Food at The Rock

thefiestygoat

I bumped this thread up in case anyone has any comments on the food available inside The Rock. I know they got rid of some of the food options that were offered last season. Here's the current list:

Prudential Arena Concessions

Actually that list is from last season and a lot of those places are gone. Habana Grill, Harvest Table, El Pastor and Kings are no longer. On the Boardwalk is also upstairs now, under 232. JT's BBQ is also now in the Tastes of Newark and there is a new Gyro stand there as well. There have also been a couple Thuman's Deli stands on the concourses. I think one is near the Fire Lounge and one is by the slap shot game upstairs.

Edited by skeeter

Has anyone gotten the meatloaf from Hobby's that Chico got in Chico Eats? It looked like a seriously hearty portion, but I'm afraid that since Hobby's is grotesquely overpriced that it would be like $20 or something.

For my money, Jimmy Buff's is still the sh!t. Double with everything. Makes me fart so bad that I have to get a seat on the train by the bathroom just so I can excuse myself every five minutes to bust some lethal ass.

Jimmy Buff's is fvcking amazing.

Has anyone gotten the meatloaf from Hobby's that Chico got in Chico Eats? It looked like a seriously hearty portion, but I'm afraid that since Hobby's is grotesquely overpriced that it would be like $20 or something.

For my money, Jimmy Buff's is still the sh!t. Double with everything. Makes me fart so bad that I have to get a seat on the train by the bathroom just so I can excuse myself every five minutes to bust some lethal ass.

I think the meatloaf was like $11 or $12.

Actually that list is from last season and a lot of those places are gone. Habana Grill, Harvest Table, El Pastor and Kings are no longer. On the Boardwalk is also upstairs now, under 232. JT's BBQ is also now in the Tastes of Newark and there is a new Gyro stand there as well. There have also been a couple Thuman's Deli stands on the concourses. I think one is near the Fire Lounge and one is by the slap shot game upstairs.

I had assumed the Devils had updated that list. I never know where anything is when I'm there, so I always end up getting the same old things, usually a burger. Thanks for providing an update. :cheers:

I think the meatloaf was like $11 or $12.

Yeah, Chico mentioned that approximate price in his Chico Eats segment. It sure did look tasty.

Edited by 95Crash

We did the restaurant last night at The Rock for the first time. And possibly last time.

What a mess. The food was good (buffet), but the procedure is crazy. Everyone had a different story: do this; no you can't do that; no you can't sit there; this is not available to you where you are sitting; if you came early you could order from this menu, but not now.

Mr. Vanderbeek will be receiving a letter from me highlighting the insanity we experienced. Hopefully others have had a better experience.

We did the restaurant last night at The Rock for the first time. And possibly last time.

What a mess. The food was good (buffet), but the procedure is crazy. Everyone had a different story: do this; no you can't do that; no you can't sit there; this is not available to you where you are sitting; if you came early you could order from this menu, but not now.

Mr. Vanderbeek will be receiving a letter from me highlighting the insanity we experienced. Hopefully others have had a better experience.

I see nothing has changed. I went there with my family on opening night and it was a terrible experience. I have not returned since!

Go to one of the retaurant s outside the arena

Hells Kitchen, Sculley's etc

I see nothing has changed. I went there with my family on opening night and it was a terrible experience. I have not returned since!

Go to one of the retaurant s outside the arena

Hells Kitchen, Sculley's etc

We always do, on weekend games. Weeknight games we only get there in time to hit the Gyro Joint upstairs.

I wouldn't call it a terrible experience, just "not as advertised" and thus disappointing. The waiter tried to be accommodating, but he could only do so much, even offered to get me a plate from the buffet (as I'm recovering from knee surgery).

We always do, on weekend games. Weeknight games we only get there in time to hit the Gyro Joint upstairs.

GYRO ZONE!! Call it OCD, but I go to a ton of games and after the 2nd period during that intermission I have to get a gyro from there.. Look for a 6'3" 20 yr old in a Brodeur jersey at Sunday's game getting a gyro from Gyro Zone

Edited by Colin226

GYRO ZONE!! Call it OCD, but I go to a ton of games and after the 2nd period during that intermission I have to get a gyro from there.. Look for a 6'3" 20 yr old in a Brodeur jersey at Sunday's game getting a gyro from Gyro Zone

Heh, you're one section over from us.

They also have decent baklava there. But after a gyro and bakalava, I can barely stand when the Devs score.

I wish Rutt's Hut would have put a stand in at the Rock. They would get all of my business. :dance:

...forget the dogs, how 'bout some good`ol fashioned Grade-A? 3 CHEERS FOR A WHITE CASTLE!!!

HIP HIP... HOORAY!!

