The Official NJ Ironmen Thread

njdevils2003champs

This belongs in the locker room section but yes I'm debating getting season tix in the 8 dollar section. 15 games for 120 bucks, can't really beat that. There are a few games I can't go to as well so if I don't get seasons I will be showing up at the box office and getting 8 dollar seats for the games I can go to.

Edited by Satans Hockey

• 3 weeks later...
Did anyone go to the first game tonight and if so, how was it?

Long time Lurker, first time poster, haven't even done the Official Introduction yet.

We went to the Ironmen Home Opener last night.

My report: I wanted 5 $20 tix, they sold me 10 tix for $100 in section 6, so that wasn't bad.

We went in early (drove in got there about 3pm, after my friend had a blowout) and parked at Seton Hall Law School garage, and paid only $9 because we got there nice and early. Late Lunch at Scully's, then several drinks at Hell's Kitchen. Arena opened at 6pm, shortly before we got there.

We had access to the Fire and Ice lounges, though the food was only pizza. (What's up with $70 for 5 vodka martinis??) Many of the regular concession booths open for Devils were closed across both concourses. Anyway, it was an entertaining game. Pele was there, guy looks like he could still kick it around. Irons won 8-6, the game is a weird concoction of soccer, hockey and basketball. My British friend saw some decent skills, but felt the visitors weren't as good as the score indicated. Lots of kids were there, and lots of soccer fans, which was good to see. Samba section with the non-stop drumming, eh not a fan. The game started about 7:50pm (the opening ceremonies were long with Pele and all), game was over about 10pm.

We went with some friends who went the night before to see the Devs take out the Habs, an another friend who has never been. They all enjoyed themselves, and agreed that upstairs gives a better view (we went to Sec 227 for the final quarter).

We would go back. Hope that helps.