worked with a host of pro's in music... I found her to be not quite the brightest bulb in the set, rude, and self-absorbed.

The fact was there was purely to promote her own album...she's probably never even been to a game before.

Then the 10 minute interview about her career while most guys sat mesmerized. (Yeah, singers can write songs - words on a page are poetry...try putting some chords and notes together...oh wait someone else comes in and does that for me....come one!) :puke:

The whole thing screamed sell out to me.

They should have took the time to interview the person whose sung at so many Devil games to get her take on the experience that night.

Who's are next special guest...Hannah Montana, Hillary Duff :doh1: ?

Please god no.....Duff would be too much....

only in looks :P

Arlette is a HUNDRED times the better singer

the other chick got booed silly which was awesome :)

Who booed Emily Rossum? Sounded like nothing but cheers where I was standing. I thought she was great. Plus with that short skirt everyone in my section was blowing hoping the strong gale would carry down to the ice surface by her.

I recorded three demo tracks for her, before she got this record deal. I'm a studio player (Guitar) here in L.A. its what I do for a living on a daily basis (when not watching the devils). SO, am I the classic insider...I don't know?

I just thought that OPENING NIGHT was NOT the time and place to PIMP out the national anthem to the next up-an-coming cute singer (or her record company)for promoting their next album(an obviouslly had no associating eith the team or hockey), much less have to hear about it on the break - while the veteran singer of so many games wasn't even acknowledged by the media. There seemed to be a lot of raves at good or pretty she is - which I feel is unfair to Arlette - a proven Devils fixture. Given the proximity to NY I think there could have been many better choices for this scenario - thats all. :noclue:

Not to sound cheesy or anything, but the new place was shiny and, well, new. It doesn't feel like home yet. But having Arlette's familiar face and voice there for the anthem kinda made it feel like home. Then she got booted for some broad from Broadway. It's not like it was Springsteen or someone like that.

Arlette actually got a pretty big ovation when she was announced. Like I said before, it seemed to suck some of the life out of the crowd when she left before our anthem. Did anyone else feel that way?

By classic insider I meant exactly what you described yourself as, someone who has worked with the person. Either way, why blame her? Blame Vanderbeek for allowing it. Her agent might have approached the Devils but it was the Devils that said yes. Why should she have an association with the team? Is there some sort of requirement for that?

How is it unfair to Arlette that this gal got rave reviews for her looks and singing? When was the last time Arlette got any reviews anyways? Also, like I said, how do we know Arlette didn't think this was a good idea?

Bottom line, regardless of how she may have acted in the studio with you, she sang the anthem the way it should be sung and sounded (and looked) good doing it.

Oh and Emmy Rossum is from NYC.

Not to sound cheesy or anything, but the new place was shiny and, well, new. It doesn't feel like home yet. But having Arlette's familiar face and voice there for the anthem kinda made it feel like home. Then she got booted for some broad from Broadway. It's not like it was Springsteen or someone like that.

Arlette actually got a pretty big ovation when she was announced. Like I said before, it seemed to suck some of the life out of the crowd when she left before our anthem. Did anyone else feel that way?