Marty Brodeur 500!!!

pattyelias

Awesome thread and well deserved. I try not to be partial to one player but there is one reason why I am a die hard fan today and that is because of Martin Brodeur. I wasn't able to witness win #1 but when he came onto the scene in 93 he became my favorite player instantly.

It's kind of weird how my most memorable moment of him was when we lost to the Rags in 94. For all the great moments I have witnessed as a fan, game 7 of 94 stands out the most despite the bad outcome. Just seeing him cry and how sad he was to not get the job done, you just knew that he was going to be something special. For him to be sad after his performance was crazy because he was absolutely ridiculous in that series. Even in a losing effort, that was Marty Brodeur at his best. He didn't enjoy losing and it's no surprise he is now closing in on #1 all time.

Marty has been getting some flack around these parts during the last few weeks but to me he is the one player who will always get the benefit of the doubt. I can honestly say that he was the main reason why I truly fell in love with the game of hockey and why it became so important to me. It might sound corny but for that I will always be grateful.

When all is said and done, Marty will be the face of the Devils franchise for as long as it exists. Not to take anything away from the greats who have played here before like Stevens and Daneyko, but Brodeur will go down as one of the BEST players in the history of this league and the only jersey he has ever worn has been the red one with the tail and horns on it. All you need to do is look at his mask. If that is not the symbol of Devils hockey, I don't know what is.

Marty is the fvcking man. Tonight was probably the first night of this season where I was really happy about this team. For all the negativity that has been surrounding this team so far this season, it was nice to finally have something to cheer about.

Congrats on win #500 and here is to many more. It's well deserved.

Edited by SickMan

:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::beerbang: Marty-Fakkin-Brodeur! :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

Well deserved...and nice to see him laugh and smile for a change!

Its amazing how top-level he looks when the entire team is actually playing with a full effort.

I mean....he always looks like a "good" goalie....but when the team plays well he looks like the MArty of old...immortal!!!!

That last save was a kodak moment no doubt!!!!!!!

It's also funny to remember back earlier to the first game when every Flyers fan was posting and prophesizing that:

"the pipes belonged to a "New generation of MARTY: Marty Biron"

So fittingly:

"The BENCH belongs to a new MARTY: Marty Biron!!!" :hail:

Marty has been getting some flack around these parts during the last few weeks but to me he is the one player who will always get the benefit of the doubt. I can honestly say that he was the main reason why I truly fell in love with the game of hockey and why it became so important to me. It might sound corny but for that I will always be grateful.

He makes us all proud to be devils fans. Marty will be with us longafter he retires imo. He'll take Jacques place to mentor whomever takes his place. The day all the other (Atlantic div) teams long for, his retirement.