Doug Armstrong Fired as Stars GM

CRASHER

I can see why, year after year this team has gotten worse and they get NO ONE who can score besides Morrow...

Source, my ex in Dallas... and a link too :P

http://tsn.ca/news_story.asp?ID=222782&hubName=main

The Dallas Stars have relieved general manager Doug Armstrong of his duties the club announced on Tuesday.

No replacement was named but Hicks said interim positions would be announced later.

Well, now's as good a time as any.... aside from that 4 years ago thing Tri mentioned :giggle:

So.. how can some of you guys obsess about the ENTIRE LEAGUE? The Devils on their own is enough for me... but you know so many of you really do have answers for what every team needs front office back office and on ice...

Pat Quinn

Neal Smith... what are some of the other rote answers here?

Who'd actually be a groovy GM?

Dang - you're fast Crasher! I just received the email notice from dallasnews.com.

I'm glad. I've never been a fan of Armstrong's. Hmmm . . . . can't imagine why. :rolleyes:

So who will they bring in????? Any ideas?

None of his trades/signings for big names like Arnott or Guerin (or Lindros!) worked. There has been no really good 2nd line center to complement Mo since Nieuwy. He did get Boucher, Barnes, Robidas, Ribeiro & Nordstrom, and he did manage to keep Modano, Morrow, Zubov & Lehtinen & Turco. The team's gotten old and slow.

How can this be a mistake? The Stars have like 3 homegrown players on their roster. Armstrong signed the disastrous Bill Guerin contract, let Derian Hatcher walk (not a mistake, but the fans didn't like it), traded Nieuwendyk and Langenbrunner, traded a 1st round pick for the abysmal Ladislav Nagy, etc.

Star were a team in transition, yet they were tied for #4 overall last year with 107 points.

He made some signings mistakes (who hasn't?), but he also was able to recoup many younger players.

Its not like they are last years Flyers, these guys are still good and young (aside from Modano).

They are a team on the decline. Their team is probably the oldest in the NHL, and not that good. The team ran hot in the shootout, which is why their record is so good. Their top 3 defensemen are all on the wrong side of 30 and there's no indication that any of their younger players are actually any good.

A Flyers blowup is rare. Dallas is beginning a slow slide into mediocrity. It was time for a change.

I refuse to believe that you need a refresher course in how to annoy anyone, Crasher :lol:

I guess not.. but I like to keep the skills SHARP :evil:

I don't need to be annoyed thank you, Scott!

More breaking news for my wonderful team ... Brett Hull & Les Jackson names co-interim GMs

http://stars.beloblog.com/archives/2007/11...erim_cogms.html

Yes, I know co-GMs are gay ...

Hey i was plenty nice to you today.... must have been the shots with dinner!! B )

Your team is a total mess now though... should make for a FUN game of train wreck hockey though!!!