GDT DEVILS @ RANGERS 7PM 11/3/07 FSNY 2/MSGHD XM 207 660AM

Devilish34

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's keep things in perspective. The Devils outplayed the Rangers a good chunk of the game and ran into a very very good goalie. The Devils also did themselves no favours when they failed to even register a shot in the 5 minute OT. Blame it on the SO if you will but the Devils need to capitilize on their chances to avoid shootouts.

I agree. Though sometimes it is too much for me to take, I mean I'm only 19 and already struggling to keep the blood pressure from being high, this sh!t isn't helping but it is exciting. I hated the shoot out at first but I have warmed up to it. Its fine to me...then again I would want 20 minute overtimes like in the playoffs year round but that is a little extreme.

And i think its time to speak up about the refs.. b/c this game was decided by them, who knows what woulda happened if we had a PP.. But seriously not only do the aholes get in the way but they dont call nothing.. Parise was MAULED after the whistle on the Brylin attempt and where THE FVCK was the call?! And im sick of this sh1t where players dive with their sticks to get it away, everyone else (when we do that) take a dive and we get a penalty.. Gio shoulda took a dive, b/c sadly thats the direction the NHL is in with calling.. Oh speaking of diving how the fvck do u call a dive on Brodeur? He gets abused every game and nothing is called, the one time it is, it has to also be a dive..

Things I liked -

Mike Rupp. How he gets serious criticism is beyond me. He took on Colton Orr and didn't look out of place, and made some solid plays throughout the game.

Vitali Vishnevsky - he's starting to hit more every game. He does take himself out of position to do that from time to time which is upsetting, but he definitely trusts Brookbank more than Mottau. Loved his reaction to Mara's yapping.

All four lines - they all worked well together.

Things I didn't like -

The umbrella. I missed Friday night's game, but there is just no way the Devils should be using an umbrella style formation on their power play. Seems to emphasize their weaknesses.

Paul Martin getting 27 minutes again - this can't continue to happen. When Rachunek comes back, Mottau hopefully sits and the third pairing plays more.

The refs - nice job not calling anything until calling a weak hook very late in the game. Seems standard now. They'd called a great game up until that point.

Took the words right out of my mouth. How there was no call after Parise got leveled and when Brylin was picked off at the blue line in the third is beyond me. And to make that lame ass call on VV in ot was just brutal.

I too have felt that the officiating has been sh*t this year. It's not an excuse for the loss but sometimes you wonder what the f*ck these guys are doing out there. I don't think there is any other job in this country where you can be so inept at what you do and there is zero consequences for it.

Why exactly did FSNY2 cut away from Sutter's press conference? I wanted to hear his opinion on the shootout.

fiesty it's fine to be angry...but there's a difference between being angry the team lost and saying they need to be lit into when they did play their best. You light into people for lack of effort not lack of results.

Edited by Hasan4978

Things I liked -

Mike Rupp. How he gets serious criticism is beyond me. He took on Colton Orr and didn't look out of place, and made some solid plays throughout the game.

Vitali Vishnevsky - he's starting to hit more every game. He does take himself out of position to do that from time to time which is upsetting, but he definitely trusts Brookbank more than Mottau. Loved his reaction to Mara's yapping.

All four lines - they all worked well together.

Things I didn't like -

The umbrella. I missed Friday night's game, but there is just no way the Devils should be using an umbrella style formation on their power play. Seems to emphasize their weaknesses.

Paul Martin getting 27 minutes again - this can't continue to happen. When Rachunek comes back, Mottau hopefully sits and the third pairing plays more.

The refs - nice job not calling anything until calling a weak hook very late in the game. Seems standard now. They'd called a great game up until that point.

The Devils' first PP looked great, I was actually quite impressed. Each PP that followed looked worse and worse, though. They just can't seem to figure it out.

I thought Elias was spirited for about half the game -- the first period and a half, he looked great. Even thought he might knock one home. He really fell off in teh second half though.

Brookbank looked like garbage tonight. Mottau didn't look all that special either. Vish and Oduya played very well though. I don't mind if Vish goes out of position every once and a while to lay a big hit.

Tonight's loss doesn't bother me. I thought the team played relatively well, and the physical edge was nice. Rupp had a helluva game. I do agree that he doesn't deserve half the crap he gets. I hope he's in the lineup on Monday.

Brookbank looked like garbage tonight. Mottau didn't look all that special either. Vish and Oduya played very well though. I don't mind if Vish goes out of position every once and a while to lay a big hit.
Edited by SickMan

I am not a fan of the shootout, but I have to admit they are pretty exciting. With that said, if I never see another one, I'd be ok with it. Just something about a team game coming down to a few 1-on-1's. Would they use a homerun derby to settle a baseball game after 12 innings or a punt, pass, and kick competition after 5 minutes of OT in the NFL?

As far as I am concerned, if they are going to keep the shootout they should go 3pts for a regulation win and 2 and 1 for the OT/shootout, or simply make it wins and losses. If they did that, then maybe it would seem less like a gimmick.

And why do the Rangers play so many home games? We just had a 9 game road trip, we only had a 3-game home stand.. guess what? Rangers are currently in like a 5 or 6 game home stand.. not to mention, oddly, 2 straight home games vs us? the hell? I know it all balances out but just little things like that piss me off..

Why exactly did FSNY2 cut away from Sutter's press conference? I wanted to hear his opinion on the shootout.

fiesty it's fine to be angry...but there's a difference between being angry the team lost and saying they need to be lit into when they did play their best. You light into people for lack of effort not lack of results.

Tonight's loss doesn't bother me. I thought the team played relatively well, and the physical edge was nice. Rupp had a helluva game. I do agree that he doesn't deserve half the crap he gets. I hope he's in the lineup on Monday.