Food at The Rock

thefiestygoat

Got the hot corned beef sammich at Hobby's last night. While $12 is a little steep, the sandwich was bangin! It was really plain, just corned beef on rye, but the corned beef was so excellent that it didn't need anything else. You also get a pickle, a bag of chips, and a small side of coleslaw. If they sold it for $8 or $9, it would be perfect. But it was really good nonetheless.

Got the hot corned beef sammich at Hobby's last night. While $12 is a little steep, the sandwich was bangin! It was really plain, just corned beef on rye, but the corned beef was so excellent that it didn't need anything else. You also get a pickle, a bag of chips, and a small side of coleslaw. If they sold it for $8 or $9, it would be perfect. But it was really good nonetheless.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't notice that before. What stand is it at? I don't like rye bread but I love corned beef so I hope that will override the taste of the rye. I also love pickles, chips, and cole slaw so it seems like a good meal.

It's the second to last stand on the right at Tastes of Newark, right next to Jimmy Buff's.

I tried the corned beef not too long ago...it was FANTASTIC. The turkey breast sandwich is also friggen awesome. I love the dressing they give with it...dipping the sandwich in is the best.

BTW, you don't really notice the rye bread. Granted, I like rye, but the flavor of the corned beef really came through, I think you should be okay fiesty.

Edited by RD

This is random, but I just realized there's a Jimmy Buffs restaurant like 10 minutes from me up route 10 in the East Hanover/Livingston area. I even ate there once a couple years ago, I didn't even know that it WAS Jimmy Buffs...I feel silly.

Don't feel silly I just noticed that place on New Years Eve when I was out shopping and I've been in that shopping center millions of times.

Don't feel silly I just noticed that place on New Years Eve when I was out shopping and I've been in that shopping center millions of times.

Yeah, my best friend used to work at that Harmon's when we were in high school years ago, so I used to go to that shopping center all the time, but I try to avoid 10 East nowadays, people don't know how to drive at all.