:boogie::dance::clap::dizzy::lock::yay::w00t::cheers::rock::yea::headless chicken:

• 1 month later...
The zeppoles quite possibly might be the best thing I have ever ate at the Rock.

Seriously. They're a little dangerous to eat at your seat though ... it's easy to make the person in front of you look like they have some mean dandruff.

7. Love the TVs up right above to watch replays. Only thing is that we ALWAYS seem to get the visiting fans in our section. It gets tiresome.

Very true but yes the TV's make us better than the other side.. And for the zeppoles, they cost wayyyyyy to much.. Devils definitely playing off the whole North Jersey Italian thing

I bumped this thread up in case anyone has any comments on the food available inside The Rock. I know they got rid of some of the food options that were offered last season. Here's the current list:

Prudential Arena Concessions

Yea they stopped serving Blue Moon right before I turned 21. :angry:

I just recently discovered the greatness of gyros, so I tried one from this place on Friday. I didn't really like it. All the meat was burnt to a crisp. Is it always like that or did mine just end up like that because they were real busy?

Edited by devilsfan26

• 9 months later...

Going to the game today and need food ideas for inside the arena. The last few times, I've eaten the burgers, which I like, but this time I'd like to try something different.

Any suggestions?

Jimmy Buff's hot dogs which are upstairs at the Taste of Newark, I believe. Awesome Italian hot dogs. If you're feeling BBQ, JT's (which is also upstairs) is pretty good, too.

Jimmy Buff's hot dogs which are upstairs at the Taste of Newark, I believe. Awesome Italian hot dogs. If you're feeling BBQ, JT's (which is also upstairs) is pretty good, too.

I had a Jimmy Buff's Italian hot dog once, the first season The Rock opened. You're right, it was very good. Maybe I'll try JTs this time. What kind of BBQ do they have, I wonder.

I hate to do this but I feel its my civic duty as a patron/customer of Brick City Grill. So here it goes...

My GF bought me tickets to Sunday's Devils Kings game and I was amped because I hadn't gone yet this year and I usually go 4-5 times a year if I can.

Well, last season we went to BCG right before a Rangers Devils game with my dad and 2 buddies and sat at the back bar and had a few beers and wings...everyone loved the place and thought it was really cool. I don't really remember anything negative about our experience other than the place being SOOOOO PACKED.

So, my GF asked where I wanted to eat before hand and I said BCG of course. We looked at the menu online and we were excited. (I read on here right before I left about the 'event day menu' but didn't understand the utter disgrace I was about to get myself into)...

So we get there at about 3 o clock and we are seated right away...we sit down and look at the menu...the menu is about 1/3 or 1/4 of what we looked at online before we left the house. It took the waiter (young guido looking gentleman) about 15 minutes to even come and take our drink order. It took him another 15 to come back with our beers at which time he was about to run away before taking our food order but I insisted he take it and take it quickly. Side note, as we are sitting there for a half hour staring at our WILDLY OVERPRICED menus, I am starting to get anxiety about just how high these prices actually were and how limited the menu was. I am not hurting for cash, however, it was my GFs treat and I really really felt bad about the prices.

So we ordered our food. I ordered some 15 dollar cheeseburger with avocado on it (who the hell wants a burger with avocado on it) and my girl orders the greek salad with NO CHICKEN (shes a vegetarian)...GREAT.

So the food comes and this is what we get: greek salad WITH chicken, big overcooked burger with OLD roll...we have to track down guido waiter to get the chicken taken off (I wasn't that worried about it but she was not going to eat anything near or around the chicken) and finally he took the salad back and brought us a "new(er)" one sans chicken. We never got any ketchup on our table. So I was bumming off a couple lumberjack looking clowns next to me who were not happy to be sharing. I had to track down the guido waiter again when our beers ran out and we just wanted water.

Overall, the food gets a 3/10, the prices get a 1/10, the service gets a 0/10 (would give less than 0 if I could) and the atmosphere is decent...but overall, I WILL NEVER GO BACK...in fact, I will see to it that I spread the word and NO ONE I KNOW ever goes back to this place. It was horrible. The food IN THE ARENA is cheaper and better tasting and at least the service might be more accomodating and friendly.

***I am not one to complain. I worked in restaurants for years and I know what its like to be a waiter, but come on...for a 15-16 dollar hamburger and an 18 dollar salad (SIDE NOTE: HE CHARGED US FOR THE CHICKEN ANYWAY because of the game day menu, like are you kidding me? I asked but wasn't going to argue with him in front of my girlfriend)...this place is a DISGRACE.

DO NOT GO TO BRICK CITY GRILL ON GAMEDAYS. Save your money and your time. Food sucks. Service sucks.

The double dog from Buff's is basically what I get every game. Once in a while I get the Pastrami from Hobby's instead....