Voros

CMONPETEYD

I think the emergence of David Clarkson really spelled the end for Voros with the team, largely similar players by style, but David is younger and really outplayed Voros in Albany/Lowell. He was just passed by by a younger guy with higher upside.

Also remember clarksons offensive numbers from his debut last year, and compare them to now when hes playing a regular shift each night. Many guys have played well over the course of their first 10 games, but then disappeared forever.

Hey make of it what you will i was just stating that he had scored another goal, and thought i would keep th thread alive, creating some sort of AAron Voros tracking thread.

FWIW he has also taken 3 penaltys ;

5 min fighting major

2 min unsportsmanklike conduct

2 minutes high sticking.

My Penner comparison was meant more to mock Penner than praise Voros. I haven't really seen Voros play but he sounds like Clarkson, Rupp, and Pelley, except he can't play Center like the last two can so there wasn't any room for him. You can't Pay and Play everyone so instead of plugging another Rook in there, lou signed Asham and traded Voros (and his contract).

There's a trend around here to keep track of every player the Devils let go - there's probably people on this site who think Christian Berglund is the answer.

HAHA ok,

I didnt want to upset anyone by posting this :rolleyes: although that may be to late now , i wasnt implying Voros was the answer to any form of Devils problem , or saying Lou should be hung for letting him go.

Just saw he had scored , rememberd the thread, and though it might bring up some more discussion.

Wont be making that mistake again.

Quick question: Does the quote time usually come up as GMT?

Must be because its that time overe her and thats the time i have it set to :noclue:

I quoted you to test it out.

I thought it would have changed depending on where you were reading it.

There's a trend around here to keep track of every player the Devils let go - there's probably people on this site who think Christian Berglund is the answer.

He was dumped for nothing less than a year ago and he's performing well at the NHL level so far. What's wrong with bringing it up?

• 2 weeks later...

would not be the first time lou let a good one go...

i'm happy with the current grinders...

i would take clarkson, pelley, and asham over voros...

but i think voros is more valuble than rupp...(sans 2003 scf winning goal, legendary devils hi-lite for all eternity...for ever...and ever...and ever...)lol!

Voros currently has a shooting percentage of about 23%. I didn't go back in check but I don't believe there is anything in his past to suggest he will be a goal scorer in the NHL. Based on those 2 things we're just watching an incredible streak of good fortune for a player.

• 2 weeks later...

Voros scored #7 tonight against Dallas.

EDIT: Scoring changed to Demitra assisted by Voros.

EDIT 2: Scoring changed back to Voros. Demitra scored later assisted by Voros, so 1 G and 1 A so far tonight.

Edited by JWomp