Posada Signs, Molina signs, Rivera Could be Soon to Follow

thefiestygoat

http://yankees.lhblogs.com/

"Posada has his deal: 4 years/$52 million"

"Rivera was in the Dominican Republic today but is supposedly on his way home. I would expect his deal to get done in the next 24-36 hours."

-------------------

I am really happy to have Posada back but on the other hand I don't like this deal. I really thought 3 years was excessive but necessary to get him to sign, so having to shell out 4 years is insane. Hopefully he can continue to defy the odds and play well but I won't get my hopes up. Oh well, welcome back Jorge and teach the young pitchers a lot over the next 4 years!

EDIT: Jose Molina agrees to a two year deal according to WFAN.

-----

This is the first good news of the offseason, he was a solid backup catcher, something they needed for years, awesome news.

Edited by thefiestygoat

Wow Torre leaving must have really put their jewels in a vice because this contract is absoutly insane. I mean can we really expect him to repeat on his numbers from last season? He's already past the age where catchers begin to decline so how much can we expect from him on the back 2 back end years of this contract.

Again with luck Tri? Baseball is not all about luck. It is an awful contract but Posada had the Yankees over a barrel and he knew it. This is where the lack of position prospects hurts the Yankees. It's all well and good to have lots of pitching prospects but you can't win games 0-0. One of the side effects of having a pitching heavy minor league system is that you have to overpay either in talent in a trade or dollars/years in a contract to bring back hitters.

Again with luck Tri? Baseball is not all about luck. It is an awful contract but Posada had the Yankees over a barrel and he knew it. This is where the lack of position prospects hurts the Yankees. It's all well and good to have lots of pitching prospects but you can't win games 0-0. One of the side effects of having a pitching heavy minor league system is that you have to overpay either in talent in a trade or dollars/years in a contract to bring back hitters.