Food at The Rock

thefiestygoat

Been trying something different every night.

Had an Italian Double from Jimmy Buff's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Loved it.

Had the chicken fingers and fries from one of the City Grill's. Good, standard fare.

Had the Spanish Sausage sandwich from El Pastora at the Tastes of Newark stand. Little dry, but still good.

Tonight? Going with the pastrami from Hobby's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Hear it's delicious, and am looking forward to it. Oh, and a friend of mine is bringing me into the Fire Lounge before the game, so I'll try some of their fare too.

The Jimmy Buff's double is my secret guilty pleasure.

only 8 bucks

The Portugese pork chunks and potatoes are good too.

Try them all!!!

The concessionaire are the FRIENDLIEST, MOST COURTIOUS I have experienced.

I hope they keep it up! The CAA peeps were not. :boogie::rolleyes:

I've always gotten nachos at every game I go to, but it seems like the food at the Rock is pretty good so I might start trying other things. I'll probably stop at Jimmy Buff's on Wednesday.

While the nachos are good, I am yet to have a smooth experience with them. The first game I went to, I was waiting for them to get more cheese for the first 16 minutes of the 2nd period until I just gave up. If it wasn't for the fact that I could still see the game from the Mucho Nacho line on the upper concourse, I would have given up sooner. Then I went to the Mucho Nacho downstairs and ended up spending a while on their line for beer and didn't realize it until I got to the front and tried to order nachos. There needs to be some sort of signage to point out which is which.

At the other game I went to, I tried a mucho nacho. I wanted beef but they didn't have any so I got chicken. It tasted good, the problem was that they pile so much stuff on there, but they gave it to me in the smaller tray, while the guy that ordered before me got something cheaper (nacho grande I think) and he got a bigger tray. Not only was it hard to carry with the cheese dripping over the sides, all the cheese piled on top of the nachos made them soggy, and it was impossible to eat them without getting cheese all over my hands. Next time I will ask for them to give it to me in one of the bigger trays so they can put the cheese, salsa, jalapenos, and beef/chicken on the side.

Overall, the mucho nacho was more filling than the regular nachos with cheese, but it was a pain in the ass to eat, and twice as expensive.

• 3 weeks later...

All in the Ice Lounge:

Wings=ok

Pizza=bad, feed it to the visiting team. Bleh

Sausage rolls=dry

Pasta bar=excellent

Carving station beef=excellent

Sushi=excellent, last time they even had an authentic japanese guy trying to keep up.

Steak sammich=excellent

Drinks,

draught beer=good

Bottled beer=some skunked

Mixed drinks=seem watery to my untrained pallette.

My girl found the Pino Grigio most displeasing

very disappointed with Jimmy buffs

got the double-was expecting two big juicy dogs

instead got a very large doughy roll

filled with fried potatoes (yuck)

and two pencil sized dogs for $8

now I know why they wrap them

I couldn't see what I was buying

my bad for not doing better research

as my bro said-we should have

hung out by the condiments to see what looked the best

when I hear double hot dog I think MEAT not fried potatoes :angry:

I went to the Rangers-Devils game at the Rock and thought the food service was so SLOW on the upper concourse. The lines were 12-15 people deep in between periods -- I know, maybe a bad time to go, but still, they only served about three people on each line before the next period started. I finally gave up and ran downstairs to the main concourse and grabbed a beer. That line moved a little quicker.

very disappointed with Jimmy buffs

got the double-was expecting two big juicy dogs

instead got a very large doughy roll

filled with fried potatoes (yuck)

and two pencil sized dogs for $8

now I know why they wrap them

I couldn't see what I was buying

my bad for not doing better research

as my bro said-we should have

hung out by the condiments to see what looked the best

when I hear double hot dog I think MEAT not fried potatoes :angry: