GDT: Montreal Canadiens @ NJ DEVILS 7:00PM

eaglejelly

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hahaha and the raping of les canadiens by Marty continues...............

This just in: Montreal to sign Alexei Morozov and to attempt to trade for Rangers' prospect Nigel Dawes.

They can't beat Brodeur otherwise.

This is a different team than began the season. They've come together. The lines are staying semi-permanent. Tonight they got a ton of breaks, but they closed Montreal out on the power play.

I really, really liked the game Dainius Zubrus played even though he didn't show up on the scoresheet. Skating well, throwing body checks - he is not going to put that many pucks in the net and he's not going to have a tremendous number of assists, but he does all the things right that players have to do to win hockey games.

Even Oduya looked good!

This just in: Montreal to sign Alexei Morozov and to attempt to trade for Rangers' prospect Nigel Dawes.

They can't beat Brodeur otherwise.

This is a different team than began the season. They've come together. The lines are staying semi-permanent. Tonight they got a ton of breaks, but they closed Montreal out on the power play.

I really, really liked the game Dainius Zubrus played even though he didn't show up on the scoresheet. Skating well, throwing body checks - he is not going to put that many pucks in the net and he's not going to have a tremendous number of assists, but he does all the things right that players have to do to win hockey games.

Even Oduya looked good!

Nice call on Zubrus. I noticed that about him as well tonight and was thinking to myself how he does all the the things that Gomez didn't. He is a good player. Only problem is that his contributions wont be noticed as much cause they won't show up on the score sheet.

Does the word locomotive mean anything to anybody? The Devils are rolling.

Edited by SickMan

Yes on Zubrus... his best game of the year.. I watched him a lot tonight and he was great. Good call T

Clarkson was also really excellent.

The only player that look flat was Asham... he wasn't skating.

And Mattau is the real deal... he might have been our best d-man tonight... as well as a few other recent nights. His puck quickness and decision making might be team's best.

Re: Asham - I thought so too. I'd have him sit and put Rupp in the lineup. Asham hasn't been fighting or playing particularly well of late.

Re: Mottau - Let's not go nuts. If this team makes the playoffs, I won't be comfortable with him taking a shift. I think he's best against a team like the Habs, and the way the Devils' forwards are playing defense lately covers up his deficiencies, but I'm not convinced he is an NHL-level defenseman. I remember the board liking Ray Giroux too.

And it was Zubrus's best game of the year.

I like my pronounciation better. :P

And, oh yeah, way to go Devils! Zach getting hot, Marty getting hot ... look out rest of the Atlantic. We're comin!

according to my girlfriend, Zach has been hot since October 5 2005.

:angry:

in all seriousness...what a f'n game! again the PK is the reason we win. of course they say your best penalty killer is your goalie!