Cmon Belicheck and Pat$

LOTCB

There is pretty strong evidence that they were doing this last year from all the teams that had been complaining - hence Goodell's no tolerance edict. There's also some evidence of OTHER forms of cheating such as tampering with teams' audio headsets.

There's no proof they were doing this during SB's but there's no proof they weren't either. Same head coach after all. I HIGHLY doubt that this whole taping thing is something BB would just come up with only this year, of all seasons when he has his best team to boot.

And there is 'absolutely' no other proof that any other team has been involved in similar chicanery as much as NE fans want to say every team was doing it, there's not even a shred of evidence to that effect. If there was I'm sure the Patriots would have found out by now since they're busy trying to persecute every other team in revenge :rolleyes:

There is pretty strong evidence that they were doing this last year from all the teams that had been complaining - hence Goodell's no tolerance edict. There's also some evidence of OTHER forms of cheating such as tampering with teams' audio headsets.

There's no proof they were doing this during SB's but there's no proof they weren't either. Same head coach after all. I HIGHLY doubt that this whole taping thing is something BB would just come up with only this year, of all seasons when he has his best team to boot.

And there is 'absolutely' no other proof that any other team has been involved in similar chicanery as much as NE fans want to say every team was doing it, there's not even a shred of evidence to that effect. If there was I'm sure the Patriots would have found out by now since they're busy trying to persecute every other team in revenge :rolleyes:

Wow I didnt realize you were in the front office for th Pats or work for the NFL. Can I see the tapes from all those chamionships I mean you said they have been doing since 2000 so I am assuming you have some proof right? If noone else was doing this kind of thing then why did the league warn everyone in the preseason about this kind of behavior? But come on lets get some proof of the "strategy" going on since 2000 because I am dieing to read this. You say one thing to me and then make the same type of accusation this is going no where. Face it this all amounts to jealousy. While your hung up on this garbage everyone else is talking about how this is one of the greatest teams of all time. This kind of stuff just makes fans of other teams feel better about themselves but really move on.
Edited by TravisZajac

the turning off of the headsets is the ultimate in bush league petty garbage that I can possibly think of doing here (well aside from putting guys in the wrong jerseys), and that to me I have a bigger issue with then the taping

Most of that is just he said she said that I heard that my best friend say that my cousins uncle was seen standing on the pats side line videotaping our calls. The stuff with people not giving there names out just sounds like reaching to me but hey I'm going to have a different point of view then you. But lets face it pretty much all of this is just speculation with no hard facts. I mean the NFL has not released any proof of any outside tampering with the exception of the Jets game. I mean we can still speculate that the Colts were pumping additional fan sounds out of their speakers as multiple teams including the Pats have now accused them of doing but why waist my time. In the end it really comes down to one thing your a steelers fan and I'm a Pats fan so I'm never going to see your point and you'll never see mine. So I'll just agree to disagree and hope someone hijacks this thread already lol. :gd::cheers:

Edited by njdevils783

Most of that is just he said she said that I heard that my best friend say that my cousins uncle was seen standing on the pats side line videotaping our calls. The stuff with people not giving there names out just sounds like reaching to me but hey I'm going to have a different point of view then you. But lets face it pretty much all of this is just speculation with no hard facts. I mean the NFL has not released any proof of any outside tampering with the exception of the Jets game. I mean we can still speculate that the Colts were pumping additional fan sounds out of their speakers as multiple teams including the Pats have now accused them of doing but why waist my time. In the end it really comes down to one thing your a steelers fan and I'm a Pats fan so I'm never going to see your point and you'll never see mine. So I'll just agree to disagree and hope someone hijacks this thread already lol. :gd::cheers:

So, what's yer excuse for letting the Pats come into Heinz Field whippin yer Steelhers in the past?

Obviously "they were better" just doesn't work for you. Theres gotta be a scape goat.

Edited by LOTCB

I know the Pats* are awesome, they are great, you do not win 3 Super Bowls by cheating alone..to me that is an irresponsible comment...yes, a lot of things are speculative, but Goodell did come down hard on the Pats*, if this was not that big of an issue, why the harsh fine and loss of a 1st rounder?

