Food at The Rock

thefiestygoat

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Sushi place at The Rock? Sushi is my favorite food and I eat a ton of it a week, all at the same Sushi place where I have gotten to know the owners. I was just wondering if anyone has had tried the Sushi and was it any good? It looked kind of sketch being arena Sushi being prepared by non-Japanese people but I am willing to try it if you guys have positive things to say about it.

Edited by thefiestygoat

I was wondering if anyone here has tried the Sushi place at The Rock? Sushi is my favorite food and I eat a ton of it a week, all at the same Sushi place where I have gotten to know the owners. I was just wondering if anyone has had tried the Sushi and was it any good? It looked kind of sketch being arena Sushi being prepared by non-Japanese people but I am willing to try it if you guys have positive things to say about it.

I'm highly deathly allegeric to seafood, so I naturally did not try it. A friend of mine who is a food snob was unimpressed with it, however.

I do recommend the turkey panini from the harvest cafe stand on the lower concourse, though.

I saw a guy eating two fish and one smelt.... :whistling:

OK JK...Try a Jimmy Buffs Italian Hot Dog. Really coats the stomach so you can drink lots of beers. Its the last stand on the left at the "Tastes of Newark" concession on the upper level. :boogie:

Yes, the mucho nacho stands are awesome and a definite improvement over CAA. Was it really that hard to just put some beef on top of the nachos?

Next game I might have to try the sesame chicken or whatever that was from the chinese place because a guy in front of me was eating it and it smelt amazing.

We should really turn this into a Rock food critique thread. It's going to take me all season to try everything I'd like to.

And I love that they have a stand that serves Blue Moon. I wish it was cheaper, but Blue Moon is not cheap beer, I s'pose.

I've had the chicken fingers and fries which was standard fare but good. I also had the Jimmy Buff dog which was good and the pastrami sandwich which was very good. Of course everything is overpriced but that's an arena for you. At least this stuff is overpriced and good. Tonight I think we're hitting up fresh popped popcorn which the team carried over, thank goodness.

Been trying something different every night.

Had an Italian Double from Jimmy Buff's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Loved it.

Had the chicken fingers and fries from one of the City Grill's. Good, standard fare.

Had the Spanish Sausage sandwich from El Pastora at the Tastes of Newark stand. Little dry, but still good.

Tonight? Going with the pastrami from Hobby's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Hear it's delicious, and am looking forward to it. Oh, and a friend of mine is bringing me into the Fire Lounge before the game, so I'll try some of their fare too.

Well the prices of stuff outside the arena's not lovely either... so it works out... I consider it supporting my team

have to admit the new souvenir cups are most kick ass!!!

Been trying something different every night.

Had an Italian Double from Jimmy Buff's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Loved it.

Had the chicken fingers and fries from one of the City Grill's. Good, standard fare.

Had the Spanish Sausage sandwich from El Pastora at the Tastes of Newark stand. Little dry, but still good.

Tonight? Going with the pastrami from Hobby's at the Tastes of Newark stand. Hear it's delicious, and am looking forward to it. Oh, and a friend of mine is bringing me into the Fire Lounge before the game, so I'll try some of their fare too.