GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ NJ DEVILS 7:00PM

eaglejelly

MTL.gifNJD.gif

devils.nhl.com

Martin Brodeur and the New Jersey Devils are winning and gaining confidence. Now, they get to face a team they have not lost to in almost four years Friday night when the Montreal Canadiens visit the Prudential Center.

New Jersey (12-10-2) has won its last eight meetings with Montreal (13-8-3) dating to a 3-2 road loss on March 20, 2004. Since that defeat, the Devils have outscored the Canadiens 29-16, including 12-4 in 2006-07 to sweep the four-game season series.

New Jersey's domination of Montreal has been helped by outstanding play from Brodeur, who has a 1.98 goals-against average and a shutout while starting each game during the eight-game win streak. In 50 career games against the Canadiens, the three-time Vezina Trophy winner is 33-12-0 with five ties, a 1.74 GAA and seven shutouts.

Edited by eaglejelly

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Ya might want to read over the rule about posting full articles. I'd edit that post ASAP.

Fixed

My 2nd GDT, I hope I can keep my perfect record. Because of our new baby, tonight will be the first game I will be at this season, I am really exited. I have to teach my wife only to have Babies in the off-season :evil:

Not going tonight though i may try to score a last minute 10$ ticket if i can escape work in time.

Fixed

My 2nd GDT, I hope I can keep my perfect record. Because of our new baby, tonight will be the first game I will be at this season, I am really exited. I have to teach my wife only to have Babies in the off-season :evil:

Ummm, that will be a team effort for you both. :giggle:

LGD!!! :gd:

Go Devils! I'm nervous about this game, they are 1-3 when I attend so far this year but hopefully they improve upon that.

Brian, I finally found my luck devils hat in the bottom of my closet! That thing has an amazing undefeated record(38-0-5-0 at CAA)! ...no wonder I started out 1-2 at the rock. Things are looking up >=]

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

You know I hate posting anything serious, but I didn't see this posted anywhere else in the thread...

According to a little tidbit on TSN, Carey Price is getting the start in net for the Habs tonight. I got to see a lot of Price last season (I do volunteer video work for an AHL team), and I think this kid's going to be special.

Just you wait.

Lets Go Biatches!

I'll be watching RDS in French...

Price is definately the real deal....however...I think we can still get it done.

Having said that a lot of people are making the silly comparison/prediction of immortal goaltending:

Price is to Brodeur as Brodeur was to Roy

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Remind us all again of the franchise record win streak?????????????????????

BTW, to many who are calling for a "call up" from Lowell to replace Pando currently.....there is nothing there that is ready right now....and his little brother is DEFINATELY not Jay.

Little Gio is fast though....hmmm.

Edited by DevilinLA