I agree that now Belipunk looks at himself as a rebel, a guy who wants to really pi$$ off the establishment and really does not care who he offends along the way. And the team is behind him 100 percent. The Pats* are a team to marvel over at times, they draft great, have a keen eye for talent, and have a great QB and great Head Coach. Id kill for some of that in Buffalo, I can respect the Pats*, but I do not have to like them.

As for speculating that other teams cheat, it is like college sports, until the institution is officially caught, you have to assume innocent until proven guilty.

So, what's yer excuse for letting the Pats come into Heinz Field whippin yer Steelhers in the past?

Obviously "they were better" just doesn't work for you. Theres gotta be a scape goat.

??

Where did I say, that the Steelers lost due to cheating by the Patriots?

Tell me?

I only reported quotes from Steelers players/Eagles players/Detroit Lions COACH/GM, BENGALS GM ect? Yeah, you can't deny the fact that the patriots cheated this year, and they got caught. Their sucess in my position, is tarnished somehow, you can't say they didn't cheat or they did cheat.. But, ask yourself this question... They almost got caught during the 2006-2007 season(SEE BILLS and packers complaining.) And they got caught this year. Wouldn't they have used this for many years? I think you didn't see that quote :

Marinelli was the defensive line coach in Tampa Bay when the Bucs beat the Patriots in the 2000 regular season opener and did a good job controlling New England's offense. After the game the Patriots' offensive coach, Charlie Weis, was overheard congratulating the Bucs' defensive coordinator, Monte Kiffin.

"We knew all your calls, and you still stopped us," Weis said. "I can't believe it."

He couldn't believe it because the Patriots had videotaped all of the defensive signals in their last preseason game, which was against the Bucs.

They were better, is that working for you? See,THE STEELHERS, as you call, didn't cheat like your "CHEATIES"!

Man... This is getting way more funnier :uni:

EDIT: OUTSIDE OF THE CHEATING... I think the Patriots had one of the best Front Offices in the NFl since B.B became the HC, they did a marginal job with all their players, and during those Super Bowls years, they were a very talented team. Though, I think their sucess is tarnished and that's my point of view. That's all.

I can understand if Pats fans can defend this, since its their team... But hey, everyone has their opinions, and this is forum.. So we can discuss them.

And this'll be my last response towards this thread. I just feel that reposting again and again would be a waste of time, since you Pats fans have your opinion, when I have mine. We'll never get on the same line on that subject, and I respect that. Also, I don't want to feel like an ass, soooo...........

You won't see TZ posting in this thread.

Edited by TravisZajac

Something else ironic about it, this is the same Shula that a lot of Jet fans will never forgive for the way he monkeyed around with the field in '82 (conveniently forgetting or misplacing the tarp during a rainy week to slop up the field and blunt the Jets' speed advantage before the AFC Championship).

I personally think too much was made of that since the Fins had beaten the Jets twice already that season...but a lot of Jet fans still harbor a big grudge at him for unfairly broadening the definition of home field advantage.

And as much of a Patriot-hater (rather Belichick and Kraft hater) as I am, I wouldn't put an asterisk by the 16-0...they were caught red-handed and punished after one half of one game which they would have still won by 20 if the JETS were videotaping THEM :rolleyes:

I 'will' put an asterisk by the other three titles but not anything they did this year. Unless they do something else and get caught like say, tampering with other teams' audio.

Edited by Hasan4978

And me buying a baseball almanac and putting an asterisk by the Barry Bonds home run record does jack sh!t for the world at large. It means absolute squat.

The very fact that fans of other teams used to call 1995 "Half a Cup" I wore as a badge of honour as it was bore out of their jealousy. I'll do the same here.

And me buying a baseball almanac and putting an asterisk by the Barry Bonds home run record does jack sh!t for the world at large. It means absolute squat.

The very fact that fans of other teams used to call 1995 "Half a Cup" I wore as a badge of honour as it was bore out of their jealousy. I'll do the same here.

Edited by Hasan4978

You're honestly comparing one team that played by the same rules as everyone else and won to another that skirted around the rules to win?

See its all in the eye of the beholder. When its your team you won't question it. Those were the rules of that season and that season only so really by that standard how can you compare it to the wins of any other championship year?

See its all in the eye of the beholder. When its your team you won't question it. Those were the rules of that season and that season only so really by that standard how can you compare it to the wins of any other championship year?

agree 100%